The Mobile Phone Thread

Chaztin

On 9/16/2022 at 6:37 PM, rushab oswal said:

M33 5G or MOTO G52 For dad. Whats better? Dont want oppo, vivo or realme or xiaomi.

Samsung M33 5G is a far better phone than Moto G52. It's a rare phone with a 5/5 star rating at GSM arena. 

Not available in my area. If I get a hand on it, I would have bought it.

Edited by Legacy Gamer

1 hour ago, 0verlord said:

I don’t think the transfer speed is shown anywhere but here’s how you do it. Just using the native Files app and basic FTP server

Oh, I've used this. Again, can't go over 8 MBps real tranfer speed (can see with a speed monitor on Windows). 

Even USB 2.0 transfers faster. :lol:

54 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Oh, I've used this. Again, can't go over 8 MBps real tranfer speed (can see with a speed monitor on Windows). 

Altough this never bothered me as i dont have such files , but this is crap. Spending so much money on the top specs and not able to have fast transfer is just BS.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rushab oswal said:

Altough this never bothered me as i dont have such files , but this is crap. Spending so much money on the top specs and not able to have fast transfer is just BS.

Apparently even the M1 iPads having Thunderbolt ports have difficulty with high speed file transfers. 

This is quite the insanity on Apple's part, ofcourse trying to push iCloud. 

Tried iOS 16 on wife's phone. The lock screen depth effect is pretty cool tbh. 

Edited by Bird Bird Bird
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

That last video was incomplete. Check 1st 5 minutes of this video because there’s a ton of settings which need to be changed on windows - did you do all these steps?

also, when I try to connect wired, the connection is very unreliable. Wireless connections through apps are also very unreliable for transferring large files above 1gb, connection breaks. But this below method is very reliable 

also, another problem is that wireless transfer through apps lead to smaller file sizes on computer, so I am uncertain if original files are transferred 

Edited by 0verlord

1 hour ago, 0verlord said:

That last video was incomplete. Check 1st 5 minutes of this video because there’s a ton of settings which need to be changed on windows - did you do all these steps?

also, when I try to connect wired, the connection is very unreliable. Wireless connections through apps are also very unreliable for transferring large files above 1gb, connection breaks. But this below method is very reliable 

also, another problem is that wireless transfer through apps lead to smaller file sizes on computer, so I am uncertain if original files are transferred 

My issue is not access, it's the speed. 

This is the reason I never go for overpriced Apple products. 

Samsung, HP, Dell and even the Chinese brands offer better value products. 

I have HP Envy laptop, Real Me 9 Pro+ smartphone, and Samsung Note 10.1 tablet that cost me half the price of the Apple ecosystem. 

Remember you are making a 2 trillion dollar value company richer and yourself poorer when you buy Apple products.

Edited by Legacy Gamer

Which is a good phone currently for 30-35k range?

Looking at the

S21FE(but Exynos is maybe worrying). Around 33k.

S20FE(currently use it and overall a good phone but lack of updates could be an issue?). Getting it for 26k.

OnePlus 10R (Mediatek again and heard new OS is sh*t). Around 35k 

Any phones I'm missing? I need it for my parents so usage is very basic and I guess the main requirements will be a smooth UI, decent camera and a decent display.

45 minutes ago, Lazyboy8134 said:

Looking at the

S20FE(currently use it and overall a good phone but lack of updates could be an issue?). Getting it for 26k.

Any phones I'm missing? I need it for my parents so usage is very basic and I guess the main requirements will be a smooth UI, decent camera and a decent display.

S21 FE is the best option. Samsung UI is fluid and updates are timely plus a great camera set up. 

Realme Gt 2 pro at 33k with Snapdragon 8Gen 1 is also a great option. One plus 10R isn't a good phone so forget it. 

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Lazyboy8134 said:

Looking at the

Would pick between Pixel 6a/Edge 30 Ultra/Fusion or iPhone 12. Everything else will get outdated fast. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, harsh1387 said:

Nothing and pixel 6A both had issues with updates making phone buggy so before buying one should check out the current status. 

From my low number of friends who do have P6a, A13 seems to have sorted out most issues (except heating during gaming). 

1 hour ago, AtheK said:

Nothing phone?

How are the reviews of the phone and any idea about the camera? It says coming soon on Flipkart. But looks interesting. Although, will it have service centres?

1 hour ago, Ram Dante said:

Pixel 6a?  iPhone 12? (38-39k)

I'm worried about lack of service centres for pixel 6a and it has a 60Hz screen correct? And I read that the CPU also overheats similar to Exynos. Always loved a pixel though!

How does the 12 still hold up, being 2 years old? Battery?

1 hour ago, harsh1387 said:

S21 FE is the best option. Samsung UI is fluid and updates are timely plus a great camera set up. 

Realme Gt 2 pro at 33k with Snapdragon 8Gen 1 is also a great option. One plus 10R isn't a good phone so forget it. 

I'm just worried about the Exynos 2100 processor with S21FE. Heard that long term isn't the best and throttles and overheats. Wish we had the SD version!

I've never used Realme phones but after Xiaomi, I'm apprehensive about its UI and camera. How's the camera?

1 hour ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Would pick between Pixel 6a/Edge 30 Ultra/Fusion or iPhone 12. Everything else will get outdated fast. 

How are the Moto phones doing? Ultra might be a bit out of budget and honestly overkill but I was looking at Fusion. It has the SD778 right? 

Thanks a lot guys for the swift response! :)

I have just bought myself a RealMe 9 Pro Plus phone and believe me it's performance is Uber smooth. It has a snappy Dimensity 920 processor that far exceeds the performance of Snapdragon and Exynos phones.

My bro has a S20 Fe and I have compared the camera of the two to be equally good in low light conditions. The battery also drains slowly even with Wifi, location, and Bluetooth on while browsing.

I think it is the best value phone that competes with flagship models.

If Wireless charging and Wifi 6 is not a big consideration, I suggest you go with this phone. 

Edited by Legacy Gamer

12 hours ago, Lazyboy8134 said:

How are the reviews of the phone and any idea about the camera? It says coming soon on Flipkart. But looks interesting. Although, will it have service centres?

I'm worried about lack of service centres for pixel 6a and it has a 60Hz screen correct? And I read that the CPU also overheats similar to Exynos. Always loved a pixel though!

How does the 12 still hold up, being 2 years old? Battery?

I'm just worried about the Exynos 2100 processor with S21FE. Heard that long term isn't the best and throttles and overheats. Wish we had the SD version!

I've never used Realme phones but after Xiaomi, I'm apprehensive about its UI and camera. How's the camera?

Thanks a lot guys for the swift response! :)

I have the s21fe Exynos version since 5 months. I don't game but I've seen no heating issues till date. Exynos too is as well optimised as SD.

Battery life is decent if you tweak the settings a bit. I get 7 hours sot with more than 1.5 days on 60hz mode and just slightly more than a day in 120hz mode.