The Mobile Phone Thread

Chaztin

On 2/18/2022 at 8:51 PM, BRHeadHunter said:

Wait. I thought it's easier to root SD phones when compared to Exynos and Mediatek.

I have S9 which is exynos so I am able to root it however SD variant cannot rooted.

On 2/18/2022 at 10:34 PM, AtheK said:

Why would anyone want to root anyway in this day and age. Just disable the stupid apps that you can't uninstall.

I am still using my 4 year old S9 thanks to root. This has made my mobile was faster and smoother than original OS, I am running OneUI4 whereas S9 stopped receiving updates long back.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Root said:

Now I am debating between S21FE and S22. There is a difference of 18k or 200$

S22 has 3700 mAh battery and too pricey imo

S21 fe has 4500 mah & exynos 2100 processor in India and  is not as good as s22 in terms of processor, camera etc 

I also wanted s22 but I guess I'll have to settle for s21 fe or maybe s20fe

7 hours ago, Root said:

I have S9 which is exynos so I am able to root it however SD variant cannot rooted.

I am still using my 4 year old S9 thanks to root. This has made my mobile was faster and smoother than original OS, I am running OneUI4 whereas S9 stopped receiving updates long back.

Nice never knew that. I got the iPhone 12 last year during the sale to replace my S9. I still have the S9 with me sitting in the cupboard might take it out and try some stuff.

8 hours ago, Root said:

I used S9+ for so long without needing to root as a matter of fact my dad still uses it, all it needed was a battery change. Another huge drawback is once you root the phone, office emails do not work. That said, with the latest crop of phones the processor are soo good they would easily last you 3+ years without any significant drop of performance. The updates year on year are hardly much now, and do not necessarily need processing power bump.

On 2/19/2022 at 9:29 PM, KunjanPSD said:

Prebook S22U: Get Galaxy Watch 4 for 2999

Prebook S22/+: Get Buds 2 for 999

No word on card discounts yet. 

Not sure if there will be any card discount before March 11th.

There will be offers once pre-orders go up today. These offers are usually only visible at check out.

1 hour ago, psinide said:

There will be offers once pre-orders go up today. These offers are usually only visible at check out.

Yeah, I needed to buy a decent set of earphones for someone in the family so getting Buds 2 for 999 makes the deal better for me.

Just hoping for a decent 8-10k card discount/cashback.

22 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Yeah, I needed to buy a decent set of earphones for someone in the family so getting Buds 2 for 999 makes the deal better for me.

Just hoping for a decent 8-10k card discount/cashback.

One of hte local retailer from Pune informed my friend that the Samsung Upgrade Bonus of 8k and the No Interest EMIs cannot be clubbed, its an either/or offer. I'm hoping this is specific to Samsung finance and we should be able to still avail a n0% EMI through our CC. Once you receive the Interest as cashback after 90 days, you can always close off the balance which will add a bit more to the savings 

29 minutes ago, psinide said:

One of hte local retailer from Pune informed my friend that the Samsung Upgrade Bonus of 8k and the No Interest EMIs cannot be clubbed, its an either/or offer. I'm hoping this is specific to Samsung finance and we should be able to still avail a n0% EMI through our CC. Once you receive the Interest as cashback after 90 days, you can always close off the balance which will add a bit more to the savings 

I don't need the Upgrade Bonus, I think that is applicable only if you exchange your old device. My current device is in a state that will fetch me nothing.

Just the usual HDFC/ICICI card discount/cashback will work well for me. Obviously will close the loan once cashback is received. Should be a no interest one if there is an offer at all but I am not sure because they do generally display the offer well before the pre-orders start.

11 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

In other news, new page mentions that Buds 2 will be free with S22/22+ for today. Can't believe them a bit, lol.

Only if Pixel 5A was available in India.

Can you share the link? I'm not able to find this, there is also a 'special' pre-order bonus if you order is today by 11:59PM - I'm guessing this will be one of their cases based on what I got with my S21U and the Flip3

43 minutes ago, psinide said:

Can you share the link? I'm not able to find this, there is also a 'special' pre-order bonus if you order is today by 11:59PM - I'm guessing this will be one of their cases based on what I got with my S21U and the Flip3

https://news.samsung.com/in/samsung-announces-pre-book-for-flagship-galaxy-s22-series-on-its-live-commerce-platform-samsung-live-at-6-pm-february-22

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KunjanPSD said:

Well I myself am coming from a 1+ and will miss that warp charging thing. My issue is that I decided on the S22 line not based on choice but based on elimination of what I don't want or can't get. It is what it is since I'm sure I would get used to the slower charging than my current phone...