The Mobile Phone Thread

Chaztin

40k for a phone with the same Sony imx sensor as the previous pixels. I know image processing is Google's thing, but this is getting ridiculous. I'm glad I went with the S22U instead of waiting for Google to release their flagship pixel in India. 

4a was priced equally in India and Canada. 6a is 36k INR in Canada so should be the same in India. (even less with cards and discounts). 60 Hz is not a bad thing at all. If one can justify paying 30k for Pixel 4a (which was a huge hit in India), paying 36k for 6a isn't a bad deal imo. A better battery, Tensor chip, Ultrawide Camera is a good upgrade from Pixel 4a. Looking forward to it.

Pretty sure the 6a will be in the ₹35k to ₹40k bracket.

For that price, here are the list of cons:

- Same old Gorilla Glass 3 on the front

- Same old camera sensor (IMX383)

- 6GB RAM

- 60Hz display

If it launches at 40k, I think the Pixel 6 is a better buy (and I'm considering it seriously), which can be purchased for around 48k (currently, with a potential to drop in prices furthermore).

It's obviously better in all the aspects I've listed above and the fingerprint scanner issues are fixed to a certain extent with software updates (still slower than industry standard).

The only drawback is no official warranty. But when purchased with a bit of due diligence, I think it's fine. My wife's 4a (5G) is working perfectly fine.

2 hours ago, VelivolusDas said:

Pretty sure the 6a will be in the ₹35k to ₹40k bracket.

For that price, here are the list of cons:

- Same old Gorilla Glass 3 on the front

- Same old camera sensor (IMX383)

- 6GB RAM

- 60Hz display

If it launches at 40k, I think the Pixel 6 is a better buy (and I'm considering it seriously), which can be purchased for around 48k (currently, with a potential to drop in prices furthermore).

It's obviously better in all the aspects I've listed above and the fingerprint scanner issues are fixed to a certain extent with software updates (still slower than industry standard).

The only drawback is no official warranty. But when purchased with a bit of due diligence, I think it's fine. My wife's 4a (5G) is working perfectly fine.

I think Google will soon move away from 6/6 Pro, their bandwidth is clearly focused on 7 series given the disaster of a launch for 6 series, the issues were endless.

I don't find 6 a great buy. A slow fingerprint reader reduces every day use quality by a lot.

On 5/14/2022 at 1:47 PM, VelivolusDas said:

Pixel 6 is 42k approx on Amazon. (If you use Amazon ICICI Card) and I am seriously considering it too.

1 hour ago, mohit9206 said:

You will not get warranty so its a big risk. Better to buy something else

7 days replacement policy so I don't think it is an issue. I purchased Nexus 4 on eBay and had no issue. It's a risk but not a big one. Pixel anyways don't have a service center in India. they provide pick and drop facility which I don't know how reliable is.

15 hours ago, eddy4823 said:

7 days replacement policy so I don't think it is an issue. I purchased Nexus 4 on eBay and had no issue. It's a risk but not a big one. Pixel anyways don't have a service center in India. they provide pick and drop facility which I don't know how reliable is.

Eh ? Pixel does have tie up with B2X, who do pick up, drop off and limited repair services. I've used them twice, and they have been impressive. 

2 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Eh ? Pixel does have tie up with B2X, who do pick up, drop off and limited repair services. I've used them twice, and they have been impressive. 

That's good to hear. I am giving up the dream of Pixel 6 and will grab Pixel 6A since I would be able to claim GST on that.

Hiya, folks!

Any decent non-Chinese, non-Samsung android around 25K.

I am tired of Samsung's bloatware and ads. Thinking about purchasing stock android. Other than Nokia there seems to be no non-Chinese stock android phones.

Anyone here with experience with Nokia android phones. How's LG's UI. Is it as bad as Samsung's.

22 minutes ago, makdi_man said:

Well atleast I tried. :doh:

Any good Chinese stock android phone under 25K. 

Don't know specific models but Motorola( owned by Lenovo ) has stock android options

• Thanks 1