The Mobile Phone Thread

Chaztin

21 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

And here is le me with Pro Max. 9 am to 5 pm, 100 to 20. 5G is a battery killer. 

om9m8AC.png

you running beta?

5G officially is still not launched.

1 hour ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

No. Stable. In Bangkok at the moment. 5G works here on stable. 

why are you worried about iPhone battery in Bangkok, keep your other battery chargerd and keep using it :P

forrest GIF

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, silv3rgunn3r said:

I got 5g connectivity on Airtel while travelling past majestic area in Bangalore.

100mbps. A bit Underwhelming :P

KV46f9n.jpeg

Apple has still not launched the 5G compataible software for India, tried it on Andorid sometime back it was just ok

Edited by AtheK

11 minutes ago, silv3rgunn3r said:

I got 5g connectivity on Airtel while travelling past majestic area in Bangalore.

100mbps. A bit Underwhelming :P

KV46f9n.jpeg

Proper launch should bring better speeds. 

Getting these in Bangkok right now

b3bbKuG.jpg

• Sad 1

Received fake AirPods Pro 2nd gen from Amazon's own seller Appario Retail. It was such a cheap copy of the first gen, yet everything else in the box from manuals etc was same as the original one. Luckily I had made an unboxing video that day and had multiple proofs as my iPhone 13 showed it to be a fake device too. The first few calls to customer support, they weren't accepting it saying "Sir, it's still an AirPod."  :doh: I raised my voice and said I'll upload the unboxing video to Twitter and stop purchasing from Amazon altogether. Finally they connected my calls to higher management and that guy was very understanding. He said to wait 3 days so that they can investigate on the issue. They finally accepted the return and gave me an option for refund, to which I agreed.

But yeah, never buying Apple products or any other electronics from them again.

11 minutes ago, cyberpunk said:

Received fake AirPods Pro 2nd gen from Amazon's own seller Appario Retail. It was such a cheap copy of the first gen, yet everything else in the box from manuals etc was same as the original one. Luckily I had made an unboxing video that day and had multiple proofs as my iPhone 13 showed it to be a fake device too. The first few calls to customer support, they weren't accepting it saying "Sir, it's still an AirPod."  :doh: I raised my voice and said I'll upload the unboxing video to Twitter and stop purchasing from Amazon altogether. Finally they connected my calls to higher management and that guy was very understanding. He said to wait 3 days so that they can investigate on the issue. They finally accepted the return and gave me an option for refund, to which I agreed.

Unfortunately, all too common due to inventory commingling. 

If the product is popular, can be faked, and has high margins, the likelihood of getting a fake is as good as getting an original, specially for things for Airpods, Nike, Air Jordans, perfumes etc. Never buy these from online only stores like Amazon or Flipkart unless you want to get into a fighting match with them. 

Stick to offline retailers like Croma, Reliance etc. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, cyberpunk said:

iPhone only recently added an option to show the error "fake airpods". The one which you got costs 1000-2000 rs in Delhi and is the closest thing to an original I have ever seen.

They have even started using genuine airpods serial numbers so that is no longer a sureshot way of confirming. Avoid buying off olx, it is filled with fake ones. One thing that they have not copied properly it the sticker on the side of box, on original it is a split sticker in two parts and on fake ones it is a single big sticker.

3 minutes ago, ZooZoo said:

They have even started using genuine airpods serial numbers so that is no longer a sureshot way of confirming. Avoid buying off olx, it is filled with fake ones. One thing that they have not copied properly it the sticker on the side of box, on original it is a split sticker in two parts and on fake ones it is a single big sticker.

akshay-kumar.gif

6 minutes ago, AtheK said:

akshay-kumar.gif

dsc09349-rf.jpg

Okay so they have started doing cuts in fake one too but it is still relatively a big sticker that they paste and make some cuts. Easily spottable if you know how real ones look like

12 hours ago, eddy4823 said:

iPhone only recently added an option to show the error "fake airpods". The one which you got costs 1000-2000 rs in Delhi and is the closest thing to an original I have ever seen.

I'm glad they added that feature in iOS 16. There are lot of posts on reddit about people finally realizing they were sold the fake ones earlier. In my case, the box and packing was of AirPods Pro 2nd gen but everything inside were fake, exactly the same as in this video. 

12 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Unfortunately, all too common due to inventory commingling. 

If the product is popular, can be faked, and has high margins, the likelihood of getting a fake is as good as getting an original, specially for things for Airpods, Nike, Air Jordans, perfumes etc. Never buy these from online only stores like Amazon or Flipkart unless you want to get into a fighting match with them. 

Stick to offline retailers like Croma, Reliance etc. 

Yeah with both Amazon and Flipkart exploiting their return policies lately, it's better to stick with brick and mortar stores for electronics. 

Edited by cyberpunk

Hijacking this thread to just sing praises about how awesome the Airpod Pros are. Coming from WF1000XM3s, the ANC is better, but the transparency mode is just insane. Outside sounds are just natural. No feeling of artificial boost, just talk naturally. 

I don't feel any major loss of AQ between ANC and transparency mode (except base), which is pretty insane as well. 

The ANC is much improved over 1000XMs, and I love the classy transition between the two modes. So smooth, no abruptness. 

Only gripe is similar to WFs, I can't find a seal in my ear without hurting after 40-45 mins. Need to keep on adjusting. M ear tips are fine, L cause too much pain, S is too small. 

Pleasantly surprised. 

Edited by Bird Bird Bird