128GB: ₹1,29,900
256GB: ₹1,39,900
512GB: ₹1,59,900

looks at my P2XL... *my precious*

1 hour ago, quixote_1989 said:

looks at my P2XL... *my precious*

:lol:

1 hour ago, AtheK said:

Ya they have always been ahead with the SOC, the only class leading thing they have had in the phones from sometime now, it's a non debate.

That said where has this world moved to, Phones touching 1.6 lacs, it's not even funny anymore, it's appaling. Ok samsung is asking for a premium for the foldable phone, though it's sadly priced too, atleast still it gets you some novelty. But iPhone  what the hell man, no innovation, churning a design which has been around for ages, and that Notch, what is that notch, looks sad. As some one who supports and loves Tech, i am just sad that Apple except it's SOC has not delivered anything worthwhile on phone tech from past few years. It's all about keeping the cash register ringing.

Well fanboyism is fine, problem is so mnay of them have so many followers, that they spew same sh*t to everyone, crazy!!

Well, to play the devil's advocate, that silicon is the limiting factor in any phone. They got night sight and deep fusion to EVERY lens - including UW and front, which is pretty darn good. Added to the cinematic ability of the phone by including a cutting edge tech - DV recording and editing - no small feat. The only thing missing is ProMotion. 

And don't forget, the pricing is fine in US. It's countries with high taxation who are f**ked. I am perfectly OK spending 80k-ish for 12 Pro Max from US, considering it will get OS updates for 5 years+. No other company can boast of it, not even Google. 

1 hour ago, quixote_1989 said:

Weird how they didn’t mention battery at all..

And did I hear correctly that the screen is now OLED?

23 minutes ago, adity said:

OLED is only for pro right? 

All 12 models are OLED. 

To add - the new phones all seemed THICK compared to last gen - probably getting all that 5G tech inside, including 5mmwave stuff. 

Battery was also not mentioned since it might take a hit while using 5G. 

While the phones are interesting for someone vested into photography, the design will sadly take 2 more generations to mature. 

12 hours ago, Maximus said:

iPhone 12 Series India pricing

12 Mini
64GB: ₹69,900
128GB: ₹74,900
256GB: ₹84,900

64GB: ₹79,900
128GB: ₹84,900
256GB: ₹94,900

12 Pro
128GB: ₹1,19,900
256GB: ₹1,29,900
512GB: ₹1,49,900

12 Pro Max
128GB: ₹1,29,900
256GB: ₹1,39,900
512GB: ₹1,59,900

sad on a budget GIF

• Haha 2

Apple is investing big here supposedly for iPhone assembly, I read that iPhone 12 will be made in factories here by 2021.

Ultra lol though if these are only for domestic consumption :rofl:

Their market share in phones is still 0.5% :rofl:

People don't care about Made in xyz as long as price is proper.

People would buy made in Pakistan phones also here if price was ok viz the specs :lol:

60K for a cut down iPhone

80K for the normal one 

:roflroll:

6 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

Apple is investing big here supposedly for iPhone assembly, I read that iPhone 12 will be made in factories here by 2021.

Ultra lol though if these are only for domestic consumption :rofl:

Their market share in phones is still 0.5% :rofl:

People don't care about Made in xyz as long as price is proper.

People would buy made in Pakistan phones also here if price was ok viz the specs :lol:

60K for a cut down iPhone

80K for the normal one 

:roflroll:

Made for both domestic and exports. 

And most likely by 2023. 

The mini is not a cut down iPhone. It's the same as iPhone 12 in a compact body for those who prefer that size. Nothing wrong. The innards remain the same. 

Edited by Bird Bird Bird

4 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

last i read it was 3.5%. higher than i expected tbh 

Same lol.

Still very less in the grand scheme of things, iPhones are better than android in every way apart from the price, the accursed lightning connector and the little switch they have to turn phone's ringer on or off.

They fix pricing even for the lower end models and they can see sales shoot up

11 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

Same lol.

Still very less in the grand scheme of things, iPhones are better than android in every way apart from the price, the accursed lightning connector and the little switch they have to turn phone's ringer on or off.

They fix pricing even for the lower end models and they can see sales shoot up

Until the factories under PLI scheme get functional, I don't think price cuts are coming. Hence 2022-2023 onwards. 

They will export too. FWIR, 22 mega corps have been given the license under the scheme so far, including Foxconn, Wistron and others, all who produce stuff for Apple. 

Edit: Also Apple opening an offical online store does signify interest in India. I think it'll take time to mature for the Indian market though. 

Edited by Bird Bird Bird

21 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Made for both domestic and exports. 

And most likely by 2023. 

The mini is not a cut down iPhone. It's the same as iPhone 12 in a compact body for those who prefer that size. Nothing wrong. The innards remain the same. 

If only more Android manufacturers did that. Even Sony stopped the Compact line up, can’t blame them with their abysmal market share.

1 minute ago, quixote_1989 said:

If only more Android manufacturers did that. Even Sony stopped the Compact line up, can’t blame them with their abysmal market share.

Yeah. Sony has stopped selling phones in India also. Their new X1 II or whatever the heck it's called is actually a pretty good phone. 

The P4a is a compact-ish phone. 5.8inch. 

9 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Until the factories under PLI scheme get functional, I don't think price cuts are coming. Hence 2022-2023 onwards. 

They will export too. FWIR, 22 mega corps have been given the license under the scheme so far, including Foxconn, Wistron and others, all who produce stuff for Apple. 

Edit: Also Apple opening an offical online store does signify interest in India. I think it'll take time to mature for the Indian market though. 

There is a push by them for India no doubt, but I doubt if price cuts are part of the strategy.

Hopefully the PLI powered exports take off.

That will automatically lead to price drops here, which is why till date China is #2 largest market for iProducts, the iPhones are very cheap there, and repairs are cheap an easily available, because it is assembled in that country only.

1 hour ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

:lol:

Well, to play the devil's advocate, that silicon is the limiting factor in any phone. They got night sight and deep fusion to EVERY lens - including UW and front, which is pretty darn good. Added to the cinematic ability of the phone by including a cutting edge tech - DV recording and editing - no small feat. The only thing missing is ProMotion. 

And don't forget, the pricing is fine in US. It's countries with high taxation who are f**ked. I am perfectly OK spending 80k-ish for 12 Pro Max from US, considering it will get OS updates for 5 years+. No other company can boast of it, not even Google. 

All 12 models are OLED. 

SD865 is no slouch, yes it might not do DV, but won't be surprised if 875 does DV. Samsung has a new thing to do now, next two months will be spent adding this to S21 now. You can buy one iphone and be happy for 5 years, but for love of god i can't keep a phone for 5 years, it's just too boring. I am perfectly happy buying a phone for 50K or so and change every two years. Then again to each his own, who are we to question. :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SuperT said:

One Plus just took a dig at Apple by mentioning that the new charging adapter for OP8T cost them twice as much to manufacture than the last one but they are going to throw it in the box for free emoji23.png

Well deserved, cos for isheep DV is more important then quick charge :rofl:

well priced phones indeed. I can buy one for everyone in family 256+ 12 edition, for how much one apple iPhone 12 pro Max 256 gb will cost. 

Apple - - Aathu :p

• Like 1
  • Haha 1