The Mobile Phone Thread

Chaztin

2 hours ago, Vamos said:

With SBI CC, you can get these for 5k. 

Absolutely insane deal. 

I bought these for almost 9k a few months ago. 

Cost me 5.3k with SBI CC. I wish I didn't buy Galaxy Buds Pro early this year, they sound amazing but the fit is horrendous. And it causes ear infections for some people.

https://www.xda-developers.com/galaxy-buds-pro-buds-2-cause-ear-infections-some-users

3 hours ago, Vamos said:

With SBI CC, you can get these for 5k. 

Absolutely insane deal. 

I bought these for almost 9k a few months ago. 

hows the experience? Especially the mic quality and in general pairing pains?

3 hours ago, WhatsInTheName said:

hows the experience? Especially the mic quality and in general pairing pains?

I use it with my iPhone and it pairs easily. 
After the initial setup, it connects instantly after opening the case. 

Mic quality is very good. 

This was surprising coz every review said that all the features would work only with Pixel/android phones. 
But things like ear detection (auto pause/play), tap controls work just as well on iOS. 

But the Pixel Buds app is only on android at the moment. 

So if you want to make any adjustments to bass/treble, you should pair it with any android phone and change them. 

Once changed, it works with the same settings everywhere. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, LordSpymaster said:

Some random plastic one (not Tempered) from Amazon, can find the link if you're interested. 

Please do share. How's it holding up?

I ordered Spigen tempered glass. Quite expensive and quite a few reviews complaining about poor fingerprint sensitivity. But had no other glass alternatives, and past experiences with film based ones have made me weary about ordering them.

51 minutes ago, Vamos said:

I use it with my iPhone and it pairs easily. 
After the initial setup, it connects instantly after opening the case. 

Mic quality is very good. 

This was surprising coz every review said that all the features would work only with Pixel/android phones. 
But things like ear detection (auto pause/play), tap controls work just as well on iOS. 

But the Pixel Buds app is only on android at the moment. 

So if you want to make any adjustments to bass/treble, you should pair it with any android phone and change them. 

Once changed, it works with the same settings everywhere. 

Thanks buddy. And the music? Even though, i understand its quite a personal preference.

2 minutes ago, WhatsInTheName said:

Thanks buddy. And the music? Even though, i understand its quite a personal preference.

I like them more than the Airpods 2nd gen.

Well balanced, vocals sound amazing. Not too heavy on bass. 

Mainly use them for workouts because of the fit. They never fall out of my ear, thanks to the wing tips. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Nikushimi said:

Please do share. How's it holding up?

I ordered Spigen tempered glass. Quite expensive and quite a few reviews complaining about poor fingerprint sensitivity. But had no other glass alternatives, and past experiences with film based ones have made me weary about ordering them.

You need to enable the fingerprint sensitivity option, somewhere in the settings. Helps with tempered glass. 

This is the one I bought:

AEIDESS Screen Protector... https://www.amazon.in/dp/B09V6YSNMZ?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

• Like 1

21 hours ago, dante77 said:

My comment is directed towards Apple. 

I think MKBHD is correct here. But peak or not. If Apple don't include new chip this year, their price hike won't be justified. I know their recent phones are also more or less the same thing with different name but at least on paper it provided some upgrade. This one the hand, shall be their lowest point if they decide to charge extra for the same thing. 

Why can't companies skip a year if they are not able to provide something new.

As per some leaks iPhone 14 and 14 max will stick with A15 chip and 14 pro and pro max will get the A16 chip. Imo it's quite an absurd decision if true. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, black_Scorpion said:

Is Samsung S20 FE 5G good purchase now? I am getting it for 28.5K after corporate discount?

It's one of the good android phones out there, decent battery, fantastic processor, competitive camera. 
Only downside is its close to 2 years old now, and there is probably just 1 more OS update left for it.

1 hour ago, Ram Dante said:

It's one of the good android phones out there, decent battery, fantastic processor, competitive camera. 
Only downside is its close to 2 years old now, and there is probably just 1 more OS update left for it.

It will still have 2 more years of security updates and I am not worried about OS update as my wife wont be bothered by it. Is there any other good phones between 25-30K?

2 hours ago, black_Scorpion said:

It will still have 2 more years of security updates and I am not worried about OS update as my wife wont be bothered by it. Is there any other good phones between 25-30K?

S20FE 5G has some heating issues and battery life will be average. A52S is the better option for better battery life and less heat. M53 is also good option at 25k. And finally Mi 11 Lite NE 5G and Realme 9 Pro Plus

Are you guys facing any issue with YouTube app on android? My videos keep getting sticked. At first I thought it was connection but then everything else is working fine. Then I check comment section in the app store and some other people are also complaining about the same issue. 

Not sure if it device specific though. Can anybody confirm? Happening since last 2 months AFAIK. 

2 hours ago, dante77 said:

Are you guys facing any issue with YouTube app on android? My videos keep getting sticked. At first I thought it was connection but then everything else is working fine. Then I check comment section in the app store and some other people are also complaining about the same issue. 

Not sure if it device specific though. Can anybody confirm? Happening since last 2 months AFAIK. 

Nope. No issues at all. And YT is one of my most used apps in any given day.

So, Google announced all these at I/O last night:

Meanwhile, Google India confirmed just one of the above devices (no points for guessing which one), and that too, with a "later this year" timeframe. Pretty sure the device will feel outdated by then. Not to mention, there's a possibility they might mess up the pricing for India, too.

So, no Pixel Watch, no Pixel Buds Pro, no Pixel 7 series, and I'm pretty sure no Pixel Tablet next year for India, as well.

-----------

Also, kinda underwhelmed by the 6a (which I was thinking of buying as my next phone). Old camera hardware (again) and the 60Hz display are the major downers for me. :(

21 minutes ago, VelivolusDas said:

So, Google announced all these at I/O last night:

Meanwhile, Google India confirmed just one of the above devices (no points for guessing which one), and that too, with a "later this year" timeframe. Pretty sure the device will feel outdated by then. Not to mention, there's a possibility they might mess up the pricing for India, too.

So, no Pixel Watch, no Pixel Buds Pro, no Pixel 7 series, and I'm pretty sure no Pixel Tablet next year for India, as well.

-----------

Also, kinda underwhelmed by the 6a (which I was thinking of buying as my next phone). Old camera hardware (again) and the 60Hz display are the major downers for me. :(

Sucks, but it’s their business decision at the end of the day. Their focus looks to be on Google Assistant, local language adaptations, services etc over devices in India. 
Apple has around 4% premium market share. There’s no way Pixel devices can manage that number without massive adverts, discounting, experience zones etc. Samsung, OP etc already have a much larger premium phone base in India. And they anyway use most Google services, so Google has no incentive to put money on selling their premium stuff to us. 
I’m also thinking about moving away from Pixel lineup next year as they are just too backward looking in India. A pity since the experience with even mediocre hardware is so good.