The Mobile Phone Thread

Chaztin

BTW is mediatek processor good or snapdragon 615 is good? I need a phone which is very fast & snappy. Gaming is ok for a while but wont play much game. Will also need sd card if possible. I saw snapdragon 820 with 3gb ram for 300$. Is there any phone available in india with the same specs?

BTW my budget is 12k

Edited by djanuj

Mediatek is meh.

Also massive lol at Auxus brand. Stop even looking at such crap. If you had to resort to legal threats for legit warranty, why are you thinking about going for it again?

I know. They did fix my phone later on and gave me full warranty. But not without wasting my time. However I read that p8000 is a really good phone. And only Auxus is selling it rebranded with warranty. So was thinking of that. Else how is Mi Note 3 32gb?

I chose few phones which fitted my budget.

LeEco 1s

Mi Note 3

Lenovo Note k4

Moto G

Meizu MX3

One Plus x

One plus one

Which phone with snapdragon processor should I go? Any suggestions with the budget of max 11k - 12k

Edited by djanuj

Bought the LG G5. Let's see how it goes. Expected delivery date is by 26th July.

The camera (wide-angle shots FTW!), performance and being able to switch the battery on-the-go is what intrigued me. In terms of looks and design, I think it's not the best, but planning to order a skin/cover. Any suggestions for that?

Got the phone yesterday. Liking it so far.

What's good:

+ SD820 + 4GB RAM works very well.

+ The phone looks better than it looks in photos and videos.

+ Battery life is good too. Fast Charge 3.0 is good! I got an extra battery with a Hybrid Charging Cradle free with the phone. Very helpful!

+ And I can't even begin to explain how awesome the wide-angle shots are. Best feature of the phone IMO! The main 16MP shooter is damn good, but the wide-angle lens is something else.

Downsides:

- The whole "Friends" thing is just gimmicky. I can't see myself buying any of the accessories. The best part is that the "modular design" helps with switching the battery.

- I know I said the phone looks better in person, but it's still way off than a flagship phone. It just can't compete with other flagships in terms of looks. If I look very closely and nit-pick, there are some terrible alignment issues on the design of the phone. It does not cause any problem whatsoever with day-to-day usage, but it is an eyesore if looked at closely.

• Like 1

Got the phone yesterday. Liking it so far.

What's good:

+ SD820 + 4GB RAM works very well.

+ The phone looks better than it looks in photos and videos.

+ Battery life is good too. Fast Charge 3.0 is good! I got an extra battery with a Hybrid Charging Cradle free with the phone. Very helpful!

+ And I can't even begin to explain how awesome the wide-angle shots are. Best feature of the phone IMO! The main 16MP shooter is damn good, but the wide-angle lens is something else.

Downsides:

- The whole "Friends" thing is just gimmicky. I can't see myself buying any of the accessories. The best part is that the "modular design" helps with switching the battery.

- I know I said the phone looks better in person, but it's still way off than a flagship phone. It just can't compete with other flagships in terms of looks. If I look very closely and nit-pick, there are some terrible alignment issues on the design of the phone. It does not cause any problem whatsoever with day-to-day usage, but it is an eyesore if looked at closely.

How much did it cost you? And from where did you buy?

Guys. I am planning to buy a retro flip phone. Preferably new. Like Moto v9x. I initially though of Moto V3i which I had but got stolen. So I know that the phone is good for that time. I want to stay away from Smart phone and go to flip phone as that phone has style and capability to play mp3 and has 3G as well. So any suggestions I can get. BTW my budget is 4k. I can extend a little to 6k. But only of it is New scratch less condition.

Edited by djanuj

Guys. I am planning to buy a retro flip phone. Preferably new. Like Moto v9x. I initially though of Moto V3i which I had but got stolen. So I know that the phone is good for that time. I want to stay away from Smart phone and go to flip phone as that phone has style and capability to play mp3 and has 3G as well. So any suggestions I can get. BTW my budget is 4k. I can extend a little to 6k. But only of it is New scratch less condition.

Hope I won't offend you by saying this, but you seem to have slightly weird taste in phones :P

#sorry!

Hope I won't offend you by saying this, but you seem to have slightly weird taste in phones [emoji14]

#sorry!

Lol. None taken. I just have exams coming up so have to stay away from iPhone/Android or rather smart phone features. This is a temporary phone with basic features. I don't want Whatsapp etc. But I do want 3g connectivity, Mail app etc. And want a very sleek phone. So thus moto v9 flip phone.
  • Like 1

Lol. None taken. I just have exams coming up so have to stay away from iPhone/Android or rather smart phone features. This is a temporary phone with basic features. I don't want Whatsapp etc. But I do want 3g connectivity, Mail app etc. And want a very sleek phone. So thus moto v9 flip phone.

That's actually some 'smart' thinking. And, Flip phones do look stylish..

• Like 1

That's actually some 'smart' thinking. And, Flip phones do look stylish..

Thanks. So what do you say? Any suggestions? I am getting a refurb phone for 6k in india. But not sure if I should go ahead as I am getting one with warranty on amazon.com. for 130$. So have to think about it. Edited by djanuj

Thanks. So what do you say? Any suggestions? I am getting a refurb phone for 6k in india. But not sure if I should go ahead as I am getting one with warranty on amazon.com. for 130$. So have to think about it.

Well, V9x looks good for sure. I guess you are talking about this ?

https://www.amazon.com/Motorola-RAZR2-V9x-Quad-Band-Player-International/dp/B002UHKN9E

Well, V9x looks good for sure. I guess you are talking about this ?

https://www.amazon.com/Motorola-RAZR2-V9x-Quad-Band-Player-International/dp/B002UHKN9E

Yes. But the same is not available in India. Only v9 is. So don't know what to do? Any other model I should look at?

I never been here as I was using my Sony Xperia for quite long and was satisfied with it until it start to hang up on apps and got very slow, then I knew it's time to change the phone so I started searching for a good A class phones. Wanted to go for Iphone 6s plus but literally everyone in my circle and family have that phone. Everywhere I go people had Iphone so I wanted to go for something which was better and had good features. Saw HTC, LG, Blackberry and many other phones but didn't found anything appealing so I thought I should go with Samsung galaxy s7. Searching for it I came across One plus 3, the specs and features were amazing for today's phone and had decent camera, display and passed almost every durability tests. I just couldn't wait for long and ordered the One plus 3.

Using it for a week now and I'm pretty impressed with the performance. Apps open instantly like within a second, camera is okayish, no display complains as some reviewers said, battery is good as I'm a heavy user and still around 10% remains. Dash charging is ridiculously fast, 0 to 100% in 40 min .. yes I've noted. can play high quality games for long without any lag or phone getting hot. Got the locations from where I can get my warranty covered and even called them anonymously to clear thing out. Phone also feels good on hand and looks impressive.

The only drawback is the camera popping out from the back which can be solved if you get a good back cover.

All this for half the price i was going to pay for other flagships. Well in my opinion it's worth it. :rolleyes:

• Like 1