The Mobile Phone Thread

Chaztin

I am leaning towards pixel. Very costly though, and doesn't look that good. Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge look great.

I have both, and any day I will but s7 edge again. Also best buy has some killer offer where they are giving wireless fast charger and 256 gb SD card free with a 100$ gift card.

Tried paying at a petrol bunk using Samsung Pay. Worked like a charm.

After you register your card and it's verified by the bank via an OTP, you can use Samsung pay to generate a magnetic code which is then read by the card reader.

As good as swiping your card.

It still asks for your pin on the machine, so that level of security is still there.

1e62ad3a68f64e47ea36aba89825b935.jpg

2d8bf74a7fd5232b5d383f6de87c743b.jpg

Non-SmartPhone - Nokia 3310 maybe?

Smartphone - my Xolo Era 2 arrived today. Will use it as my secondary phone. It looks decent so far but resolution is non-hd, so not good looking screen and camera is atrocious. On the plus side, it is 4G with Volte.

Thanks Dante..

Ordered an One Plus 3T. Making the switch back to android from iPhone since I need to return my office phone due to job switch. Going to take some time getting used to android again :\

Also, heard that One Plus 3T comes with a screen guard applied. Should I invest in tempered glass?

Ordered an One Plus 3T. Making the switch back to android from iPhone since I need to return my office phone due to job switch. Going to take some time getting used to android again :\

Also, heard that One Plus 3T comes with a screen guard applied. Should I invest in tempered glass?

I got the OP3T recently and yes, it comes with a screen guard. However, don't rely on it much as it's a very basic low quality one. Gets scratches and marks easily. I'll take mine off any day now. It's starting to become an eyesore.

Personally, I don't like using a screen protector on my phone, but if you like the safety that a tempered glass offers, then I suggest you buy one.

I have one plus 3T. I have taken care of the phone such that the screen guard which is of low quality. Have minimum scratches. But I would suggest you should change the screen guard as it's adviced. But I have not changed mine because I have made sure it's stays till it's life. Will buy a scratch guard in future though.

I bought the oneplus 3 with Spigen cover.... The cover came on the same day as the phone... So since then the phone has been in the cover and the pre-applied screen guard is still going strong.

The spigen cover is not compatible with most tempered glass, so continued with the screen guard it self.

The screen Guard is scratched a bit in places now.

I bought the phone back in August 2016.

Recommended a friend the G5 plus. The bought it using the SBI discount.

Some people are praising the camera. I hope it is actually good.

G5 plus had the advantage of having a dedicated SD card slot, which is why it made more sense for my friend over Redmi note 4.

Guys, a quick question. Moto G5 plus supports upto 128 GB SD card according to the specs on Indian website.

Would using a 128 GB card impact performance of the phone? I read somewhere once, that using the highest capacity supported cards make the phone slower or something.

Thanks for the advice....Ordered 2 today.

Glad to be of service, Cheers!

Recommended a friend the G5 plus. The bought it using the SBI discount.

Some people are praising the camera. I hope it is actually good.

G5 plus had the advantage of having a dedicated SD card slot, which is why it made more sense for my friend over Redmi note 4.

Guys, a quick question. Moto G5 plus supports upto 128 GB SD card according to the specs on Indian website.

Would using a 128 GB card impact performance of the phone? I read somewhere once, that using the highest capacity supported cards make the phone slower or something.

The G5 Plus camera is serious business considering it has an aperture of f/1.7 on the rear shooter, which is probably the best in its price range.

And as far as I have heard even the outgoing MOTO G4 had a good camera.

About your storage query, I do not see how it can matter unless you load it to the brim with data and are constantly going to access it, then the device will definitely start showing lag and reduced battery standby if you are accessing any thing on the card.

• Like 1

Redmi 4A to be launched on March 20 for 4999. For that price you get 5 in 720p screen, snapdragon 425,Adreno 308,3120 mah battery and 13mp camera.

Amazing specs for the price. Only Adreno 308 sucks everything else is fantastic.

Compare this with Nokia 3 which has the same specs but at much higher price of atleast 9k lol.

Redmi 4A to be launched on March 20 for 4999. For that price you get 5 in 720p screen, snapdragon 425,Adreno 308,3120 mah battery and 13mp camera.

Amazing specs for the price. Only Adreno 308 sucks everything else is fantastic.

Compare this with Nokia 3 which has the same specs but at much higher price of atleast 9k lol.

We all know how Xiaomi support is too. Anyone who wants to buy a handset that functions decently and had an actual support network knows which brand has got their back.

Sent from my Lenovo X3a40 using Tapatalk