The Mobile Phone Thread

Chaztin

Just now, AtheK said:

Dude if you don’t have watch it will continue to be on, how is it unfinished.

if I have my watch on it unlocks my mac and apple, if I don’t then I just do it manually.

it’s the ecosystem, which they are building, and it just works.

I agree, and it basically means we are co dependent on the ecosystem vs using tools we might want in the future. That's the reason why I'm inherently staying away from iPhone and Macs so far, even though they're super tempting. 

Also, Google Maps and Assistant and Lens integration is just flawless on Pixels (plus camera, a 6a gives 13PM run for its money for stills). 

2 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Yeah. Wouldn't take long to develop in Android world, and will be more interactive and customizable. 

Tossed between Pixel 6a vs i14 PM as a new phone. GA and lens integration in Pixels is really pulling me towards P6a, but can get relatively cheap 14PM from abroad soon. 

Get Ip if you plan to invest in ecosystem, if you are just looking at it as stand alone phone I would rather advise android.

Just now, AtheK said:

Get Ip if you plan to invest in ecosystem, if you are just looking at it as stand alone phone I would rather advise android.

My AW misses unlocking my work iPhone very often. I'll have it on wrist, look at the phone with mask on, and it'll still prompt me for the pin. Often enough that it seems half baked. 

1 minute ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

I agree, and it basically means we are co dependent on the ecosystem vs using tools we might want in the future. That's the reason why I'm inherently staying away from iPhone and Macs so far, even though they're super tempting. 

Also, Google Maps and Assistant and Lens integration is just flawless on Pixels (plus camera, a 6a gives 13PM run for its money for stills). 

Ya, as units posted above invest in iPhone if you eventually want to invest in ecosystem, I always wanted to do it so I bought the iPhone or else I would have probably settled with Samsung ultra.

15 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Yeah. Wouldn't take long to develop in Android world, and will be more interactive and customizable. 

Tossed between Pixel 6a vs i14 PM as a new phone. GA and lens integration in Pixels is really pulling me towards P6a, but can get relatively cheap 14PM from abroad soon. 

6A should cost 27-30k in the upcoming sale. Between 6A and 14 PM, ofcourse 6A is more VFM.

4 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

My AW misses unlocking my work iPhone very often. I'll have it on wrist, look at the phone with mask on, and it'll still prompt me for the pin. Often enough that it seems half baked. 

My iPhone almost always unlocks even if I have a mask on, heck even if I am wearing light coloured sun glasses. iPhone’s Face ID is unparalleled. Family member have Samsung and they are mostly struggling. Never had an AW so don’t know about that but the Face ID is *chef’s kiss*

Edited by SuperT

7 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

34146170.jpg

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Man. Super tempted. Some features are exclusive to Tensor chips and the pricing is great. 

Add in some exchange discount, and this becomes all the more sweet. 

Who has 6a on IVG ? Any real life reviews ?

Yep it is really tempting. But my 4a got new life after the Android 13 update lol.

15 hours ago, harsh1387 said:

Really impressive new phones from Motorola. Especially the Edge fusion which can be had for 36k after discounts. It blows the pixel 6a out judging from the initial reviews. Really liked the overall design and that new beige color. 

Anecdotal, but a few relatives had terrible issues within months with the new Moto phones. I love their clean skin and design, but long term ownership is still a bit messy. Next best to Pixels for clean Android though. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Anecdotal, but a few relatives had terrible issues within months with the new Moto phones. I love their clean skin and design, but long term ownership is still a bit messy. Next best to Pixels for clean Android though. 

If it is anything worth putting the Edge 30 has been running flawlessly till now.

• Like 1

Cracks in the matrix

You need to redo all your widgets if you change the wallpaper ? Wut ? 

And depth effect doesn't work with widgets on ? Wut again ? 

Edit: Seems they f**ked up the Books app as well. GG Apple. 

Edited by Bird Bird Bird

6 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Asus zenfone lineup is great too for clean Android

58 minutes ago, Shantz said:

Asus zenfone lineup is great too for clean Android

Yeah, but they launch late, if at all. I like the ZenP9, but it’s not launching in India anytime soon, right ?

Anyway, Mkbhd is not a fan on Apple’s AoD. Gotta make news. 

Edit: The review is still pretty great. Consistently putting great stuff. 

Edited by Bird Bird Bird