The Mobile Phone Thread

Chaztin

1 minute ago, NitroNeo said:

I am amazed how people don't understand the difference between made in china and a product of china that has to adhere to privacy laws of CCP.

You must know that all chinese products have to share user data with chinese government that is not the case with products manufactured in china like Samsung phones which have no obligation to share data with a curropt entity like CCP.

Jeez guys you are techies know this much.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Honestly, the OP 7 Pro was a beast and a brilliant device they did go downhill from there. Don't want to start an anti-china argument/debate regarding privacy/patriotism etc. Pls. help with suggestions if any with the Samsung models if you have tried them ? 

I am pretty sure the Samsung phone will be made in China.
Anyway, I think the OP 9 hasn't got good real world reviews so I am worried.
Specially because it is a client and I dont want him to end up with a bad phone. 
Also, isn't S20 FE 5G much better than the A series of Samsung ?
Anyone here using it and can share their experience ?
I got a52 a few months back non 5g model. But the speakers are amazing. Screen is good. S20 FE might be better with screen and proc. With speakers though A52 is like a poket TV + audio system.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, SuperT said:

I have been assigned by the company to choose a mobile phone for gifting to a client budget is 35-40k.

Oppo and Vivo is something my superior doesn't want so I am confused if I should gift one of these two - Samsung S20 FE or OnePlus 9

Any suggestions guys ? 

Samsung s20 fe 5g

has the better chipset and battery life

• Thanks 1

Samsung s20 fe 5g
has the better chipset and battery life
Then that would be your frontrunner. Next check camera and screen. On some new samsung phones samsung has extended OS update support to 3 years instead of 2.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NitroNeo said:

Then that would be your frontrunner. Next check camera and screen. On some new samsung phones samsung has extended OS update support to 3 years instead of 2.

The screen on it from what I've heard is really good....can't say much about camera though ...not that aware of that aspect 

Edited by silv3rgunn3r

52 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

Problem is if it ever launches in India the price would be insane.

Sent from my KB2001 using Tapatalk

That's true for most phones.

But nothing said about Indian availability.

I don't know what to do now, my Pixel 2XL is hardly able to keep up nowadays.

1 hour ago, KunjanPSD said:

Pixel 6 : $599

Pixel 6 Pro : $899

Aggressive pricing.

Superb price, and absolutely killer camera features. Google’s AI is bonkers.

Would have bought in a heartbeat, but pretty sure they are not launching in India.

53 minutes ago, eddy4823 said:

@Bird Bird BirdAndroid 12 Update LIVE now for all eligible Pixel devices.

Thanks. Will check. :cheers:

28 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Superb price, and absolutely killer camera features. Google’s AI is bonkers.

Would have bought in a heartbeat, but pretty sure they are not launching in India.

Thanks. Will check. :cheers:

I am tempted to get it from US.

I know the warranty and the lack of support will be terrible but I just can't seem to daily any other phone.

32 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Good luck. It went oos everywhere. :blink:

Strange. Never seen that happen with mobiles. Google must have underpinned the demand.

Anyway, I'll wait till Dec before getting it, should be enough time for any major problems to surface.

That's true for most phones.
But nothing said about Indian availability.
I don't know what to do now, my Pixel 2XL is hardly able to keep up nowadays.
Not really, phones assembled in India attract far lower tax and in case google had an assembly line in India like Samsung/Apple they could have benifit from it.
Strange. Never seen that happen with mobiles. Google must have underpinned the demand.
Anyway, I'll wait till Dec before getting it, should be enough time for any major problems to surface.
Phones going out of stock is very common, xiaomi flash sales is what comes to mind first. And even google has faced this problem if you remember the opening sales of Nexus 4 and 5. They went out of stock immidiately.

Sent from my KB2001 using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

Errr.. Pixel 4a. OOS for the first month of launch. 

27 minutes ago, R3D_D3ViL said:

https://www.androidauthority.com/google-pixel-6-india-3042428/

Just an opinion piece but makes sense.  

So less written in so many words. Quite a useless article IMO, nothing new. 

Making alibis is easy, changing behavior is hard. If every company thinks like Google, there would be no IKEA or Amazon in India. Jiomart started after the success of these two, Big Basket recently started home deliveries. Apple eventually entered the market with a bang, took their time, but entered the market nevertheless. 

This is Google just taking the easy way out. Ofc, hardware isn't the most profitable segment for them, and thus they can bother not to care. But if they are unable to get that experience to such a vast country as us, it's signing their own death warrant. Pixel is never going to go head to head with the iPhones or Samsungs of the world. They have carved a niche, and they need to play to their strengths. 

P4a launched to a massive success for the company. Capturing the mindshare of such a large swath of population is necessary, the opportunity is ripe. They have 4a, 5a, 6, 6 Pro, covering the whole gamut of price range. Those looking for change are ready to ditch the core Chinese brands, and the only options left are Samsung or Apple. There is really no other competitor. 

1 hour ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

So less written in so many words. Quite a useless article IMO, nothing new. 

Making alibis is easy, changing behavior is hard. If every company thinks like Google, there would be no IKEA or Amazon in India. Jiomart started after the success of these two, Big Basket recently started home deliveries. Apple eventually entered the market with a bang, took their time, but entered the market nevertheless. 

This is Google just taking the easy way out. Ofc, hardware isn't the most profitable segment for them, and thus they can bother not to care. But if they are unable to get that experience to such a vast country as us, it's signing their own death warrant. Pixel is never going to go head to head with the iPhones or Samsungs of the world. They have carved a niche, and they need to play to their strengths. 

P4a launched to a massive success for the company. Capturing the mindshare of such a large swath of population is necessary, the opportunity is ripe. They have 4a, 5a, 6, 6 Pro, covering the whole gamut of price range. Those looking for change are ready to ditch the core Chinese brands, and the only options left are Samsung or Apple. There is really no other competitor. 

4a did really well in India and the launch price was aggressive as well. Same (infact 20 USD cheaper) price as US of A. I would love to see the A series to continue in India with 5A, 6A and so on.