The Mobile Phone Thread

Chaztin

11 minutes ago, hazard12345 said:

i am talking about the life of curren pixels, they put a lot of useless features (soli) and also put a 3100 mah battery.

And in general, with the price they ask for, 4k mah should be standard.

I did hear Pixel 4 has terrible battery backup. The lower capacity is probably their stupid attempt to copy Apple. ?

2 hours ago, quixote_1989 said:

LOVE this feature. But, alas, 4a doesn't have it.

This! I have the Panda and I love how the phone looks and feels.

Well.. f**k. 

Apart from the camera, 4a has just too many compromises. To the point where purchasing it, at the pricing it will launch here with, seems like an stupid decision.

Same. Love the squeeze to launch. Panda here too. LOL. Sexy phone. 

2 hours ago, Black_Hawk said:

Guys a I need a phone. I'm a simple user:

- Calls

- Texts

- WhatsApp

- Browsing on Firefox (With Multiple Tabs Open)

- Youtube Vanced

- Some simple Apps

- Occasional Photograph

That's about it. Phone will never be used for gaming. I will however need a nice screen and good battery backup because I do browse the internet and watch videos on my phone a lot.

I have shortlisted the options as below:

- Samsung M31

- Samsung M31S

- Redmi K20 Pro

Out of the above 3 which one should I go for? I've been leaning towards the K20 Pro because of the smooth screen with no punch hole camera, looks slick. I do realize that the Samsungs have more battery juice than the K20 pro though so I'm in a spot. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Why not Moto One Fusion Plus ? It's a well balanced phone. Better than the Samsungs mentioned here, and well, I am not a fan of Xiaomi (used a LOT of their devices). 

2 hours ago, harsh1387 said:

Which one will be better. One plus buds or Realme Buds air?
Any other recommendations in 5k range?

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, AtheK said:

What is your budget, wife has been using K20 pro and she is very happy with the phone.

One plus buds has got very good reviews at UT, but has a release date been announced.

I am also planning to pick the one plus buds or the galaxy buds+ 

If you don't have a OP phone, don't bother with OP buds. You can't even change the touch mapping of buttons to any other activity (say song skip etc) if you don't use a OP phone. Strictly for the fanbois. Check some unbiased reviews.

Galaxy buds+ are better, but the new Buds Live (bean shaped) will go...live after Samsung's event on 6th. 

The Jabra 65T went on sale some months ago for 6.5k, which is a super price for it. I think it might hit the same price on Prime days.

1 hour ago, VelivolusDas said:

Oh man, is that confirmed? I thought the 4 didn't make it here because of the SOLI-radar chip. I thought the Pixel 5 will have not-so-premium specs which means a lower price (compared to other flagships), hence would make it to India.

This sucks. Doubt the 4A 5G will make it here, too. :(

The only other brand I can even think of switching to, is OnePlus. But, I don't like the Pro versions (the curved screens are something I hate). 7T has a strictly okay'ish camera. The Nord is kinda meh, too.

Guess, will have to wait until next year to find a suitable upgrade. :(

Yeah, confirmed. Google confirmed it, and AndroidPolice also carried a story today. P4a 5G will also not be released here. Only P4a. 

OP's recent phones i.e. 8 and 8P are pretty sh*t, and Nord is an overhype machine. 

There is a serious lack of a good all rounder phone which can do what P2XL does, with a new chipset and more RAM. 

I am hoping the Asus 7Z Pro gets announced and launched soon. The whole line comes with nearly stock UI, and previous phones had good cams. Their ROG3 is an extremely tantalizing phone, except the overall design language and mediocre cameras. It will run everything you throw at it for 3-4 years at least, without breaking a sweat. 

Edited by Bird Bird Bird

1 hour ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Their ROG3 is an extremely tantalizing phone, except the overall design language and mediocre cameras. It will run everything you throw at it for 3-4 years at least, without breaking a sweat. 

It's enormous, and looks like a*s :/.

43 minutes ago, quixote_1989 said:

It's enormous, and looks like a*s :/.

40 minutes ago, VelivolusDas said:

Yeah, for all the things it does well, it doesn't look good (to me and my preference) and the cameras aren't great (again, important for me).

Yeah, those are the drawbacks - polarizing looks and mediocre cameras. However, have hopes for Gcam. Or 7Z/7Z Pro. 

5 hours ago, AtheK said:

What is your budget, wife has been using K20 pro and she is very happy with the phone.

I would like to keep it at about 25k. In that zone the K20 Pro seems like a solid contender. I haven't used Redmi phones before, anything I should be fairly warned about?

18 minutes ago, Black_Hawk said:

I would like to keep it at about 25k. In that zone the K20 Pro seems like a solid contender. I haven't used Redmi phones before, anything I should be fairly warned about?

I have never used her phone, but her use case is just like urs and she has never complained. I suggest you install nova launcher and disable majority of the apps they have pre installed. That should be generally OK.

Do check if Amazon gives discount on one plus 7t during Amazon sale, if you can have it for 31-32k, it's good to stretch the budget a bit. 

Edited by AtheK
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, AtheK said:

I have never used her phone, but her use case is just like urs and she has never complaint. I suggest you install nova launcher and disable majority of the apps they have pre installed. That should be generally OK.

Do check if Amazon gives discount on one plus 7t during Amazon sale, if you can have it for 31-32k, it's good to stretch the budget a bit. 

Than-you so much for your input my friend! I think I'll go with the K20 Pro. In love with that notch-less screen way too much. Nova Launcher is a must for me so it will get on board as soon as I have the phone.

By "disable" do you mean disable notifications for the pre-installed apps so that annoying ads don't show up on the shade?

Edited by Black_Hawk

Just now, Black_Hawk said:

I think I'll go with the K20 Pro. In love with that notch-less screen way too much. Nova Launcher is a must for me so it will get on board as soon as I have the phone.

By "disable" do you mean disable notifications for the pre-installed apps so that annoying ads don't show up on the shade?

You can just disable the app altogether, and in worst case disable notifications for those app, which you are not able to disable. I am not sure if she gets ads on Redmi though, I just asked her she said no, but I won't be surprised if she gets then, and she has not even realized it's adware :p

1 minute ago, AtheK said:

You can just disable the app altogether, and in worst case disable notifications for those app, which you are not able to disable. I am not sure if she gets ads on Redmi though, I just asked her she said no, but I won't be surprised if she gets then, and she has not even realized it's adware :p

Okay, sounds good. I'll just disable them and go from there. Hopefully the ads won't be too intrusive.Thanks so much for the help Athek Bhai, appreciate it!  :cheers:

Now will wait for the Prime Day Sale to see if the price drops a little from 25k.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AtheK said:

Without a doubt. 

Thing is I dont play any games on my phone. 99% of my time on it is spent on Whatsapp, Reddit,  Twitter, YouTube and Netflix. I don't even use the camera all that much. Will that processor power be going to waste?

Edited by dylanjosh

6 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

Thing is I dont play any games on my phone. 99% of my time on it is spent on Whatsapp, Reddit,  Twitter, YouTube and Netflix. I don't even use the camera all that much. Will that processor power be going to waste?

General UI and apps will be smoother with UFS 3 in 7T than 2.1 in Nord. Plus better power would mean a longer time frame for the phone. 

Does the 8GB version of the K20 Pro have any significant advantages in daily usage vs the 6GB version?

Like I mentioned before my uses are: Calls, Texts, WhatsApp, Browsing (Firefox, 10-15 multiple tabs), Occasional photos, Youtube Vanced, using some simple Apps. No gaming whatsoever on mobile.

29 minutes ago, Black_Hawk said:

Does the 8GB version of the K20 Pro have any significant advantages in daily usage vs the 6GB version?

Like I mentioned before my uses are: Calls, Texts, WhatsApp, Browsing (Firefox, 10-15 multiple tabs), Occasional photos, Youtube Vanced, using some simple Apps. No gaming whatsoever on mobile.

if you are planning to keep the phone for long, get the 8 Gb the additional ram will help in long run, don't think the price difference is too much. 6 GB should suffice, but go for more!!!