The Mobile Phone Thread

Chaztin

3 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

Don't know where else to ask this, but has anyone here bought from Apple.com? I wanted a macbook air with 16 GB of RAM but for any macbook purchase it says the lead time is almost a month ( 14 July ), does it really take that long? In retail you only get 8GB variants, apple.com only way to get 16GB RAM version.

Very common with 16gb variants since they are not in high demand in retail. Most 16gb MacBook SKUs in India have a lead time of 3-4 weeks minimum. Sometimes you’ll find them on Flipkart, but I don’t trust them. 
Apple ships MacBook via Blue Dart and their delivery times are pretty accurate. 

Bad experience from Flipkart. Placed order yesterday for phone with exchange. Original exchange value for phone was given to be 3250. Delivery guy came today and said i need to pay 3150 extra and then he will give me the phone. I said please cancel my exchange i will pay full 3250 extra , he said i can't cancel. He was not ready to give the phone without exchange. He left, I raised complaint, then flipkart cancelled my order and initiated refund. Def will not order from Flipkart again.
Btw we should have community feedback like Techenclave where members can share their experience with various online shopping and courier companies.

13 hours ago, mohit9206 said:

Bad experience from Flipkart. Placed order yesterday for phone with exchange. Original exchange value for phone was given to be 3250. Delivery guy came today and said i need to pay 3150 extra and then he will give me the phone. I said please cancel my exchange i will pay full 3250 extra , he said i can't cancel. He was not ready to give the phone without exchange. He left, I raised complaint, then flipkart cancelled my order and initiated refund. Def will not order from Flipkart again.
Btw we should have community feedback like Techenclave where members can share their experience with various online shopping and courier companies.

Flipkart exchange is notorious for being shitty and scamy. I only buy anything from Flipkart if it's not available on Amazon and offline and i need it urgently. 

7 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Do yourself a favour, go and buy something locally rather than ShitKart.

I did search offline but they didnt have the phones I want, some brands are online only. I wanted Motorola or Poco X4 Pro but the offline store either don't have it. I only asked in two stores. I will try more stores. I am looking to buy the new Moto G82 but it is Flipkart exclusive so hoping some store can arrange it for me without having to pay too much premium.

22 hours ago, mohit9206 said:

I did search offline but they didnt have the phones I want, some brands are online only. I wanted Motorola or Poco X4 Pro but the offline store either don't have it. I only asked in two stores. I will try more stores. I am looking to buy the new Moto G82 but it is Flipkart exclusive so hoping some store can arrange it for me without having to pay too much premium.

You can buy Mobiles from Flipkart as I have done in past with no issues.

Just keep in mind.

Don't ever opt for exchange.

Always make a video of unboxing the packet.

Any issues then post on all social media sites with proof. 

On 6/7/2022 at 2:19 PM, Bird Bird Bird said:

Congrats ! The display is brilliant - day and night difference with usual Android displays, specially when watching HDR content (Netflix etc). 

I use the 30W brick since it can fast charge both iPhone and iPad. 

Also, for Whatsapp transfer, I used Dr Fone. Works perfectly, but FOLLOW THE STEPS PRECISELY !

I wish I knew this a week ago. Bought the iPhone 13. 

8 hours ago, eddy4823 said:

I learned about Shortcuts only recently and it's amazing (for iPhones).
https://shortcutsgallery.com/

Have a shortcut for - msging someone on whatsapp without adding their number etc etc. 

Those looking for similar option to message someone on android, just type wa.me/+91mobilenumber in the google search bar and press search. Works like a charm. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/23/2022 at 8:30 PM, ZooZoo said:

Those looking for similar option to message someone on android, just type wa.me/+91mobilenumber in the google search bar and press search. Works like a charm. 

Or use Easy Message app from Play Store. 

On 6/23/2022 at 8:30 PM, ZooZoo said:

Yeah I used to do that while I was on Android. Apart from that, I need Wifi/BT toggle on home screen which isnt an option on iPhone. So had to use shortcuts for that.

On 6/9/2022 at 2:22 PM, KunjanPSD said:

Do yourself a favour, go and buy something locally rather than ShitKart.

On 6/10/2022 at 1:07 PM, harsh1387 said:

You can buy Mobiles from Flipkart as I have done in past with no issues.

Just keep in mind.

Don't ever opt for exchange.

Always make a video of unboxing the packet.

Any issues then post on all social media sites with proof. 

Oddly enough I never had any issues with FK. Bought Pixel 4a last year and it got delivered in a day with good packaging. Amazon on the other hand has become terrible lately. Ordered IPad last month and the packaging was horrendous. It felt like the box was already opened, all the manuals and charger were displaced. Seller was trusted Appario Retail, went through the pain of Amazon CC which has gotten even worse now.  The guy shrugged it off as an issue during courier transport. At least the product itself looked new and I checked if it was refurbished/already used on Apple support page but it was absolutely new and got activated the same day I received it. I also did multiple tests that were on a reddit thread and it passed all, so kept it. But yeah, I would be cautious next time ordering any big electronics gadgets from them.

They weren't always like this though. I bought iPhone X from same seller in 2018 and it was hassle free! 

20 hours ago, cyberpunk said:

Oddly enough I never had any issues with FK. Bought Pixel 4a last year and it got delivered in a day with good packaging. Amazon on the other hand has become terrible lately. Ordered IPad last month and the packaging was horrendous. It felt like the box was already opened, all the manuals and charger were displaced. Seller was trusted Appario Retail, went through the pain of Amazon CC which has gotten even worse now.  The guy shrugged it off as an issue during courier transport. At least the product itself looked new and I checked if it was refurbished/already used on Apple support page but it was absolutely new and got activated the same day I received it. I also did multiple tests that were on a reddit thread and it passed all, so kept it. But yeah, I would be cautious next time ordering any big electronics gadgets from them.

They weren't always like this though. I bought iPhone X from same seller in 2018 and it was hassle free! 

I believe experiencea vary from person to person. Personally I never had a bad experience with Flipkart but I know a few people who had. With Amazon last year I ordered a smartwatch for wife and received an empty case with only booklets. Forgot to make a video of unboxing so i had no proof. But the Amazon CC just issued a replacement without any hassle. So, maybe it depends how helpful the customer care representative is. Usually if I get a stupid uncooperative one i disconnect the call and try again to get another one. And i do this with every CC. 

Also, for big electronic item i prefer buying from places like Croma or Vijay sales. Usually price is similar and they are also running discounts all the time. Last year when we remodelled our kitchen we bought all the appliances from Vijay Sales. Less headache when you can see what you are buying and interacting with a human is another plus. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, harsh1387 said:

I believe experiencea vary from person to person. Personally I never had a bad experience with Flipkart but I know a few people who had. With Amazon last year I ordered a smartwatch for wife and received an empty case with only booklets. Forgot to make a video of unboxing so i had no proof. But the Amazon CC just issued a replacement without any hassle. So, maybe it depends how helpful the customer care representative is. Usually if I get a stupid uncooperative one i disconnect the call and try again to get another one. And i do this with every CC. 

Also, for big electronic item i prefer buying from places like Croma or Vijay sales. Usually price is similar and they are also running discounts all the time. Last year when we remodelled our kitchen we bought all the appliances from Vijay Sales. Less headache when you can see what you are buying and interacting with a human is another plus. 

Vijay Sales are really good for home appliances. Its good to see them putting up a good fight with all the big names like Croma/Reliance Digital etc. I always get the best discount at VS and also their staff knows the products unlike RD and Croma.