The Mobile Phone Thread

Chaztin

12 minutes ago, SuperT said:

Anyone uses the Magsafe charger for iPhone here ? Planning to get one for the 13. How fast is it and does it have heating issues ? Is it a good deal for Rs. 3700 ? 

https://www.tatacliq.com/apple-magsafe-mhxh3zm-a-15w-qi-wireless-charger-white/p-mp000000008218345

I have used one. Orignal and third party.

Orginal its fast but not as fast as wired. and yes the phone does heat up, but bearable. not "TAVA" Level heat. Unless necessary i would say avoid and use cable.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, SuperT said:

Anyone uses the Magsafe charger for iPhone here ? Planning to get one for the 13. How fast is it and does it have heating issues ? Is it a good deal for Rs. 3700 ? 

https://www.tatacliq.com/apple-magsafe-mhxh3zm-a-15w-qi-wireless-charger-white/p-mp000000008218345

I use it regularly, it is pretty good, does not heat up and stikcs very nicely. It is decent enough in charging speeds, I usually place my phone in the night and sleep it out.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, rushab oswal said:

I have used one. Orignal and third party.

Orginal its fast but not as fast as wired. and yes the phone does heat up, but bearable. not "TAVA" Level heat. Unless necessary i would say avoid and use cable.

Should mention my device is 12mini hence might be heating up* larger phones may not have that issue.

13 minutes ago, AtheK said:

I use it regularly, it is pretty good, does not heat up and stikcs very nicely. It is decent enough in charging speeds, I usually place my phone in the night and sleep it out.

Thanks man! Do I need a magsafe case for the magnets to work ? Or does it work with normal cases ? 

11 minutes ago, rushab oswal said:

Should mention my device is 12mini hence might be heating up* larger phones may not have that issue.

Thanks for the input man!

45 minutes ago, AtheK said:

Samsung will shoot themselves in foot by doing that, he will make proper noise about it, and other manufacturers will anyway keep sending him review units now, probably asking him to focus on battery stability.

Samsung has got everything to lose here now, and i am sure he earns way too much now that he can easily afford to buy a samsung phone and do the review, or a sponsor will send it to him just like hoe jerry gets it. 

Ye, he's too big to be affected by this.

5 minutes ago, SuperT said:

Thanks man! Do I need a magsafe case for the magnets to work ? Or does it work with normal cases ? 

Normal case works but the magnetic pull looses a bit of strength. you pick up the phone and it comes out ( I use ringke onyx)
With magsafe the magnets are stronger.

But no case affects the charging speeds. Also plenty third party cases with magnets.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, SuperT said:

It works with normal cases also, but the connection is very loose and does not stick too firmly

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, harsh1387 said:

AFAIK wireless charging isn't recommended by most tech reviewers especially for iphones as it heats the phone more and iPhone battery can't take heat and degrades faster. Wired charging is better and safer for battery.

And majority of these tech reviewers read this off Wifipedia and haven't really used a single phone long enough to see effects of wireless charging over a long term.

The likes of MKBHD explain a tech like they know the internals but all they have done, is to read the brochure.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, harsh1387 said:

AFAIK wireless charging isn't recommended by most tech reviewers especially for iphones as it heats the phone more and iPhone battery can't take heat and degrades faster. Wired charging is better and safer for battery.

I highly doubt that, i have been using it for 10 months now without any issue,

4 minutes ago, rushab oswal said:

WTF??
I used wired charging and am at 81% 
But i charge my phone thrice a day so maybe thats why.

side effect of small phones is having smaller battery.

ya probably because thrice a day, mine gets charged just once a day.

• Like 1