The Mobile Phone Thread

Chaztin

1 hour ago, cyberpunk said:

Anyone here got an iPhone from Flipkart recently? They have the open box in front of customer thing that Amazon doesn't and their delivery date is faster too. Thinking to pull the plug on iPhone 13.  Seller is TrueComRetail. :fear:

Ya.

But Flipkart cheaps didn't mention open box delivery so had to request the delivery guy to do it still.. do make sure to make a video of it.

Anyone here got an iPhone from Flipkart recently? They have the open box in front of customer thing that Amazon doesn't and their delivery date is faster too. Thinking to pull the plug on iPhone 13.  Seller is TrueComRetail. :fear:

Hit and miss. OBD eventually resides with the last mile delivery. Many complaints on Twitter for them refusing delivery if asked for OBD. 

My brother did, was delivered today. Open box was done as well.

• Like 2

Here are some samples from the Pixel 7 Pro showcasing the new Super Res Zoom. Provided by Google.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/SoV1s7EU6c7APbLw8

My take: Crazy, if you ask me. I always thought Samsung has got upto 10x zoom quite well and anything beyond that is unnecessary/unusable. Feels like Google is now saying, "Hold My Beer."

3 hours ago, VelivolusDas said:

Here are some samples from the Pixel 7 Pro showcasing the new Super Res Zoom. Provided by Google.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/SoV1s7EU6c7APbLw8

My take: Crazy, if you ask me. I always thought Samsung has got upto 10x zoom quite well and anything beyond that is unnecessary/unusable. Feels like Google is now saying, "Hold My Beer."

Hopefully, price can come sub-70k, then I will exchange my S22+ and get the Pro.

iPhone users, how's the experience with night mode ? I just can't take any usable photos of kids during low light. Micro movements also get registered. Practically useless unless you're shooting a still object. And can't elicit the night mode manually ! 

Even the old Pixel 4a was mighty better in this regards. Disappointed at Apple. Any tips ?

47 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

iPhone users, how's the experience with night mode ? I just can't take any usable photos of kids during low light. Micro movements also get registered. Practically useless unless you're shooting a still object. And can't elicit the night mode manually ! 

Even the old Pixel 4a was mighty better in this regards. Disappointed at Apple. Any tips ?

The night mode is detected automatically on iphone. There is no manual toggle.

Have you tried adjusting the night mode slider and checked the results?

13 hours ago, R3D_D3ViL said:

The night mode is detected automatically on iphone. There is no manual toggle.

Have you tried adjusting the night mode slider and checked the results?

How do I get the slider ? I swear the camera UI is driving me crazy. Subbed to Halide just to have better control over clicks. 
Is there any way to force night mode ?

BTW, Remini is awesome. I was feeling FOMO after looking at Pixel 7s' face unblur, but Remini can do the same magic.  Short clip of my daughter's before after unblur below. 

https://imgur.com/a/Tdl0hiV

4 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

How do I get the slider ? I swear the camera UI is driving me crazy. Subbed to Halide just to have better control over clicks. 
Is there any way to force night mode ?

BTW, Remini is awesome. I was feeling FOMO after looking at Pixel 7s' face unblur, but Remini can do the same magic.  Short clip of my daughter's before after unblur below. 

https://imgur.com/a/Tdl0hiV

Click on the night mode icon on the top left. Looks like a half moon thing. You will see the slider on the bottom. The slider basically adjusts the exposure time. 

There is no way to force the night mode per se. It detects night mode on its own. Sometimes it will suggest instead of turning on by itself, in that case the night mode logo will be greyed. You have to click it to enable. 

Halide is a better app especially for making use of the ProRaw and the 48 mp lens with jpeg formats. 

Edited by R3D_D3ViL
  • Thanks 1