The Mobile Phone Thread

Chaztin

Yeah, just read those. Don't think it'll be as big an issue as some of the previous year's Pixel hardware-related issues, but let's see...

Should be fixable by software, no?

BTW, the Pixel 7 (Snow) was in stock for some time in the afternoon today. Almost pulled the trigger (for my wife). :fear:

Tyler makes some valid points. Also, if you don't know much about him, in terms of photography, he knows his stuff! Just check some of his other videos...

The iPhone is still the overall camera champ, IMO! But, after so many years, the Pixel seems to have upped it's "video" game. ;)

Also, in terms of the value, especially in India, the Pixel is way better.

6 hours ago, VelivolusDas said:

Also, if you don't know much about him, in terms of photography, he knows his stuff! Just check some of his other videos...

Yeah, even MKBHD refers him for detailed phone camera reviews

Pixel’s 10x zoom pics being better than 5x is weird ?

Moved from Pixel 4a to iPhone 13, honestly surprised how much I'm liking the device so far. Indoors the photos come out better than it did on my Pixel and I got used to gestures within a day. It's just super snappy and everything looks good especially streaming apps.

Is there any easier way to transfer Whatsapp chats to iPhone though? :fear:

5 hours ago, cyberpunk said:

Moved from Pixel 4a to iPhone 13, honestly surprised how much I'm liking the device so far. Indoors the photos come out better than it did on my Pixel and I got used to gestures within a day. It's just super snappy and everything looks good especially streaming apps.

When you switch on the phone first time there is an option to move all data via Move to ios app. Just see a clip on you tube how to do it. I too got the IPhone 13 last month and transferred everything including WhatsApp chats via this method. 

11 hours ago, cyberpunk said:

Move to iOS when you set up or use Dr Fone/Mobiletrans/Wutsapper (last one doesn't need PC). 

I used the latter as didn't use move to iOS when setting up the idevice. Works surprisingly well. Just make sure your 4a is charged to max before starting the data transfer. Took about 15-20 mins for around 4 GB of transfer. 

7 hours ago, harsh1387 said:

When you switch on the phone first time there is an option to move all data via Move to ios app. Just see a clip on you tube how to do it. I too got the IPhone 13 last month and transferred everything including WhatsApp chats via this method. 

Is there a similar app/way for Android?

Ordered a Pixel today morning and cancelled it by evening. Felt like its not a massive upgrade over S22 U and I would be loosing far too many features for a little night photography gain. 

On 10/15/2022 at 1:25 PM, Bird Bird Bird said:

Apple's UI navigation is weird tbh. Google's swipe anywhere to go back is superior 

I whole heartedly agree to this. The behaviour is so inconsistent. 
It works on most screens, but in others I'm just swiping 2x3 times uselessly, before tapping the back button at the very top (which is hard to reach single-handed)

4 hours ago, Ram Dante said:

I whole heartedly agree to this. The behaviour is so inconsistent. 
It works on most screens, but in others I'm just swiping 2x3 times uselessly, before tapping the back button at the very top (which is hard to reach single-handed)

Yup.

This is an annoyance with iPhone.