The Mobile Phone Thread

Chaztin

19 minutes ago, LordSpymaster said:

The HDFC offer is valid till Feb end. :thumbdown:

I have to wait for the corporate approval for the phone to come in, so may not be able to order for a few weeks. I'm hoping to get it done before March 10th at least so that I can get the watch at 3K... 

Yeah, that buds 2 offer doesn't seem as tempting now.

I have been using the apple watch for sometime now, before this I had the Watch 4 for few months before I had to switch to apple watch as I switched to iPhone. Except for few positives of apple watch just because of the ecosystem, I will firmly rate the watch 4 a better watch. It felt like a watch, had better battery life, looked great, and costed half of apple watch. It also almost pretty much does everything that apple watch does. I strongly recommend it.

Pity that Watch 4 did not work with apple, unlike previous ones because of android wear I guess.

Edited by AtheK

21 hours ago, AtheK said:

I used S9+ for so long without needing to root as a matter of fact my dad still uses it, all it needed was a battery change. Another huge drawback is once you root the phone, office emails do not work. That said, with the latest crop of phones the processor are soo good they would easily last you 3+ years without any significant drop of performance. The updates year on year are hardly much now, and do not necessarily need processing power bump.

You can use MagiskHide to hide root detection and office mails work. I am using Microsoft MDM and used google's too in past without any issues so far.

22 hours ago, kruzzo said:

Nice never knew that. I got the iPhone 12 last year during the sale to replace my S9. I still have the S9 with me sitting in the cupboard might take it out and try some stuff.

Try this you wont regret it.

https://www.xda-developers.com/samsung-galaxy-s9-note-9-one-ui-4-port-noble-rom-2-android-12/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Root said:

You can use MagiskHide to hide root detection and office mails work. I am using Microsoft MDM and used google's too in past without any issues so far.

Try this you wont regret it.

https://www.xda-developers.com/samsung-galaxy-s9-note-9-one-ui-4-port-noble-rom-2-android-12/

Thanks but i have no intention to root the phone, it gets it's job done and i don't know if my dad even cares. He anyway uses it as his secondary phone.

26 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

So S22 is more expensive than iPhone 13 :rofl:.

lolba, DOA, people will buy apple just for the brand value, and not to forget it is a better phone anyway :P They are giving galaxy buds free though and with 5K cash back, effective price might be considered as 60K

4 minutes ago, Root said:

Does it make sense to buy S22 from the US? For 799$ 256GB

In India 68k for 128GB (maybe additional 3-4k for exchanging S9)

Does Samsung provide international warranty?

I really doubt they do, as phones clearly say to be sold in India or any other county and you need to use the phone in that country for a little it to activate it.

Edited by AtheK

Is is just me or is there not much of a difference between the plus and ultra in terms of the camera? Stuff like this confuses the decision to get which phone :ko:

https://phandroid.com/2022/02/21/samsung-galaxy-s22-ultra-versus-galaxy-s22-camera-comparison-not-worth-the-upgrade/

1 hour ago, LordSpymaster said:

Is is just me or is there not much of a difference between the plus and ultra in terms of the camera? Stuff like this confuses the decision to get which phone :ko:

https://phandroid.com/2022/02/21/samsung-galaxy-s22-ultra-versus-galaxy-s22-camera-comparison-not-worth-the-upgrade/

From all the impressions I have been checking out, not much difference in camera.

Only battery backup, screen and S-pen.

18 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

But on Ultra you get free Buds 2 and Watch 4 for 3k and HDFC discount.

It might make sense then.

S22+ MIA.

The Buds 2 are not a guaranty with the S22U. Only a 'lucky few' will get a limited edition box for the S22U which will include the Buds 2. The Watch 4 is separate and I'm glad they included the 44mm. 

16 hours ago, AtheK said:

lolba, DOA, people will buy apple just for the brand value, and not to forget it is a better phone anyway :P They are giving galaxy buds free though and with 5K cash back, effective price might be considered as 60K

Pls ban yourself for baiting :P :P

11 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

Now available.

Only difference is that Buds 2 aren't free now but comes for 999.

These promos were never free - I got the Watch Active 2 with my S21U for 1999 last year. The year before I had the S20+ and got the Buds+ with them for 999. Only difference now is that you can order them with the phone. Previously, you had to activate the phone with the same number/email you made the purchase with and wait for 5 working days for the deal to show up on Samsung Shop app.

Disappointed with the overall offers, but I've banked 55k for my S21U + 5K HDFC Cashback + 35K reimbursement from my org = 95k banked.

On top of this, I don't have a HDFC CC and used the Mrs's card. If my plan works out, I'll get this phone for free and I will be 90k (55k + 35K) in the plus by the end of it

plotting season 12 GIF

PS - The Watch 4 offer is still available, seems like the exclusive 'offer' during yesterday's launch was a chance to get the Buds 2 for free with the pre-order.

Edited by psinide