The Mobile Phone Thread

Chaztin

1 hour ago, SuperT said:

In the second screenshot was the phone charged in between ? I don't know if I am reading it right ?

It looks like. News on both sides - reporting both high and low drain with AoD. 

I think the bigger issue is rattlegate. OIS systems getting bricked when used in 3rd party apps like Snapchat, Insta etc. Not all Pros, but quite a bit. Apple is releasing an update next week, but it's to be seen if the damage is HW related or not. 

1 hour ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

It looks like. News on both sides - reporting both high and low drain with AoD. 

I think the bigger issue is rattlegate. OIS systems getting bricked when used in 3rd party apps like Snapchat, Insta etc. Not all Pros, but quite a bit. Apple is releasing an update next week, but it's to be seen if the damage is HW related or not. 

I think an update should be able to iron out the issues. I dont think they would release something which has HW issues. 

So basically that guy on twitter was trying to create an issue out of nothing and basically fooling people ? Typical twitter. 

51 minutes ago, SuperT said:

I think an update should be able to iron out the issues. I dont think they would release something which has HW issues. 

So basically that guy on twitter was trying to create an issue out of nothing and basically fooling people ? Typical twitter. 

Let's see. I'm itching for an iPhone 14 Pro, but brain says Pixel 6a. 

6 minutes ago, rushab oswal said:

Pixel 7? Its coming to india and the pixel 7 pro too. Source - Flipkart Official Banner on the app.

Oh My God Wow GIF

Had no idea since I only open FK app during BBD. :fear1:

Edit: 

So pricing over 99999 ? 

Edited by Bird Bird Bird

Is iPhone 12 still a good buy for next 3-4 years? 

Apparently will be available for under 40k in coming sale.

Android is too confusing as every phone has some setback in a way.

S21FE was good if not for the Exynos. 

A73 also was decent but not sure if it's worth 40k and at that point s21fe is probably a better buy.

S20FE will only give one more year of update, which although might not affect my parents but still, don't want it struggling with outdated software few years down.

OnePlus isn't the same anymore from what I've read so I guess better to stay away from that.

I liked the moto edge 30 as well but how is Motorola in terms of support down the line? They also have edge 30 fusion coming up.

I haven't used Realme but after MI, apprehensive about its UI.

I liked the Pixel 6a as well but with the 60Hz display and after sale service, not sure. Although, how is it's CPU compared to the Exynos 2100 and SD of other competitors mentioned?

As I said, just want the phone to do the basic tasks fine and somehow feels like iPhone is the only one left.

Edit: What is the expected price range of the pixel 7?

Edited by Lazyboy8134

iPhone 12 though relevant, you are better off going with 13 with putting a bit more, usually it does 50 markpoint during sale.

Wife been using moto for sometime no complaint, phone is very well built, never needed support till now, not sure how that will pan out.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Dynamic Island vs Notch

Side by side, the DI is clearly an improvement. 

Brother Just called me from US, he was at an apple store and they had one 14 Pro Max 256 GB available, he asked me if i want it. I said yes, then he said it is golden color, I said No. I just saved myself 1500$

Edited by AtheK
  • Haha 5