The Mobile Phone Thread

Chaztin

3 hours ago, cyberpunk said:

If only Apple ditched that dated notch.... 

But yeah Android OEMs are starting to lose the plot. I don't think aside from Pixels and Samsung S series, other phones even get timely updates now. OnePlus used to be the "cool" brand, but they have had a lot of missteps lately. Very few options to choose from!

32 minutes ago, kold_war said:

I swear dude.... i hate that damn notch...cant withstand it

wanted an iphone 11 but notch was one of the factors i didnt get it

Same, can't get over the notch, hopefully this year's iPhone has a smaller notch

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Snake said:

Same, can't get over the notch, hopefully this year's iPhone has a smaller notch

According to leaks it is indeed a bit small. 

1 hour ago, sidsinsights said:

Did they add call recording yet ?

Nope . Only paid . Another place where android has advantage. 

10 minutes ago, sidsinsights said:

Yes. It's embarrassing that even 10k phones have this feature. 

Almost everyone I know need this function. Not sure why they ain't giving yet.

jurassic park dinosaur GIF

• Confused 1

On 5/19/2021 at 4:44 AM, VelivolusDas said:

Installed the Android 12 Beta 1 on my 4a.

It's... Well... Different.

I'm not sure I like it.

Too 'bubbly' for my liking. Also, not all the features shown in the event are available in the Beta yet. So, the 'change device theme based on wallpaper' is not there yet. No 'new' widgets yet, either.

Update:

Beta 2 released yesterday and makes things slightly better.

- Volume Controls have been de-hideous'ised (I know it's not a word, but I had to use it). Looks so much better now.

- Camera and Mic Access permissions are in the notifications now. Works very well.

- Theme changes as per the wallpaper available now (slightly buggy, though).

- New Power menu is... okay.

- The phone feels every so slightly smoother.

https://youtu.be/jXF3G6AEIs0

any idea how much would display and back replacement cost, for 1+ 7T Pro...bc, track pant k pocket se fisal k gir gaya, mkc, seedha cracks, kya l**de ka gorilla glass protection bc, chutya banane ka dhandha hain company waalon ka

42 minutes ago, Pushy said:

any idea how much would display and back replacement cost, for 1+ 7T Pro...bc, track pant k pocket se fisal k gir gaya, mkc, seedha cracks, kya l**de ka gorilla glass protection bc, chutya banane ka dhandha hain company waalon ka

I think it will cost you somewhere around 18k for front and back glass. My friend got his 7t screen replaced, costed him 14000 bucks.

Y u no use Glass protection beech. And that gorilla and iPhone glass protection is the biggest lie companies sell. Jis din fisal ke gaya to screen gayi. Better to have a screen protector.

My phone has slipped so many times and even thrown at but it is only my screen protector that breaks everytime!

And Y u noe showing up on forums beech! Too much work? Isi liye bola tha padhai kar le BC!

f*** you pushpa!!!!!

6 hours ago, dante77 said:

Y u no use Glass protection beech. And that gorilla and iPhone glass protection is the biggest lie companies sell. Jis din fisal ke gaya to screen gayi. Better to have a screen protector.

My phone has slipped so many times and even thrown at but it is only my screen protector that breaks everytime!

And Y u noe showing up on forums beech! Too much work? Isi liye bola tha padhai kar le BC!

f*** you pushpa!!!!!

This is disturbing

6 hours ago, dante77 said:

f*** you pushpa!!!!!

moi hath beecum e lurkin a$$....moi lurkz arund da phorumz n reploi nly whurr nessisary, lel :puspa:

• Like 1

After a lot of deciding, finally went with the Pixel 4a. The screen didn't feel as good as the curved Super AMOLED on my old S9 right out of the box but I've gotten used to it after a few days of use. The software and camera as one would expect is unmatchable. Now can anyone suggest me a good case for it? I'm thinking to get the Caseology TPU Vault Back Cover Case from Amazon.

4 hours ago, cyberpunk said:

After a lot of deciding, finally went with the Pixel 4a. The screen didn't feel as good as the curved Super AMOLED on my old S9 right out of the box but I've gotten used to it after a few days of use. The software and camera as one would expect is unmatchable. Now can anyone suggest me a good case for it? I'm thinking to get the Caseology TPU Vault Back Cover Case from Amazon.

Google's fabric cases are available from time to time. Nothing comes close in terms of hand feel. Else Caseology, Belkin etc. 

8 hours ago, cyberpunk said:

Now? Oooh damn I've been waiting around for Pixel 5A to drop.

Not that I mind having the 4A, but the upgrade isn't urgent so I decided to wait.

@Bird Bird Bird any idea when the 5A will drop? and expected price?

My budget is around 35K at most. :fear1:

3 hours ago, North said:

Now? Oooh damn I've been waiting around for Pixel 5A to drop.

Not that I mind having the 4A, but the upgrade isn't urgent so I decided to wait.

@Bird Bird Bird any idea when the 5A will drop? and expected price?

My budget is around 35K at most. :fear1:

No info on Indian launch or pricing. Mum's the word unfortunately. 

• Confused 1