The Mobile Phone Thread

Chaztin

^ OnePlus X if you want an AMOLED but if you want to go for a standard IPS display you can look at the Lenovo ZUK Z1.

Will check out the Z1, don't think I'm interested in the One Plus X.

Get the G5, don't think too much. 445$ I'd a killer price

Yeah I have a week time to pull the trigger, so yeah still thinking 😬

Edited by sweetvar26

Hellow, hellow. Need a tide over phone for mom for a couple of months. Checked out a few phones and liked the HTC Desire 626. How's the Xiaomi Note 3 / Mi4i in comparison, since I can't really check those out. All the reviews say that Xiaomi devices are good but the service is a horror story.

So, what's the word? Her usage is mostly camera, social networking and a few games. A decent camera and battery life are top requirements.

I would suggest a MOTO G4 Plus, the camera is seriously good for its budget. The performance (relative) is good and the layout is stock Droid so win all around.

Yup. Looks about right. Just hope the phone runs problem free.

I would suggest a MOTO G4 Plus, the camera is seriously good for its budget. The performance (relative) is good and the layout is stock Droid so win all around.

Yeah, the device looks good, the only thing holding me back is the service if anything goes wrong.

Get Redmi N3. [emoji1360] Camera performance is good enough for mobile. The camera also got some cool features.

Edited by achilles

Really? Is Motorola as bad or Xiaomi not as bad as everyone has said?

Motorola phones are very sturdy. I have an old V3i which works to date(at least 9-10 years old phone). Also used Atrix 2 in 2012 and moto e in 2014. Excellent phones. The only problem I've had with Motorola is that the camera wasn't good in the phones I've used. But as Alpha has pointed out, it seems to have been sorted out in newer models.

Really? Is Motorola as bad or Xiaomi not as bad as everyone has said?

After-sales-service is outsourced to third-party. Hit or miss, mostly the latter.

Devices themselves are well constructed.

So Xiomi launched Redmi 3S and 3S Prime in India. The specs seem amazing for the price. Most importantly battery life should be great thanks to 4100 mah. So this is the new best phone under 10k right? Only thing is i wish Xiomi had stayed with 4.7" as 5 is too big for me even though screen to body ratio is great.

guys, need to buy a simple phone for mom, need to have good battery backup and should be better at communication (camera and other added features are not a must, but battery backup should be good)

i was suggesting a nokia phone, but i don't know which model to be exact

whatsapp functionality would be an added bonus (not a necessity)

budget would be 3-4k (max 5k)