The Mobile Phone Thread

Chaztin

Anyone here used iPhone SE? I'm thinking to get it as a secondary phone but 4 inch screen in 2017 : :scratchchin:

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

Do you want a waterproof shockproof case from otter box? I have it. I was using it with iPhone 5S but I sold that phone. And I don't need any new iPhone of same size. Let me know once you buy iPhone se.

PS : Selling it for ₹700 shipped.

For 24k there are much better options available in android, in my opinion.

Not if compact size is the requirement. Phones under 5 in screen are dead.I applaud Apple for keeping the 4 inch phone alive.Not everyone wants to carry around a mini tablet.

Not if compact size is the requirement. Phones under 5 in screen are dead.I applaud Apple for keeping the 4 inch phone alive.Not everyone wants to carry around a mini tablet.

The thing ,though, is that he doesn't seem to be very happy with a 4" screen on SE.

Also A3 is an excellent budget phone with a screen < 5inches. Been using the A3 2015 model and quite happy with it.

Edited by Playstationdude

Guys I updated the one plus 3t firmware from the community page as it was taking really long time to give ota in India. However after the update was successful I am on 4.1.3 OXygen but the firmware check for update still shows A3003_28_170411. And the log is also of that only. Eventhough the update was successful. What to do?

PS : Just to tell you what I did. I first tried to install 30MB Update file from recovery mode. But it failed. Then I tried to install full file 1.4gb file. Install was successful. Now this happened.

Edited by djanuj

Motorola(Lenovo) has gone insane.

So many different phones at every price point. They truly have become the next Samung.

Between 5-10k they have E3 Power, G4 Play, G3 Turbo, K6 Power, and the upcoming Moto C and C Plus and E4 and E4 Plus.

Between 10-15k they have G5,Moto X Play, G4 Plus, K6 Note, etc

Between 15-20k G5 Plus, P2,Moto M, etc

But this kind of thing seems to be working for them business wise so they will continue to flood the market with dozens of phones at every price point.

And all the phones look the same too just like all samung phones look the same.

Guys I updated the one plus 3t firmware from the community page as it was taking really long time to give ota in India. However after the update was successful I am on 4.1.3 OXygen but the firmware check for update still shows A3003_28_170411. And the log is also of that only. Eventhough the update was successful. What to do?

PS : Just to tell you what I did. I first tried to install 30MB Update file from recovery mode. But it failed. Then I tried to install full file 1.4gb file. Install was successful. Now this happened.

What's the problem?

Same with my phone. i have oneplus 3 and i updated via OTA update.

What's the problem?

Same with my phone. i have oneplus 3 and i updated via OTA update.

The system update page log still shows changes of old firmware eventhough it should show changes of new.

Moto was best under google. Lenovo has diluted the brand and totally taken away their appeal.

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

True even under Lenovo it was good until 2015. But still right now they're the only company that sells phones with Stock Android.

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

The system update page log still shows changes of old firmware eventhough it should show changes of new.

Edit:

Mine shows A3003_16_170411.

The update log is shown for 4.1.3.

I updated my phone using VPN and setting country to Germany.

Edited by ayush12ice

A3003_28_170411 is the current firmware. The system update page will show the current firmware and change log, till the time there is a new firmware.

The change log shows what changed for 4.1.3.

You didn't get me. My change log is this

8c6d436b3c1af1e534a210c85d70357a.jpg

It should have been this

e508c6d91bb357b77595961eb2bfb595.jpg

Please note that the first screenshot is exactly same as of 4.1.1 change log.

Edited by djanuj

i got you now... I don't know how you can solve it. Maybe try OperaVPN, connect to Germany or Canada and try to update to their OTA update, if the phone lets you do it. Although, i doubt it would.

Edited my comment just before you quoted. hehe..

Anyway, I have been facing a problem with the Wifi on the phone since i got the phone. It keeps turning on intermittently when i want to keep it switched off.

The phone just does not give me an option to keep location wifi scanning turned off. If i do turn it off, then almost all apps ask for permission to turn it on.

How can i fix this?

i got you now... I don't know how you can solve it. Maybe try OperaVPN, connect to Germany or Canada and try to update to their OTA update, if the phone lets you do it. Although, i doubt it would.

Edited my comment just before you quoted. hehe..

Anyway, I have been facing a problem with the Wifi on the phone since i got the phone. It keeps turning on intermittently when i want to keep it switched off.

The phone just does not give me an option to keep location wifi scanning turned off. If i do turn it off, then almost all apps ask for permission to turn it on.

How can i fix this?

No idea. Btw is your phone also showing same issue wrt log? Also I tried vpn method. Says it's up-to-date.

Why not ask in OnePlus community via app?

Been using it for a couple of months now, pretty good phone. The stories for support arent very encouraging though.

Then again, having dealt with Motorola/Lenovo for a couple of weeks now, I cant say Mi support can be any worse.

Need a smartphone for personal and work purpose..Looking for a decent one..Thinking about Redmi Note 4 3GB 32GB one which is 11k...Good choice?

Redmi note 4's battery is amazing. I got the phone for my dad who has minimal usage.

The battery easily lasts for 3 days. He charges the phone at 20-25%.