The Mobile Phone Thread

Chaztin

1 minute ago, harsh1387 said:

Ultra is too big and S pen is useless for me. Interested in S22+. It's US pricing is 1000$ which translates to 75k. Let's see how much Samsung inflates it for India. They should have revealed India pricing too. 

Usually there pricing are par with Us prices, my guess will be it will retain same pricing as last year and will have cashback anyway so s h ould mimick US pricing

Edited by AtheK

gsmarena page confuses me. 

For S22 it says - "SIMSingle SIM (Nano-SIM) or Dual SIM (2 Nano-SIMs + eSIM, dual stand-by)"

So Does this mean, the Single SIM model wouldn't have the e-sim option at all? 

10 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

Just a pre-reg page, no price. 2k to pre-order and get a Samsung Tag + option for full refund later.

Lol, I don't think Samsung even wants to release phones here.

Its just a smart method to estimate demand before they import units. If the pre reg was free, a lot of people would have done it and later backed out. That is why Indian launch would be a bit delayed, most probably early March. Though I agree that US gets the best offers out there. They get good value on returning older model, always get crazy bundles ( this time looks like they are doubling up the storage for free for preorders so basically you pay for 128 and get 256 and pay for 256 and get 512gb model). I doubt any such offer will hit Indian markets. Best I can hope is discounted Buds 2 and maybe watch discount if they are being generous.

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Does Corporate website offer card discount as well? i.e. over and above the corporate discount.

I think it does. My friend purchased note 20 ultra via student discount and card discount was offered alongside student discount. Plus, he got accidental insurance for free and 8000 worth of store credit. 

@Apple users, are your recurring payments going through ? All my sub renewals on App Store are getting declined on Apple - ICICI, HDFC, Axis etc. 

I do have working recurring payments going to Google etc (and the cards work fine otherwise). Just the App Store subs are affected. 

18 minutes ago, LordSpymaster said:

I never used it yet, but the price I saw for the 21 series was about 5% less on average. 

As far as I know, Samsung employees get corporate discount throughout the year and they also get one coupon/year, which they can use for additional discount.

I am not sure about this though. Have a friend who works at Samsung, will check if I can get some decent discount.

Even then, 40k discount for Ultra seems like a stretch.

I don't like the S-pen, would have been more tempting if they kept S21U's body and bumped the specs.

Also S22/22+ don't have LTPO panel despite having 10-120hz range, so I am not sure how the battery will hold up. LTPO is only for Ultra which sucks.

3 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

As far as I know, Samsung employees get corporate discount throughout the year and they also get one coupon/year, which they can use for additional discount.

I am not sure about this though. Have a friend who works at Samsung, will check if I can get some decent discount.

Even then, 40k discount for Ultra seems like a stretch.

I don't like the S-pen, would have been more tempting if they kept S21U's body and bumped the specs.

Also S22/22+ don't have LTPO panel despite having 10-120hz range, so I am not sure how the battery will hold up. LTPO is only for Ultra which sucks.

Majority of that discount was due to my firm giving a reimbursement, only on samsung and apple though. The rest is the sale of my old 7T and some card offers I am keeping an eye out for. 

My last Samsung was the Note 2 back in the day. Never used the S Pen much but i had a good experience overall. Now I am interested again due to not having any other flagship option on Android and due to that camera module.

30 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

@Apple users, are your recurring payments going through ? All my sub renewals on App Store are getting declined on Apple - ICICI, HDFC, Axis etc. 

I do have working recurring payments going to Google etc (and the cards work fine otherwise). Just the App Store subs are affected. 

Yeah they aint going through. Got annoyed and just loaded up on apple credit 

2 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

I had put money in the apple credit right at the beginning because they did warn that there is a possibility payments through other channels might not go through. 

2 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

Samsung Employee?

If yes then do employees get a yearly coupon and what % of discount can be expected via it?

No not samsung employee, usually samsung employees get a little more discount then corporate offer. Also they get mailers with special deals.

Not sure about the yearly coupon part but can check with a friend who works for samsung, he never mentioned such thing though.