The Mobile Phone Thread

Chaztin

26 minutes ago, Ram Dante said:

Galaxy S22 going for ~62k on Amazon. 

Good deal?

3700mah battery in the long run won't be good.

Fkin samsung, couldn't they have given 4500mah in the base variant. Would have been the perfect phone :/

8 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

@AtheKGrats ! What happened to the Pro Max ?

This is for wife bro, I am completely migrating to apple ecosystem, waiting for the MacBook Air 2022.

Edited by AtheK
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Sach4life said:

Review?

I used it just for little bit as this is for wife, it's very fluid and camera is very competent. Battery life seems to be holding good too, though she thinks it's a bit less then her last phone which was a Redmi K20 pro. Guess the phone is still settling down and should know better of battery life in next few days. Otherwise seems like a very polished phone, and a really good pick at the price point.

• Like 1

Does anyone have experience with Airtel's eSIM? I read the process but it seems quite straightforward. My concern is that the process mentions we shouldn't delete the eSIM profile from our phones once activated. 

So if someone does delete it by mistake, what's the resolution airtel gives? Anyone has experience? Maybe fellow android users can chime in here? 

1 hour ago, KunjanPSD said:

@LordSpymaster How is the Ultra working out for you? Worth it over 22+?

Keep in mind I come from the 7T

My god this phone is amazing. I am yet to test the cameras though. One UI is pretty good, compared to TouchWiz. Bixby routines have replaced Tasker for me. The screen is pretty good too. I am yet to find any complaints, though I'm sure I will find some eventually. One complaint though, the battery isn't lasting that long. I'm guessing a week or so of use should help it even out. 

On 3/12/2022 at 3:35 PM, LordSpymaster said:

Keep in mind I come from the 7T

My god this phone is amazing. I am yet to test the cameras though. One UI is pretty good, compared to TouchWiz. Bixby routines have replaced Tasker for me. The screen is pretty good too. I am yet to find any complaints, though I'm sure I will find some eventually. One complaint though, the battery isn't lasting that long. I'm guessing a week or so of use should help it even out. 

Keep me posted about the battery. That's important. Coming from Pixel 2 XL though, anything will be better than this.

Getting 22U for 83k (without any freebies) so I am thinking of getting that instead of of S22+.

But not sure yet.

Edited by KunjanPSD

6 hours ago, LordSpymaster said:

I'm using it a lot these days and I charge to 100% at around 8 AM or so. 25% by day end. So it's not that good tbh but I'm hoping it improves... 

That should be good enough for me. But then again, still not finding value at 83k because S22+ will cost me 63k. Will decide next week.

Edited by KunjanPSD

21 hours ago, LordSpymaster said:

I'm using it a lot these days and I charge to 100% at around 8 AM or so. 25% by day end. So it's not that good tbh but I'm hoping it improves... 

use the deepsleep option and data saver. Together they ensure the apps which you arent using, dont leak and access internet in background to give you ads and waste battery. It takes some effort and time to set those up for each app manually but once done, you will see remarkable improvement. I always do this on my every Samsung device soon after the first boot.

Yesterday when I went to watch Batman at CityWalk, Samsung store was next to it. Checked out all models. I simply loved Ultra, the camera is brilliant and as I have big hands it didnt looked out of place. Plus that burgandy color is beautiful. But, 1.10 for it just doesn't agress with me. S22 looked quite small for me. They didn't had S22+ in display so couldnt check it out.

Me and wife both are looking to replace phones but we are so habitual of our Samsung's we just don't want to venture any other brand. I am keeping my hope for a good A73 launch on 17th. Btw, S20 FE is such a steal at 35k. S21FE didnt looked like a major upgrade for 19k more. 

4 hours ago, harsh1387 said:

Yesterday when I went to watch Batman at CityWalk, Samsung store was next to it. Checked out all models. I simply loved Ultra, the camera is brilliant and as I have big hands it didnt looked out of place. Plus that burgandy color is beautiful. But, 1.10 for it just doesn't agress with me. S22 looked quite small for me. They didn't had S22+ in display so couldnt check it out.

Me and wife both are looking to replace phones but we are so habitual of our Samsung's we just don't want to venture any other brand. I am keeping my hope for a good A73 launch on 17th. Btw, S20 FE is such a steal at 35k. S21FE didnt looked like a major upgrade for 19k more. 

Pretty much everyone saying that about s20 Fe

Only good thing about s21 Fe is software support from Samsung for the upcoming years will obviously a litter longer than s20 fe.

S22U battery update:

So about 5 days in with the phone and I let it run the whole day yesterday on battery

Got it fully charged by 7 AM and took it off. Gave me 4hr SOT till 25% which is decent but not great by any means. So around 17 hours total till midnight. 

XDA says that as it learns it should get better, so I plan to see how it changes or improves over the next 2 weeks... 

Screenshot-20220317-000816-Device-care.j

3 hours ago, LordSpymaster said:

Nope, never. Have opted out myself from all marketing and customization services too. Maybe this person has turned on the customization option and that pushed the ads? 

He is saying that he made sure all the options were opted out during setup and even the customisations.