The Mobile Phone Thread

Chaztin

Just get a cheap Android. 

She was using 4S. Recently she dropped the phone and it doesn't work. So I guess iPhone is better option. Don't want to buy 5/5S. SE is a better choice. G5 Plus i did think btw. But it's too big. She doesn't want that big screen.

22 minutes ago, djanuj said:

She was using 4S. Recently she dropped the phone and it doesn't work. So I guess iPhone is better option. Don't want to buy 5/5S. SE is a better choice. G5 Plus i did think btw. But it's too big. She doesn't want that big screen.

For an upgrade to 4s excellent choice at the price point 

Have been hearing that the iOS 11 patch severely depresses the battery life, so be warned.

The one good thing is that she will be right at home with the UI and experience.

Also, I see limited support for the SE going forward considering its age so there is that.

Sent from my Mi 8 using Tapatalk

Have been hearing that the iOS 11 patch severely depresses the battery life, so be warned.

The one good thing is that she will be right at home with the UI and experience.

Also, I see limited support for the SE going forward considering its age so there is that.

That's still 2 more years than g5 plus.

Sent from my Redmi 5A using Tapatalk

19 hours ago, djanuj said:

SE would be good. It's basically a 6S in 5S body.

• Like 1

I agree. But even then it's faster than iPhone 6. Plus it won't be irrelevant I am sure. Unlike Android iOS works really good for old devices too. Except for the battery scandal which happened.

I agree. But even then it's faster than iPhone 6. Plus it won't be irrelevant I am sure. Unlike Android iOS works really good for old devices too. Except for the battery scandal which happened by apple.

Quite the opposite, Apple phones keep getting slower with every update, throttle or no throttle. 

With android, you can always downgrade to the lowest version possible. 

Also, post kitkat android works well even with budget devices. 

My 4 year old moto x still works very well. 

You are wrong my friend. I had iPhone 5S with me. I recently sold it. And it had no performance issues. Except for little slowdown. But it was not at all throttled. Se will be better than 6. My brother and bhabhi use 6 and it works perfectly. Much better than S7. Sure ram etc is not that huge but it works great.

PS : I am an apple fan. But currently i use 3t.

If she uses the phone for Whatsapp (which includes viewing lots of images/videos sent on groups etc) and clicking pictures (which also means she'll be browsing them to see what she's clicked), then I'm sure she'll really appreciate the extra screen real estate.

If she uses the phone for Whatsapp (which includes viewing lots of images/videos sent on groups etc) and clicking pictures (which also means she'll be browsing them to see what she's clicked), then I'm sure she'll really appreciate the extra screen real estate.
She wants small screen phone. She hates phone bigger than her palm. She loved 4s as it was very small. I am sure she will love se too.
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone, I need help in how to handle my device's replacement with Google.

I bought Pixel 2 XL on 9th Dec, it's wifi was DOA, filed a replacement, was picked up on 11th Dec, took 2 weeks for a replacement. 

After 10 days of use, there was significant screen burn-in and battery was faulty, it took 20 mins for it to charge by 1%. Filed for a replacement again, technician diagnosed it thoroughly acknowledging the fault and took it with him.

It's been 3 weeks now and I haven't received the device, Google Support tells me they don't have stock for White color. 

They have really haven't been responding to my emails and lying, I was told 1 week ago that it's been repaired and awaiting shipment but apparently that wasn't the case.

Now today ta representative told me to wait another week for an update, Seriously that will be 4 weeks, and they won't give me a timeline, it could be 3 days or even 3 weeks acc. to him. I wasn't even provided a standby device.

Meanwhile price went down by 5k which is my lose because I had device only for 15 days out 51 it's been since I bought it at Croma, they teared my 1.5k screen guards twice before taking it for replacement and now just are blatantly cheating me after me paying them 65k.

Please give advice how to proceed further, is anyone familiar with consumer court? I am all ears.

Man, that is some stupid service. Sorry to hear that.

I'm not familiar with the legal processes, but I would at least raise some hell on social media and tag all official Google channels, unless you've done that already. These days, that gets some attention.

It was a different product and a different company, but posting the request reference no. on twitter really helped me get a quick replacement for my Dualshock 3 which came with the PS4.

40 minutes ago, VelivolusDas said:

Man, that is some stupid service. Sorry to hear that.

I'm not familiar with the legal processes, but I would at least raise some hell on social media and tag all official Google channels, unless you've done that already. These days, that gets some attention.

It was a different product and a different company, but posting the request reference no. on twitter really helped me get a quick replacement for my Dualshock 3 which came with the PS4.

I am tweeting to all Google accounts since weeks. Early on, Made by Google used to reply and asked me about my Case ID in the DMs but all the help they gave me was in terms of "Please be patient, Google India is doing all they can". Had same conversation many times and now they have stopped replying to me. Asking me to be patient when I paid 65k to them? 

I can't take this tension, already have my plate full with Real&Complex Analysis and Discrete exams.

Seriously, I didn't expect this at all, I am not gonna let this go easy, asking my lawyer friends for suggestions, if Google delays it even further, for god's sake I will extract an internship out of them.

Edited by kunjanp

50 minutes ago, adity said:

A case in consumer court can be made for this. You don't even need a lawyer to represent you and they are relatively expedient in delivering judgement. I think just filing a case should be enough for them to act quickly if you have the time for it. You can even register a complaint online, I think. 

Trying to file a complaint but consumer helpline website always throws an error once I press submit. 

On 12/8/2017 at 10:50 AM, mohit9206 said:

Hey i picked up this during yesterdays flash sale and it arrived today. Finally a new phone after 3 yrs. 4999 for 2gb/16gb model.

Hey Mohit saar, how has your experience been with the A5? Only 5000/- that's a real value for money :fear1:

Specs are better than my current Moto G3 (which has become quite slow atm), and I'm not really liking any other phone on the market atm.

Edited by oxalorg

Hey Mohit saar, how has your experience been with the A5? Only 5000/- that's a real value for money :fear1:

Specs are better than my current Moto G3 (which has become quite slow atm), and I'm not really liking any other phone on the market atm.
Oxalong saar my experience has been great so far. Nothing to complain about at this price. If i have to nitpick, then the camera would probably not be as good as your G3 and the internal storage is not enough because games take up too much space and some qpps cannot be uninstalled like miui Brower and a few other miui apps.

Sent from my Redmi 5A using Tapatalk

• Like 1