The Mobile Phone Thread

Chaztin

On 7/26/2022 at 3:07 PM, Root said:

Any recommendation on feature phone? I think I will need Spotify, whatsapp and hotspot options, which I doubt any feature phone will have else will have to buy individual devices for these purposes. 

I dont even spotify. Just get me whatsapp, gmail and chrome. I am done in that. I am always on phone. I really need a dumb phone. 

Edit:

Heard some horror stories about the Pixel 6 units sold by TECH-RETAIL, so I chickened out. Cancelled it and ordered from the seller deals of you. But that arrives on Wednesday. <_<

Oh well...

--------

Original Post:

Arriving today...

a5WGZF9.png

Edited by VelivolusDas
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, VelivolusDas said:

Edit:

Heard some horror stories about the Pixel 6 units sold by TECH-RETAIL, so I chickened out. Cancelled it and ordered from the seller deals of you. But that arrives on Wednesday. <_<

Oh well...

--------

Original Post:

Arriving today...

a5WGZF9.png

I see many complaints about open box/refurbished Pixel 6/Pro being sold on Amazon. The tensor chip isn't the best (as expected, rebranded Exynos), so do all the testing within exchange period to avoid further hassles. No warranty anyway. 

14 hours ago, Nikushimi said:

It's sad really. For a while Flipkart were genuine competetors to Amazon. As things stand now, Amazon will have monopoly over the etailer space and that is never going to be good for consumers. 

Yeah. For the initial decade or so, their support was excellent. It just fell down a cliff, went from extremely good to extremely bad in months. 

Btw, Apple users - how do you change the default maps on iPhone ? Specially for WhatsApp or other apps (force them to use GMaps over Apple maps) ?

Apple maps is useless for India. SMH. 

2 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

I see many complaints about open box/refurbished Pixel 6/Pro being sold on Amazon. The tensor chip isn't the best (as expected, rebranded Exynos), so do all the testing within exchange period to avoid further hassles. No warranty anyway. 

Yep. Will do! From all the research I've done so far, the ones sold by deals of you have the least issues. So, that's the seller that I went for finally.

BTW, for anyone wondering, this is the video that made me change my mind and cancel the order with the previous seller.

Check the comments, and he says that even he returned the one sent by TECH-RETAIL and went for deals of you.

Edit: For context, the Pixel 4a (5G) that my wife uses was ordered from the seller deals of you, too. I got that for her in September 2021 and there have been literally zero issues so far. So, crossing my fingers and expecting the same from this purchase, too.

Edited by VelivolusDas
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Dude, you shouldn't be forced to install TikTok in the first place. It's a f**king forced install. That's shitty. 

It's not really forced. They have T&Cs for a set of phones below a certain threshold of price. 

What's really shitty is that they don't make this public. Same thing as Xiaomi.

For upper end phones, those t&cs aren't present.

Forget about Camera. They removed Alert Slider!!!!!!! 

This is not a 0/10 phone. This is a  -5/10. Alert slider was the only shame they have left. 

Pretty sure they are gonna put bloatware in their phones in future too along with lots of ads. Then it will be a perfect crap -10/10 :)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

It's not really forced. They have T&Cs for a set of phones below a certain threshold of price. 

What's really shitty is that they don't make this public. Same thing as Xiaomi.

For upper end phones, those t&cs aren't present.

Errrr... it is forced. You cant complete the setup without installing TT. There is no choice. Do they have the T&Cs upfront on the box before you buy a phone ? If Xiaomi is doing it, doesn't make it right automatically, eh ?

I mean, how does that benefit them? TikTok pays Samsung for the installs? And what about India, then? Since you know, TikTok is banned here?

Scummy move nonetheless. It absolutely doesn't make sense. Even if it's a cheap phone, Samsung shouldn't have to 'recover' costs in this way.