The Mobile Phone Thread

Chaztin

OnePlus 3T user here. Didn't bother sideloading the latest update. Just got a notification for the OTA update for 7.1.1. Size is 350MB only. Downloading as I type this.

I became impatient because update was launched way back. So decided why not update myself. Now I repent. Any way of going back to 4.1.1 and then update again? Like download 4.1.1.zip full 1.4gb file then go to recovery mode and install and then wait for update to come? Is that possible or will I brick my device?

^ Yup you can do a clean install from 4.1.1... Where are you getting the zip file from?

One plus community forum. So I can install 4.1.1 via recovery eventhough I am on Latest Version. You sure right that I won't brick my phone? I usually don't tinker with such things when it comes to Android.

I usually don't tinker with such things when it comes to Android.

That's how I am too. I keep Android 'tinkering' limited to the visual customisation options available.

Sadly, I won't be able to recommend much in your case. Sorry.

However, if I was you, I'd just wait for the next OTA update to fix things. Sad answer, I know. Sorry again. :fear:

• Like 1

One plus community forum. So I can install 4.1.1 via recovery eventhough I am on Latest Version. You sure right that I won't brick my phone? I usually don't tinker with such things when it comes to Android.

Go to recovery, wipe off everything including cache and do a clean install. It won't brick your device.

If doing for the first time, watch a YouTube video for flashing zip files.

Between i got the OTA notification today. It's out now in India.

That's how I am too. I keep Android 'tinkering' limited to the visual customisation options available.

Sadly, I won't be able to recommend much in your case. Sorry.

However, if I was you, I'd just wait for the next OTA update to fix things. Sad answer, I know. Sorry again. :fear:

Go to recovery, wipe off everything including cache and do a clean install. It won't brick your device.

If doing for the first time, watch a YouTube video for flashing zip files.

Between i got the OTA notification today. It's out now in India.

So I successfully downgraded my is to 4.0.3 and then got 350mb update for 4.1.3. Successfully installed that. However now the issue arised that whenever I delete a file via file manager the same crashes. This was not happening before downgrade. So how to fix that. I have also cleaned cache.

S8 preorders start on flipkart from 3PM today :) Finally.

Price : S8 : 57900 S8+ : 64900

Colours : Blue/Black/Gold

Release date : 5th May

Prebook Offers - Free convertible wireless charger

Samsung flagship phones drop in price so fast though. 58k at launch, 48k in 2 months,

With S7 they were very consistent, first price drop happened after 5 months, and then no price drop till date, probably will be the same case with S8.

they f**ked up the fingerprint sensor location.

Ya, it was a necessity though to get that screen impact. Iris scanner should do the job fine though.