The Mobile Phone Thread

Chaztin

Pixel 7, coming officially to India... :O

I feel like a bit of a fool now, buying the 6 (although I got it at a decent enough price) without any official warranty and all.

Please, oh pretty please, price it right, Google.

If it's priced well enough, I might just get the 7 or the 7 Pro for myself, and upgrade my wife's 4a 5G to the 7, at least.

18 minutes ago, VelivolusDas said:

Pixel 7, coming officially to India... :O

I feel like a bit of a fool now, buying the 6 (although I got it at a decent enough price) without any official warranty and all.

Please, oh pretty please, price it right, Google.

If it's priced well enough, I might just get the 7 or the 7 Pro for myself, and upgrade my wife's 4a 5G to the 7, at least.

There is no way it'll go less than 70-80k for Pixel 7, and 90-100k for 7 Pro. 

6a was launched at 40k+ !

Remember 2XL pricing ? ;)

54 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

So 60k and 90k likely. Hope exchange offers for old Pixels carry decent value. 

Also, as with ALL Pixels, better to wait for a couple of months to buy. Google drops prices quickly. 

Edited by Bird Bird Bird

1 minute ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

So 60k and 90k likely. Hope exchange offers for old Pixels carry decent value. 

Also, as with ALL Pixels, better to wait for a couple of months to buy. Google drops prices quickly. 

Yeah, I will trade in my S22+ for it if exchange value is solid.

Hopefully, when the offers are good as well.

Although, there are some great features which Samsung offers which stock Android just doesn't have. Not to the mention the service support, B2X sucks.

11 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Use them twice, didn't return my phone for 20 days each time and didn't give loaner devices. Might have changed now.

I used them for P2XL, last in 2019. No idea how things are now tbf. 

3 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

I used them for P2XL, last in 2019. No idea how things are now tbf. 

That's exactly when I used them and for P2XL only. Burned-in screen at first (3 days) and then faulty battery.

Actually, used it in Dec 2017 and then Q1 2019.

Edited by KunjanPSD

33 minutes ago, AtheK said:

HAWT!!

https://rog.asus.com/phones/rog-phone-6-batman-edition-model/

Expensive but one of the best Limited editions I have seen!

I want an RRR themed phone. 

Edit: That icon theming is yuck. They did not even make new icons, all the usual contenders have a circle around them. :thumbdown:

The best SEs are via Oppo. 

MrWhoseTheBoss did a video on limited edition phones. 

Edited by Bird Bird Bird

7 hours ago, AtheK said:

WTF Samsung, this is super serious!

I saw this last evening. I mean it happens to phones that are just two years old as per the video. Major red flag and now Samsung is trending on twitter because of this video, they better come up with some kind of response but even then the damage is done. 

1 hour ago, SuperT said:

I saw this last evening. I mean it happens to phones that are just two years old as per the video. Major red flag and now Samsung is trending on twitter because of this video, they better come up with some kind of response but even then the damage is done. 

They sat on the issue too long, and I guess Arun did give them enough time to respond. Kudos to him for putting up this video though, even after knowing what repercussions this might bring for him.

I anyway genuinely like his reviews.

1 hour ago, AtheK said:

They sat on the issue too long, and I guess Arun did give them enough time to respond. Kudos to him for putting up this video though, even after knowing what repercussions this might bring for him.

I anyway genuinely like his reviews.

Yeah pretty gutsy of him. His video editing and production is next level. Even though he is biased sometimes the editing is always on point with some humor in the mix. But he can say bye bye to his free review units from Samsung.

Edited by SuperT
  • Thanks 1

Although I fully expect there to be QC issue with Samsung especially given their history, I currently have S2/3/4/5/6/10 stored in my old tech/junk drawer. And I just checked thoroughly, none of them has any swelling.

It seems like they used different factories or different OEMs for the same parts.

13 minutes ago, SuperT said:

Yeah pretty gutsy of him. His video editing and production is next level. Even though he is biased sometimes the editing is always on point with some humor in the mix. But he can say bye bye to his free review units from Samsung.

Samsung will shoot themselves in foot by doing that, he will make proper noise about it, and other manufacturers will anyway keep sending him review units now, probably asking him to focus on battery stability.

Samsung has got everything to lose here now, and i am sure he earns way too much now that he can easily afford to buy a samsung phone and do the review, or a sponsor will send it to him just like hoe jerry gets it. 

• Like 2