The Mobile Phone Thread

Chaztin

3 hours ago, Sach4life said:

This is not the first foldable. Foldables have been selling in the mainstream for some time now. Treating this as a concept isn't really correct. 

But how's the experience ? I tried demo units of Fold and Flips, and they just feel so gimmicky after 5 mins. The screen feels cheap, the crease feels sh*t, the phones are THICC AF. 

Samsung really needs competition in this section, and Pixel seems to be a good POC device to bring something new. As with everything Google, they need a couple of years to tweak it. 

27 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

But how's the experience ? I tried demo units of Fold and Flips, and they just feel so gimmicky after 5 mins. The screen feels cheap, the crease feels sh*t, the phones are THICC AF. 

Samsung really needs competition in this section, and Pixel seems to be a good POC device to bring something new. As with everything Google, they need a couple of years to tweak it. 

Samsung's ones are okish. The crease is too visible for my liking. However, purely from a hardware point of view, Oppo ones are awesome. 

1 hour ago, KunjanPSD said:

That doesn't hold true when a new company is putting up new money to introduce a new contender.

I guess it holds true what Bird said. Google needs couple of iterations to make something competitive. Just look at the their first smartwatch..

3 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

A shoutout to Apollo (for Reddit) on iOS. With the new hashtag functionality for bookmarks/saved posts on Reddit, it is almost indispendable at this point. 

Such a great app ! 

+1 for Apollo. App is regularly updated. 

How are Oppo phones? I am looking for a 5G android phone. Preference is a phone that has flat sides and curved corners. Tired of this curvey back and pipe like sides design. Seems like only Oppo Reno phones are like that.

On 2/2/2023 at 4:41 PM, Big Boss said:

How are Oppo phones? I am looking for a 5G android phone. Preference is a phone that has flat sides and curved corners. Tired of this curvey back and pipe like sides design. Seems like only Oppo Reno phones are like that.

Ended up getting Nothing phone 1 because of the boxy design. Pretty good so far.

• Like 1