The Mobile Phone Thread

Chaztin

36 minutes ago, R3D_D3ViL said:

I had put money in the apple credit right at the beginning because they did warn that there is a possibility payments through other channels might not go through. 

Yeah, i remember that. 

Every other service has resolved it. Heck, Patreon was able to resolve it and keep the subs coming. 

Google and other recurring payments are going through. 

WTF Apple ! 

16 hours ago, BRHeadHunter said:

Let us know if you have any specific requirements and your use case. It will help factor down the choices.

It's for my mom. It just needs to perform basic things like phone calls, WhatsApp and YouTube smoothly. It'd be nice if the camera is good too. No other special requirements.

Edited by The Panda

31 minutes ago, The Panda said:

It's for my mom. It just needs to perform basic things like phone calls, WhatsApp and YouTube smoothly. It'd be nice if the camera is good too. No other special requirements.

A lot of phones releasing this month. Would suggest you to wait a bit

4 hours ago, dante77 said:

Sadly. All phones under 20k are shitty ad filled phones. See if you can get a moto phone. See G71 reviews. 

G71 went OOS while choosing the payment method. :( 

2 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

Maybe just wait till Nord CE 2 comes out. Feb 17th. Might be priced around 24-25k, base variant.

Need to get one before 15th. Will probably buy something offline tomorrow.

Thanks guys!

https://news.samsung.com/global/new-samsung-galaxy-s22-and-s22-plus-deliver-revolutionary-camera-experiences-day-and-night

Samsung has updated S22 and S22+ spec sheet to 48-120hz as compared to the advertised 10-120hz. We already knew that these two won't get LTPO panel.

If this is true then I am concerned about battery life plus already the premium price tag.

2 hours ago, dante77 said:

I don't think LTPO is that much necessary. 90-120 hz phones have good battery life. Maybe it is will be a necessity in future but for now, it's a gimmick for me. 

If at the end of the day, LTPO and non LTPO battery life is same. I don't see where LTPO helped. 

By that logic a 5-10% improvement in CPU performance is also not noticeable and probably not worth the effort to ship in a $1000 phone.

3 minutes ago, dante77 said:

Apple does the same. Look where it got them. We as consumers should be smarter!

And people speaking up about it on Twitter is doing exactly that. I would very much just get a cheaper phone rather than deal with false advertising.

Apple cohort is different. 

• Like 1

I've pre-booked the S22U. I hope I can fetch a decent price for my S21U - the US exchange rates have given a slight amount of hope. Any discount from HDFC/ICICI plus my organization's BYOM reimbursement should land me this phone for about 25-30k.

16 minutes ago, psinide said:

I've pre-booked the S22U. I hope I can fetch a decent price for my S21U - the US exchange rates have given a slight amount of hope. Any discount from HDFC/ICICI plus my organization's BYOM reimbursement should land me this phone for about 25-30k.

S22U is gonna launch somewhere around 1.1L, right? Prices aren't out yet.

12 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

S22U is gonna launch somewhere around 1.1L, right? Prices aren't out yet.

I'm assuming it will launch at the same price as S21U - 1.1L, but I'm looking at the 12GB/256GB version which I'm expecting to be about 1.2L