The Mobile Phone Thread

Chaztin

1 minute ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Well, while the system is old, even older Pixels use Google's epic AI rendering. If you see normal light photos, you won't find much difference between 6 vs older A series. 6 and above do better in low light, plus much much better video. 

I'm using a 4a, and my wife uses iPhone 13, and we took many pics during our recent vacation. From the main camera, 4a had equal or better keepers vs iPhone 13. Videos are a different beast though. Nothing beats the iPhone. 

If the images from the main shooter is within the same ballpark as flagship cameras, that should be good enough. Will have to make a purchase on the upcoming sale during the weekend. I'm inching towards the pixel.

I've never tried a pixel phone before, would be good to have a pixel phone to play with. Might be something I'd look to get into myself in the distant future if I end up liking the pixel experience. 

1 minute ago, Nikushimi said:

If the images from the main shooter is within the same ballpark as flagship cameras, that should be good enough. Will have to make a purchase on the upcoming sale during the weekend. I'm inching towards the pixel.

I've never tried a pixel phone before, would be good to have a pixel phone to play with. Might be something I'd look to get into myself in the distant future if I end up liking the pixel experience. 

Pixels are boring, neat phones, with no extra frills vs Moto or Samsung. But they work fine. Stock Android, Pixel launcher, great camera, excellent editing via Google Photos app, generally fast and fluid, timely updates. 

I like them. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, R3D_D3ViL said:

It is showing to be starting from ₹37999.

Edit: Maybe it takes into account the exchange and discount offers

They’re talking into account 4K axis card discount and 5% flipkart card cashback (2k). 

8 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

YED2CV9.png

f**king Flipkart. 16.5k for 4a, plus all these offers. 22k finally. Super tempted. 

I sold my 4a for 17.5k on olx. and 16.5k is the best you can get right now for 4a. Switch if you’re ok with 60hz. 

If I had the Flipkart Axis CC, I might have gone for it as well, I think. Getting the ₹16,250 discount for 4a, too which I think is a very good price for an almost 2-year-old phone, considering it was bought at ₹30k.

But the general reviews aren't too positive for the phone. I'm seriously considering getting the 6. Here's why:

- 90Hz vs 60Hz (this a major thing for me)

- Newer camera hardware vs Old (I know the photos will still look good, but in my head, if it looks the same as my current phone, then what's the point)

- Gorilla Glass Victus vs Gorilla Glass 3

- Wireless Charging on the 6

- 8GB RAM vs 6GB (minor point, I guess, but might be helpful in the long run)

- Fingerprint sensor seems to be equally slow on both. After the updates that the 6 has received, I'd say the speed is the same on both (from comparison videos).

For the same price as the 6a (₹44k), I think the 6 is a better value.

But yeah, for that price, @Bird Bird Bird, I think it's a no-contest.

23 minutes ago, VelivolusDas said:

If I had the Flipkart Axis CC, I might have gone for it as well, I think. Getting the ₹16,250 discount for 4a, too which I think is a very good price for an almost 2-year-old phone, considering it was bought at ₹30k.

But the general reviews aren't too positive for the phone. I'm seriously considering getting the 6. Here's why:

- 90Hz vs 60Hz (this a major thing for me)

- Newer camera hardware vs Old (I know the photos will still look good, but in my head, if it looks the same as my current phone, then what's the point)

- Gorilla Glass Victus vs Gorilla Glass 3

- Wireless Charging on the 6

- 8GB RAM vs 6GB (minor point, I guess, but might be helpful in the long run)

- Fingerprint sensor seems to be equally slow on both. After the updates that the 6 has received, I'd say the speed is the same on both (from comparison videos).

For the same price as the 6a (₹44k), I think the 6 is a better value.

But yeah, for that price, @Bird Bird Bird, I think it's a no-contest.

I agree. Except support for longer OS updates, it's not really an upgrade tbh. 

Maybe if I was still holding to P2XL, it was no brainer. But coming from 4a, i don't see a lot of value. 

8 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

I agree. Except support for longer OS updates, it's not really an upgrade tbh. 

Maybe if I was still holding to P2XL, it was no brainer. But coming from 4a, i don't see a lot of value. 

True. And that is my biggest gripe with how Google has approached the 6a. There's just not enough to warrant an upgrade from the 4a. Also, the lesser said about the official Indian pricing, the better.

2 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

That Mi is probably dropping more frames than Poonam Pandey's videos. 

Thats a very specific analogy doc

5 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Doesn’t matter if it’s smooth. My iPhone feels smoother at 60 hz than my Mi with 120 hz screen.

It does matter, keeping other things constant. Other options available at 40k stack up differently against Pixel 6a compared to mid range Mi phone against an iPhone. Just compare Xiaomi 12s ultra against an iPhone if you want a real comparison between the two companies

Edited by Sach4life