The Mobile Phone Thread

Chaztin

2 hours ago, VelivolusDas said:

I mean, how does that benefit them? TikTok pays Samsung for the installs? And what about India, then? Since you know, TikTok is banned here?

Scummy move nonetheless. It absolutely doesn't make sense. Even if it's a cheap phone, Samsung shouldn't have to 'recover' costs in this way.

I mean, it is Samsung's phone, they can recover it however they want.

Deal is simple. Get a reduced price upfront but live with the nuisance.

Same way you can get with/without ads kindle for different prices.

5 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Errrr... it is forced. You cant complete the setup without installing TT. There is no choice. Do they have the T&Cs upfront on the box before you buy a phone ? If Xiaomi is doing it, doesn't make it right automatically, eh ?

I am not saying what they are doing is right. Xiaomi is a sh*t company itself.

Main problem is that this is not mentioned on the box but only in the T&C booklets which no one reads and also mentioned in the T&C during setup. They need to make this public so anyone who is buying a device knows what they are getting into. For me, I hope Govt. bans this.

Edited by KunjanPSD

Anyone know of an in-stock "dumb phone" that supports whatsapp at the least?

As in those "feature phones" the kind with a keypad and all, I need to give in my mom's S10 Lite for servicing because the screen has gone bad, so need a backup phone, just need to support nano sims, 4G and have whatsapp, I've searched through many nokia ones but none of them have whatsapp, those that did aren't in stock.

• 2 weeks later...

WTF is Google doing ? Mostly just taking away useful features. No more clipboard sync on Join. Universal sync stopped working with A12. 

Root and other deep folder access blocked. 

Just become more restrictive every gen. 

The new AoD on iPhone 14 Pro OTOH looks super cool, and iOS has been opening up compared to previous versions. 

BTW, stable 13 available:

zhbNPuw.png

Edited by Bird Bird Bird

39 minutes ago, cyberpunk said:

Cool will update to 13 once I get it on my 4a! One more thing, did Apple block card payments altogether? I wanted to get Apple One on my iPad and it only shows Netbanking. :doh:

All the Card auto debit options are disabled due to new RBI Guidlines. Netflix is another example where you have to use UPI or Netbanking to continue using their services. 

1 hour ago, cyberpunk said:

Cool will update to 13 once I get it on my 4a! One more thing, did Apple block card payments altogether? I wanted to get Apple One on my iPad and it only shows Netbanking. :doh:

It's surprisingly very smooth. Super smooth. 

5 hours ago, eddy4823 said:

All the Card auto debit options are disabled due to new RBI Guidlines. Netflix is another example where you have to use UPI or Netbanking to continue using their services. 

My e-mandates on Debit cards do fine on Netflix, YouTube Premium and Spotify.

Try creating e-mandates.

Thinking of buying Samsung A33 5G soon. The reviews are great particularly regarding  5nm Octa-core processor, low light snaps, 60fps video capture, 90hzpk-feature-better-shots-with-ai-image-en Oled screen and OIS. Value for money, imo.

Also, there will be free upgrades of Android for five years. This is a rarity. 

On 8/17/2022 at 7:13 PM, VelivolusDas said:

Man, Android 13 feels just ever so slightly snappier and smoother. Enough to make a difference in day-to-day use. Loving it!

Been 11 days since I updated. It has given a new life to 4a. Super smooth, super stable. All the smaller nitpicks are gone. Very refined, unlike Google. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Legacy Gamer said:

Thinking of buying Samsung A33 5G soon. The reviews are great particularly regarding  5nm Octa-core processor, low light snaps, 60fps video capture, 90hzpk-feature-better-shots-with-ai-image-en Oled screen and OIS. Value for money, imo.

Also, there will be free upgrades of Android for five years. This is a rarity. 

Stock Android or Samsung's OS?