The Mobile Phone Thread

Chaztin

1 hour ago, KunjanPSD said:

Whenever Apple compares its performance with the "best-selling" competitor, it basically means that the update is incremental.

Best selling can be 5000 rupees Android phone too :P

That said the iphone 13 is hardly an upgrade, good for new entrants, but any one with iPhone 11 and above should not bother, maybe even the one with iPhone X.

The cinematic mode is the only good thing about the turd of a presentation. How many times does the Jokers use the word Ever :doh:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

Yep. loving the higher refresh rate on the OP 7T. Really can't go back. 

 gotchu covered with Pro-motion now. And I have it on good authority their 120 Hz is 69% better than the highest selling competitor’s 120 Hz.

1 hour ago, quixote_1989 said:

 gotchu covered with Pro-motion now. And I have it on good authority their 120 Hz is 69% better than the highest selling competitor’s 120 Hz.

Congratulations you will receive a toffee signed by Tim Cook replica Himself.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

How are you finding the switch ?

There are small things like you mentioned, which annoy me as its simple enough to do on Windows. I noticed too many of these things in the first week, but after about a month I've gotten pretty used to it? I'm sure there are some positives also here and there which I will miss if I had to switch back to Windows.

But I came from 7th gen i3, 4GB, no SSD laptop to a M1 Macbook Air. This thing is lightning fast and so I'm not complaining :P

15 hours ago, CtrlAltDev93 said:

Oh yeah, it's a trap. They tease you with all these features that's only available in the ecosystem and slowly you find yourself switching your devices. There's no downgrade as such (depending on your usage type) but it definitely has a learning curve. I personally find the MacBook + iPad workflow very productive. 

13 hours ago, Thegothamchampion said:

I have both macbook and iPhone and the ecosystem is really worth it. Small things like copy pasting between iPhone and macbook works like charm. I don't know why the macOS is becoming sh*t year over year. When I bought MacBook in 2016, apple had a huge gaming library as well. 

Yes. My first Apple device was the iPad mini. its really old now so don't use it much, but just wondering if I need the iPhone since I got the Macbook.

Just for the supposed 'ecosystem' benefits, and the camera setup is a HUGE priority for me, so wondering if the step up from the Pixel 5A would be worth it.

If it doesn't come to India, I think I'll just have to pony up the cash for an iPhone. 

57 minutes ago, North said:

There are small things like you mentioned, which annoy me as its simple enough to do on Windows. I noticed too many of these things in the first week, but after about a month I've gotten pretty used to it? I'm sure there are some positives also here and there which I will miss if I had to switch back to Windows.

But I came from 7th gen i3, 4GB, no SSD laptop to a M1 Macbook Air. This thing is lightning fast and so I'm not complaining :P

Yes. My first Apple device was the iPad mini. its really old now so don't use it much, but just wondering if I need the iPhone since I got the Macbook.

Just for the supposed 'ecosystem' benefits, and the camera setup is a HUGE priority for me, so wondering if the step up from the Pixel 5A would be worth it.

If it doesn't come to India, I think I'll just have to pony up the cash for an iPhone. 

In terms of photos, pixel is marginally better than iPhone. But when it comes to videos, iPhone is miles ahead of competition. Also, instagram and Snapchat work way better on IOS.

23 hours ago, Thegothamchampion said:

In terms of photos, pixel is marginally better than iPhone. But when it comes to videos, iPhone is miles ahead of competition. Also, instagram and Snapchat work way better on IOS.

23 hours ago, dylanjosh said:

More reason not to get iOS. Save your mental health. 

ooof :P

not gonna lie, I use both of those a fair bit so feedback is relevant hahah

15 hours ago, Snake said:

Does one need to buy Apple care day 1 with the phone that you are buying or can you buy it later?

I think it's within 60 or 30 days best to buy it with phone or you need to send photos and stuff to activate, thi is for ipad might be diff for ipoon

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Big Boss said:

Best android phone within 50k? 

It would help the forum suggest a phone if you answered these questions:
What is your primary use case?
Do you need the phone to excel in a particular part or do you want an all-rounder?
Do you have a preferred brand?

3 minutes ago, BRHeadHunter said:

It would help the forum suggest a phone if you answered these questions:
What is your primary use case?
Do you need the phone to excel in a particular part or do you want an all-rounder?
Do you have a preferred brand?

No brand preference. My sister wants it. Her last phone was redmi note 5. She wants it as daily driver. Native call recording in os is must. 

23 hours ago, Big Boss said:

No brand preference. My sister wants it. Her last phone was redmi note 5. She wants it as daily driver. Native call recording in os is must. 

S20 FE 5G then (5g model has Snapdragon chip instead of Exynos)
The phone might go on sale during Diwali, so keep an eye out

Edited by BRHeadHunter
  • Like 1