The Mobile Phone Thread

Chaztin

2 hours ago, Sach4life said:

My wife might. Not decided yet, either S23 or Pixel 7 Pro

1 hour ago, TRMNTR said:

Nice! I pre-ordered the Ultra. Upgrading from Note 20 Ultra.

Bhaiyon...

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2023/02/the-samsung-galaxy-s23s-bloated-android-build-somehow-uses-60gb-of-storage/

And this is without A/B partition system of other Android phones now. :rofl:

F. 

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

Running Note 9 here still :scarerun:

Except for the battery, still a great phone!

25 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Bhaiyon...

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2023/02/the-samsung-galaxy-s23s-bloated-android-build-somehow-uses-60gb-of-storage/

F. 

F. Never change, bloatsung!

3 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Bhaiyon...

F. 

Wow. And I thought 15 gb on my phone was bad. What is the use of A/B partition though?

1 hour ago, Big Boss said:

Wow. And I thought 15 gb on my phone was bad. What is the use of A/B partition though?

Stores another copy of current OS. So when you update, partition B is updated while your phone is running like normal from partition A. During the next update, A gets updated while phone is running on B. 

Essentially you never have to shut down the phone while updating, plus there's a backup in case the OS gets corrupted. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Stores another copy of current OS. So when you update, partition B is updated while your phone is running like normal from partition A. During the next update, A gets updated while phone is running on B. 

Essentially you never have to shut down the phone while updating, plus there's a backup in case the OS gets corrupted. 

Got it. Yes earlier update used to happen when phone was restarted.

4 hours ago, cyberpunk said:

If only they still used Oxygen OS. But it's good to see they are slowly getting back, their phones were great till the 7T series.

4 hours ago, VelivolusDas said:

Yep. There's praises all around for OnePlus again. Never thought I'd see that again.

Sus AF. What did they change from the 10 to 11 for all those praises?

1 hour ago, TRMNTR said:

Not sure what it cost internationally but it still costs the same in India, right?

Not sure lol. I don't even look at phones above 40k. 30k is my sweet spot with exception of iPhone X which I regret till now.

6 hours ago, cyberpunk said:

But it's good to see they are slowly getting back, their phones were great till the 7T series.

Yep using 7T. Bought in 2020, still runs like it does on day 1 except maybe battery. Great stuff still.

Edited by dylanjosh

what is the best phone doing the rounds at 30K, need to pick one for wife, she drops and breaks phones all the time, so I don't want to spend a fortune on the phone. Biggest ask is that camera should be good and selfie camera should be even better :P

This redmi note 12 pro looks nice, last i got her a redmi K20 Pro and it has served well.

Edited by AtheK

2 hours ago, AtheK said:

oh ya forgot about it, let me read up some reviews, how is the real life review if some one using it here.

how is the camera?

It won MKBHD's blind camera comparison against phones costing 6x the price. So....

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

It won MKBHD's blind camera comparison against phones costing 6x the price. So....

Battery seems to be an issue along with heating issues, camera did win but it is an age old sensor. Display seems to be very mediocre as well with missing 120 hz. Don’t think I will go with this, Let me do a bit more research, need to buy something tomorrow.

44 minutes ago, AtheK said:

Battery seems to be an issue along with heating issues, camera did win but it is an age old sensor. Display seems to be very mediocre as well with missing 120 hz. Don’t think I will go with this, Let me do a bit more research, need to buy something tomorrow.

Old but possibly the most optimised sensor on any phone so far. As with any phone, optimisation matters more than the hardware. 

Rest, yup. Battery seems to be an issue. 60hz. 

Go for P7P bhai. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Old but possibly the most optimised sensor on any phone so far. As with any phone, optimisation matters more than the hardware. 

Rest, yup. Battery seems to be an issue. 60hz. 

Go for P7P bhai. 

Bhai Ek week main screen tod ke haath main se degi or else would have got her pixel 7 os S23

• Haha 1