The Mobile Phone Thread

Chaztin

8 hours ago, Shantz said:

That article is misleading. Click on the link that mentions which carriers support family setup in India (There are none). So, while you can setup a watch itself under family setup, the cellular function wouldn't work  which is the main draw for this so kids can be contacted/tracked etc. Otherwise the watch is severly limited in this mode so there's no advantage.

Yeah you are right. So strange the family setup has no indian carriers. Wonder what’s stopping them. 

7 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Nowadays the good cases take a few months to yellow. Most have anti yellow coating.

More than yellowing, i was more irked by the dust and fingerprints showing up all over. 

I bought a Spigen Mag armor magfit last week. The case is surprisingly slim and has a nice texture throughout. 

56 minutes ago, R3D_D3ViL said:

More than yellowing, i was more irked by the dust and fingerprints showing up all over. 

I bought a Spigen Mag armor magfit last week. The case is surprisingly slim and has a nice texture throughout. 

I’ve the non MagSafe Spigen clear case, and it doesn’t show fingerprints. Dust, yeah. But don’t wanna plaster a coloured case over that purple colour phone. :fear1:

11 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Also, how’s the battery life holding up ? 16.0.3 and 16.1, both are giving me relatively worse battery than 16.0. 

I have my phone since last friday, so assuming it is still learning. But yeah the battery drain is noticeable. Turned off the AOD though.

Edited by R3D_D3ViL

2 hours ago, R3D_D3ViL said:

I have my phone since last friday, so assuming it is still learning. But yeah the battery drain is noticeable. Turned off the AOD though.

I don’t mind Apple’s implementation of AoD, but the brightness is just too high in areas with external light (tube light etc). There should be a way to limit maximum brightness of AoD. 

17 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

I don’t mind Apple’s implementation of AoD, but the brightness is just too high in areas with external light (tube light etc). There should be a way to limit maximum brightness of AoD. 

Or maybe just have the text with other little info and do away with the wallpaper thing all together like others do. Battery issues apart ,even at minimum brightness (on a darker wallpaper) it is distracting in a dark room. 

2 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Also, how’s the battery life holding up ? 16.0.3 and 16.1, both are giving me relatively worse battery than 16.0. 

It was bad for me the first week, probably due to the learning phase. It's pretty good right now. I have AoD on, but don't play any games but do a lot of browsing/twitter etc on it. I haven't had to worry about charging it so far. I charge it to 100 around 7-8AM in the day and it's around 20s-40s the next day when i reach charging time. Screen acctive time during this duration is generally 7-10 hours. This was on 16.0.3. 16.1 has been there for only a little while but haven't noticed any dip.

1 hour ago, R3D_D3ViL said:

Or maybe just have the text with other little info and do away with the wallpaper thing all together like others do. Battery issues apart ,even at minimum brightness (on a darker wallpaper) it is distracting in a dark room. 

I use a custom focus to dim wallpaper, so thats not distracting tbh. But even the text turns so bright under normal room lights. It’s pretty crazy. Lol. 

1 hour ago, Shantz said:

It was bad for me the first week, probably due to the learning phase. It's pretty good right now. I have AoD on, but don't play any games but do a lot of browsing/twitter etc on it. I haven't had to worry about charging it so far. I charge it to 100 around 7-8AM in the day and it's around 20s-40s the next day when i reach charging time. Screen acctive time during this duration is generally 7-10 hours. This was on 16.0.3. 16.1 has been there for only a little while but haven't noticed any dip.

For me, it lasts from 100 to 10 for about 18 hours or so. I do use Apollo, Twitter, Chrome a lot. Not many games so far. But OOB it was on 16, and 16.0.3 and 16.1 decreased battery visibly. 
SoT is difficult to capture since ios battery reporting is a joke. 

Edited by Bird Bird Bird

28 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

How many bucks that Apple will market the "revolutionary", "fastest", "sturdiest" and the most "elegant" connector to be integrated in a device ever?

1 hour ago, KunjanPSD said:

How many bucks that Apple will market the "revolutionary", "fastest", "sturdiest" and the most "elegant" connector to be integrated in a device ever?

Apple is a total turd when listening to customers, Tim Cook has largely rode the success wave of what Jobs built. Hardly any new products or any thing ground breaking.

If there iPads and Macbook Air have USB C charger what is so speacial about this shitty lightning port. I still maintain if not for the ecosystem I will never ever buy an iPhone as a stand alone phone, android is overall much better.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, R1shabh said:

What do you guys recommend in range of 25K'ish in Android (no Samsung) with Camera being the top most feature? Wifey doesn't want Apple/Samsung for some reason :loco:

I believe your wife is way smarter than most people. Apple, Google, and Samsung flagship phones are overpriced and packed with features we don't really need. I think it is better to buy a more value-for-money phone and invest the money saved. Buying an overpriced phone is not a smart move. In fact it is down right foolish. 

Be smart with your money anf get your wife a Realme 9 Pro Plus 5G... price starts from ₹24,999. 

I have recently bought this phone and the performance is super fluid. Moreover, the camera quality esp. in low light conditions is similar to the more expensive Galaxy S21 FE. 

The phone is also free from intrusive ads which is the case with iTel and Infinix phones.

Other value for money phones with good camera include Realme Narzo 50 Pro 5G and Pocco X4 Pro.

Btw, I have the purchasing power to buy a phone that cost 10 times the price of this budget phone. But I think it is better to make yourself rich by being smart with your money than make those billion or trillion dollar companies even richer.

Edited by Legacy Gamer
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, cyberpunk said:

Still on iOS 15.7 and I charge my phone every 2 days lol. But hearing 16.1 is pretty stable, so might update soon.

Battery life is way better now.

5 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

15.x has better battery, man. My work phone is stuck on iOS 15, and the battery is pretty awesome tbh. 

Was referring compared to 16.0 and 16.01