The Mobile Phone Thread

Chaztin

Got Vivo X60 a week back for 33k. Fantastic phone for the price, easily the best value along with IQ007. Very good camera, looks, screen, and overall build quality. Android skin (Funtouch OS) is also pretty clean with only few uninstallable apps as bloatware. Planning to keep this for 1.5-2 years and then buy a new one.

18 hours ago, silv3rgunn3r said:

Question for pixel 4a users

Is the sound quality  for calls on speaker mode sound tinny/ poor quality 

I use speaker mode for phone calls at office a lot...so I want to know....from what I see on Reddit ,people say the call audio on speaker mode sounds horrible

No issues whatsoever. I use speaker for calls a lot of times since I drive for 1 hour daily and have no bluetooth acessories.

3 hours ago, eddy4823 said:

No issues whatsoever. I use speaker for calls a lot of times since I drive for 1 hour daily and have no bluetooth acessories.

Ive seen complains on Reddit saying that it’s terrible…. I have an ear condition called tinnitus …it’ll hurt my ears if the sound is tinny :/ 

6 hours ago, Sach4life said:

Got Vivo X60 a week back for 33k. Fantastic phone for the price, easily the best value along with IQ007. Very good camera, looks, screen, and overall build quality. Android skin (Funtouch OS) is also pretty clean with only few uninstallable apps as bloatware. Planning to keep this for 1.5-2 years and then buy a new one.

Use ADB with your PC to remove bloatware

On 10/3/2021 at 8:09 PM, silv3rgunn3r said:

Question for pixel 4a users

Is the sound quality  for calls on speaker mode sound tinny/ poor quality 

I use speaker mode for phone calls at office a lot...so I want to know....from what I see on Reddit ,people say the call audio on speaker mode sounds horrible

22 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

It's not tiny. Rather harsh. But entirely workable. I used it today in speaker mode, no issues. 

You buying an affirmation from Pixel Salesman??

You have been warned :P

• Haha 2

Is it worth upgrading from XR to 12? I am a casual user with general browsing, email, office Apps usage - No special camera, Battery, video requirements. 

I've generally bought phones using corp card only until so bit hesitant to splurge my own money now :P. I am getting 12 in 38K after exchange. It was actually 34K few days back. 

On 10/8/2021 at 1:26 PM, Da Gabru said:

Is it worth upgrading from XR to 12? I am a casual user with general browsing, email, office Apps usage - No special camera, Battery, video requirements. 

I've generally bought phones using corp card only until so bit hesitant to splurge my own money now :P. I am getting 12 in 38K after exchange. It was actually 34K few days back. 

Not worth the upgrade if you don't have special camera, battery , video requirements. Those are usually the core reasons for anyone who switches phones.

I have been assigned by the company to choose a mobile phone for gifting to a client budget is 35-40k.
Oppo and Vivo is something my superior doesn't want so I am confused if I should gift one of these two - Samsung S20 FE or OnePlus 9
Any suggestions guys ? 

Why not the A52 5G? S20FE is great as well if 5G.

Why gift Chinese kachra?

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

Tell that to yourself when china collapses our economy, growth and self sustainability.

I am pretty sure the Samsung phone will be made in China.

Anyway, I think the OP 9 hasn't got good real world reviews so I am worried.

Specially because it is a client and I dont want him to end up with a bad phone. 

Also, isn't S20 FE 5G much better than the A series of Samsung ?

Anyone here using it and can share their experience ?

Edited by SuperT

I am pretty sure the Samsung phone will be made in China.
Anyway, I think the OP 9 hasn't got good real world reviews so I am worried.
Specially because it is a client and I dont want him to end up with a bad phone. 
Also, isn't S20 FE much better than the A series of Samsung ?
Anyone here using it and can share their experience ?
I am amazed how people don't understand the difference between made in china and a product of china that has to adhere to privacy laws of CCP.

You must know that all chinese products have to share user data with chinese government that is not the case with products manufactured in china like Samsung phones which have no obligation to share data with a curropt entity like CCP.

Jeez guys you are techies know this much.

• Like 1