The Mobile Phone Thread

Chaztin

iphone SE2 will sell in big numbers, i won't be surprised if it is the most sold phone this year. It might be old school, but for that is a very good price to pay for entry to apple eco system, and do not forget we still live in a world where that apple logo means a lot to a lot of ppl.

Apple has actually played a master stroke.

It's 42,500 in India, that is 153$ more than the US price. That's an extremely bad price to be honest. Don't think it will sell that well given Indians would prefer xr, x, xs over this.

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

It's 42,500 in India, that is 153$ more than the US price. That's an extremely bad price to be honest. Don't think it will sell that well given Indians would prefer xr, x, xs over this.

I am talking worldwide sales, just not India, honestly Apple gives two hoots about India anyway. That said you will have some cash back offers and will get it around 38-39k, which is still a good deal for an outdated looking phone.

Those bezels :doh:

But kids want that eaten apple, so...

Sent from my HD1911 using Tapatalk

Edited by AtheK

1 hour ago, i_rock098 said:

I am taking worldwide sales, just not India, honestly Apple gives two hoots about India anyway. That said you will have some cash back offers and will get it around 38-39k, which is still a good deal for an outdated looking phone.

Those bezels :doh:

But kids want that eaten apple, so...

Sent from my HD1911 using Tapatalk

Edited by AtheK

OP8 Pro is really looking good. The only thing bugging me is the size. It's a little too big for my liking (just like any other current flagship, these days).

The OP8 seems a bit of a waste, IMO. Better to get the OP7T (since it'll get a price-cut, in all probability), especially for most people who don't *need* the speed (?).

And yeah, the iPhone SE is a masterstroke by Apple. Will certainly sell a lot. Kinda like how the 3A ended up being Google's highest selling phone. I know it'll sell way more than that, though, but the point is, this mid-year budget phone really works. Plus that new chip means, it'll be updated for a good while.

If only Google did something similar with their 'A' series. *sigh* Wishful thinking, I know. Latest (or almost latest, but flagship-level) processor and the camera of the 4. *sigh*

1 hour ago, harsh1387 said:

One plus 8 launched at 41999 and 8 pro at 54999 in India. Will be available online at amazon and one plus site. Offline at one plus stores and croma. Fantastic pricing considering the US pricing.

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

Kick a*s pricing, 59,999 for 256gb + 12 gb op8 pro is the model to go for. I am sure it will have some bank offer on top. I paid similar price for my McLaren edition, and this has few more tricks up its sleeves. 

This will sell real well, and that green color adds novelty. 

46 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

55k is excellent pricing? Damn! Either I am very poor or other people are damn rich.

You are poor :p

Relative to the phones it is being compared to which are best in industry that is Samsung S20 ultra and iPhone 11 pro, it's almost half. Hence excellent pricing. 

Edited by AtheK
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Snake said:

Is the SE2 good as a backup phone?

The LCD screen and bezels are putting me off the purchase

IMO, absolutely. I can totally imagine people rocking it as a primary phone, too. About the screen and bezels, how much video are you gonna watch on a backup phone, anyway?

Exactly my thought [emoji14]
But I guess excellent pricing is relative to the USD price.
IKR, it's crazy that people are so happy for the Indian pricing on the reddit and oneplus forums like its the second coming of Jesus. They don't realize this is oneplus marketing tactic at its best, tease a extremely high price before launch to actually launch at a high but not crazy high price and make it seem like a great deal when in fact the price hike over the last model is pretty significant.

Spending over 50k is bonkers for a phone especially for a brand which was known for its value offering. You can buy an Activia for the price of this phone that's just insane for me to comprehend.
You are poor [emoji14]

Relative to the phones it is being compared to which are best in industry that is Samsung S20 ultra and iPhone 11 pro, it's almost half. Hence excellent pricing. 
Haha, looks like I am [emoji14]

But yeah i get your point compared to S20 its a better buy but I still believe the price is pretty insane. At those prices i would rather buy a iphone given the amazing support that they provide for so many years eventhough i much prefer android. Have used oneplus exclusively as my primary phone for the past 6 years and have tried various iterations of it all had major hardware problems, 1-screen color tint, 2-overheating 3-camera & screen crash 5-jelly scrolling 6-chrome constant crashing . But i accepted these problems as part of being a budget phone. Compared to this my iphone 6s which I used as my secondary phone which I got before the OP 3 has been working flawless except the horrible battery now.

I haven't used Samsung but if they are touching iphone prices i hope they provide iphone level hardware and software support (5+ years). This again coming from someone who loves android more than ios.

21 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

IKR, it's crazy that people are so happy for the Indian pricing on the reddit and oneplus forums like its the second coming of Jesus. They don't realize this is oneplus marketing tactic at its best, tease a extremely high price before launch to actually launch at a high but not crazy high price and make it seem like a great deal when in fact the price hike over the last model is pretty significant.

Spending over 50k is bonkers for a phone especially for a brand which was known for its value offering. You can buy an Activia for the price of this phone that's just insane for me to comprehend. Haha, looks like I am emoji14.png

But yeah i get your point compared to S20 its a better buy but I still believe the price is pretty insane. At those prices i would rather buy a iphone given the amazing support that they provide for so many years eventhough i much prefer android. Have used oneplus exclusively as my primary phone for the past 6 years and have tried various iterations of it all had major hardware problems, 1-screen color tint, 2-overheating 3-camera & screen crash 5-jelly scrolling 6-chrome constant crashing . But i accepted these problems as part of being a budget phone. Compared to this my iphone 6s which I used as my secondary phone which I got before the OP 3 has been working flawless except the horrible battery now.

I haven't used Samsung but if they are touching iphone prices i hope they provide iphone level hardware and software support (5+ years). This again coming from someone who loves android more than ios.

At this price, how are you going to get an iphone? Similar iphone is priced at over 70k.

Also, Samsung phones have always been better than iphones in terms if hardware. As far as software supportbis concerned, they privide the updates for 2-3 years, which is more than enough. 

One plus 8 pro is excellently priced in India, no matter how you slice it,unlikes iphones, whose prices are ridiculous in India compared to US prices. 

Also, you experience regarding reliability is not universal. I have seen two cases where my friends spent 80-90k at launch on iphone X and bith the phones had their motherboards fried in 13th month for no reason whatsoever. My brother is using One Plus 6 abd he hasn't faced a single issue in 2 years. There is absolutely no reason for One Plus 8 pro to not charge the price it is charging considering how every single aspect is at par with flagships, unlike before. Go for One Plus 8 or 7t if you want a relatively budget price point. 

Edited by Sach4life