Jump to content
Chaztin

The Mobile Phone Thread

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

Didn't check dude it's the last thing i am thinking about now after having such a dreadful issue on a new purchase

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk
 

My sister had a similar issue with her S9 plus.

The WiFi used to go to sleep when the phone was locked and when she unlocked the phone, say 30 mins later, she used to get all the notifications at once. Although wifi did connect automatically.

I had to flash the software again but then the issue went away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, kunjanp said:

My sister had a similar issue with her S9 plus.

The WiFi used to go to sleep when the phone was locked and when she unlocked the phone, say 30 mins later, she used to get all the notifications at once. Although wifi did connect automatically.

I had to flash the software again but then the issue went away.

Interesting I have never had this issue with S9+, need to observe now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes please do that, this issue is insane, on this page 46 pages later no fix, this company should just nuke itself

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S8/Galaxy-S8-Wifi-Issues/td-p/108952

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kunjanp said:

My sister had a similar issue with her S9 plus.

The WiFi used to go to sleep when the phone was locked and when she unlocked the phone, say 30 mins later, she used to get all the notifications at once. Although wifi did connect automatically.

I had to flash the software again but then the issue went away.

That's an android feature. Puts the phone in deep sleep where most apps are closed if the phone is inactive. You need to put apps in stop optimising or disable the feature entirely for it to not happen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, adity said:

That's an android feature. Puts the phone in deep sleep where most apps are closed if the phone is inactive. You need to put apps in stop optimising or disable the feature entirely for it to not happen. 

Bro, I did that. Disabled the battery optimization which comes as a part of the Android and disabled the Samsung's effort too.

But the issue did not go.

I flashed the software again and it did. This was when S9+ was 3-4 months old, as far as I remember Samsung chalked it up to a bug in Android and later fixed it.

So I don't think S9 owners will experience it now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems samsung has made me into a beta tester of their products for free, so here is the OnePlus type-c to 3.5mm converter i bough and it does not support my note10+ as it can be seen in the screenshot, i tried it with my sennhiser m30g and another pair of 3.5mm earphones

 

https://www.photobox.co.uk/my/photo/full?photo_id=502093274326
 

You can also see the exclamation mark besides the wifi symbol indicating no internet available.

Here is the pic of the converter itself below

https://ibb.co/2d8V5Cs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, adity said:

That's an android feature. Puts the phone in deep sleep where most apps are closed if the phone is inactive. You need to put apps in stop optimising or disable the feature entirely for it to not happen. 

 

I guess you mean this, i put it on high performance mode and nothing

 

https://www.photobox.co.uk/my/photo/full?photo_id=502093283368

 

Also this issue is weird, it does not auto reconnect to my home MTNL internet while others like Moto G3,X Play and samsung note 5 and A70 did also my PS4 connects too. The Note10+ auto reconnects to the hathway wifi at my relatives place, i don't know what to do here.

Just now while at home and listning to songs, my phone was active but as i locked the screen the wifi self went to sleep after 10 mins or so and then i couldn't connect to the net.

This is a major issue as i do not get mails, whatsapp messages, big game downloads will disconnect and if i am installing a big system update file, the interruption in download will corrupt the file. It happened on my note5 as the update file stopped downloading for a bit and the bluetooth stopped working after the update was installed.

Edited by NitroNeo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

It seems samsung has made me into a beta tester of their products for free, so here is the OnePlus type-c to 3.5mm converter i bough and it does not support my note10+ as it can be seen in the screenshot, i tried it with my sennhiser m30g and another pair of 3.5mm earphones

 

https://www.photobox.co.uk/my/photo/full?photo_id=502093274326
 

You can also see the exclamation mark besides the wifi symbol indicating no internet available.

Here is the pic of the converter itself below

https://ibb.co/2d8V5Cs

Compatibility issues between different phones and Type C adapters are very common.

Doesn't Samsung make one? I think you should have gone with that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

 

I guess you mean this, i put it on high performance mode and nothing

 

https://www.photobox.co.uk/my/photo/full?photo_id=502093283368

 

Also this issue is weird, it does not auto reconnect to my home MTNL internet while others like Moto G3,X Play and samsung note 5 and A70 did also my PS4 connects too. The Note10+ auto reconnects to the hathway wifi at my relatives place, i don't know what to do here.

Just now while at home and listning to songs, my phone was active but as i locked the screen the wifi self went to sleep after 10 mins or so and then i couldn't connect to the net.

This is a major issue as i do not get mails, whatsapp messages, big game downloads will disconnect and if i am installing a big system update file, the interruption in download will corrupt the file. It happened on my note5 as the update file stopped downloading for a bit and the bluetooth stopped working after the update was installed.

Bro, this seems like an issue between your router or the network configuration of MTNL itself and the phone, if it's working fine on other networks.

Like my Pixel 2 XL doesn't receive full 40Mbps on my Airtel V-Fiber, in rare instances it does.

But other networks work just fine.

 

I think you need to tinkle around your router or test a new one.

Edited by kunjanp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Compatibility issues between different phones and Type C adapters are very common.
Doesn't Samsung make one? I think you should have gone with that.
Bought the phone from official store they don't have it. So had to get the OP one.

But the other devices fine on my mtnl router and your phone works slow this just loses connection. This is the first time something like this ever happened.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

Bought the phone from official store they don't have it. So had to get the OP one.

But the other devices fine on my mtnl router and your phone works slow this just loses connection. This is the first time something like this ever happened.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk
 

This happened with your Note 5 as well, so it's definitely some sort of handshaking problem between Samsung and MTNL or the router.

It could be the case that the router provided isn't upto the specifications. A phone manufacturer doesn't claim that the device will work with all other appliances.

You should try another router with your connection and test it.

 

And in the case of dongle, I can see online that a lot of people reported that Oneplus dongle isn't compatible, so you should have researched. Maybe see if you can return it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This happened with your Note 5 as well, so it's definitely some sort of handshaking problem between Samsung and MTNL or the router.
It could be the case that the router provided isn't upto the specifications. A phone manufacturer doesn't claim that the device will work with all other appliances.
You should try another router with your connection and test it.
 
And in the case of dongle, I can see online that a lot of people reported that Oneplus dongle isn't compatible, so you should have researched. Maybe see if you can return it.
 
The dongle is rs.350 least of my concern, the phone is 80k. I did not have any wifi issues with note 5 nor the A70 from samsung side and moto x play, g3 and LG G6 and my ps4.

I don't see this is the only device having issues. Besi des not that the many universal people posting in the links provided above use mtnl, they are having the same wifi issue with top end gaming routers from cisco.

This is really furstrating that all other mmm manufacturers have had this issue and fixed it within one update. This has plagued samsung since S8 if the masses are concerned.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

The dongle is rs.350 least of my concern, the phone is 80k. I did not have any wifi issues with note 5 nor the A70 from samsung side and moto x play, g3 and LG G6 and my ps4.

I don't see this is the only device having issues. Besi des not that the many universal people posting in the links provided above use mtnl, they are having the same wifi issue with top end gaming routers from cisco.

This is really furstrating that all other mmm manufacturers have had this issue and fixed it within one update. This has plagued samsung since S8 if the masses are concerned.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk
 

You did mention that it happened with your note 5 for a bit.

Anyway, the common thing is Samsung and MTNL.

If you are saying that all other devices are working correctly except Note 10, then similarly all other networks are working correctly except MTNL.

It just happens, like in my case it's the specific VDSL protocol Airtel uses which isn't compatible with Pixel.

So, just try to troubleshoot.

 

Also, my friend got a Note 10, I don't know  anyone who has a MTNL connection but if I can test, I'll let you know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
You did mention that it happened with your note 5 for a bit.
Anyway, the common thing is Samsung and MTNL.
If you are saying that all other devices are working correctly except Note 10, then similarly all other networks are working correctly except MTNL.
It just happens, like in my case it's the specific VDSL protocol Airtel uses which isn't compatible with Pixel.
So, just try to troubleshoot.
 
Also, my friend got a Note 10, I don't know  anyone who has a MTNL connection but if I can test, I'll let you know.
Yeah thanks man, the note 5 issue was the bluetooth stopped working after the update, the samsung store guy then said Samsung OTA updates can cause errors so just update from the service center.

Though i do feel samsung purposefully screw their devices with updates when a new phone launches so people buy the new once. You can see the same opinion even on the samsung s8 thread of the samsung US community.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/23/2019 at 7:06 PM, Mizanurification said:

 

Screenshot-20190823-190137.jpg

 

:naughty:

 

Not that :D
search for "<phone name> hydrogel" in aliexpress..

 

On 8/23/2019 at 8:29 PM, NitroNeo said:

Are you talking about the screen protector is it better than tempered glass?

 

They are advertising it to cover the complete display along with the curved edges in the phones nowadays.. 
The tempered glass is either a small one which does not completely cover the display or leave air gaps along the edges so this helps in avoiding that it seems..

I have ordered 2 pieces for the K20, lets see how it goes

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just tested downloading a large game on the hathway wifi connection[50mbps plan], i tested the PUBG mobile [2GB] Version, once i started it's download i locked the screen and unlocked it in half an hours, it downloaded just 247mb in half an hour after unlocking the device, it did auto reconnect but i felt something was off since such low amount was downloaded, so this time i kept the display on and let it download the game for 15mins and that's when the wifi went to sleep even when the game was being downloaded, here is the screenshot, you can see "waiting for wifi" message under pubg mobile installation.

Screenshot-20190825-142836-Google-Play-S

 

At 2.30pm the installation was at 546MB, so now i turned on the performance mode [i took a screenshot of it late but had turned it on at 2.30pm], i got a call and missed the screenshot of 2.50pm the installation was at 683MB then.

Screenshot-20190825-143039-Google-Play-S

 

Now again i tried a 30m repeat process of keeping the screen off and the installation only progressed by 90mb only at 3.20pm.

Screenshot-20190825-152151-Google-Play-S



Screenshot-20190825-152239-Device-care.j

Screenshot-20190825-152806-Google-Play-S
 

 

After this i allowed the installation to go for 8 more mins till 3.28pm which downloaded 350mb+ in that time which is more than anything before i reached to the conclusion that the wifi is going to auto sleep in 15mins and i don't know if samsung is going to fix it or even acknowledge it like it didn't with many other users facing wifi issues.

Now I'm in a rock and a hard place with no clear understanding why this problem occurs and how to fix it, plus the phone seems to be ok, but then again this issue is not something to live with for the next 2+ years, so should i go for a replacement, i can only replace it 14 days from purchase date.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

I just tested downloading a large game on the hathway wifi connection[50mbps plan], i tested the PUBG mobile [2GB] Version, once i started it's download i locked the screen and unlocked it in half an hours, it downloaded just 247mb in half an hour after unlocking the device, it did auto reconnect but i felt something was off since such low amount was downloaded, so this time i kept the display on and let it download the game for 15mins and that's when the wifi went to sleep even when the game was being downloaded, here is the screenshot, you can see "waiting for wifi" message under pubg mobile installation.

Screenshot-20190825-142836-Google-Play-S

 

At 2.30pm the installation was at 546MB, so now i turned on the performance mode [i took a screenshot of it late but had turned it on at 2.30pm], i got a call and missed the screenshot of 2.50pm the installation was at 683MB then.

Screenshot-20190825-143039-Google-Play-S

 

Now again i tried a 30m repeat process of keeping the screen off and the installation only progressed by 90mb only at 3.20pm.

Screenshot-20190825-152151-Google-Play-S



Screenshot-20190825-152239-Device-care.j

Screenshot-20190825-152806-Google-Play-S
 

 

After this i allowed the installation to go for 8 more mins till 3.28pm which downloaded 350mb+ in that time which is more than anything before i reached to the conclusion that the wifi is going to auto sleep in 15mins and i don't know if samsung is going to fix it or even acknowledge it like it didn't with many other users facing wifi issues.

Now I'm in a rock and a hard place with no clear understanding why this problem occurs and how to fix it, plus the phone seems to be ok, but then again this issue is not something to live with for the next 2+ years, so should i go for a replacement, i can only replace it 14 days from purchase date.

 

Obviously you should go for a replacement. Why is that even a question? What is the downside?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Obviously you should go for a replacement. Why is that even a question? What is the downside?
The downside being if i get a even shitier replacement with other issues will they entertain me for another replacement?

Also this should actually be easily fixed by a software update idk why samsung is so reluctant to do it.



Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NitroNeo said:

The downside being if i get a even shitier replacement with other issues will they entertain me for another replacement?

Also this should actually be easily fixed by a software update idk why samsung is so reluctant to do it.



Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk
 

Is it a well documented issue with note 10, havent seen anyone else report this in xda forum. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...