The Mobile Phone Thread

Chaztin

6 hours ago, dante77 said:

Guys. Even I am angry because I am considering oneplus 9 but what choice do I have?

I don't see a single phone in this range. Samsung s20 fe is the closest competitor but it comes with a weaker processor, shitty UI and speaking from personal experience, I have observed Samsung phones start lagging after about a year and a half. Samsung phones also lacks alert slider which is very important to me.

I don't wanna spend that much money on MI phones. Rog is good but I want a smaller form factor and its camera is lacking. I don't play games on my phone.

Sure Oneplus is ripping us off but wireless charging and 5G isn't a big deal for me. Ois is something I am really angry at. Dave 2D made a whole video ranting about it. No telephoto either so no zooming.

I am pretty sure Oneplus 9T is gonna solve all that but the wait too long. Maybe I'll wait.

Apart from iPhone, which other brand ship with alert slider?

Given that oneplus 9 India version is "shitty", why are you so hung up on it? Is an alert slider worth spending 50K? 

• Like 1

Given that oneplus 9 India version is "shitty", why are you so hung up on it? Is an alert slider worth spending 50K? 
What are my options?

Nah, not just alert slider. Their charging speed, super fast performance, year long updates, snappy little features like gesture to flash light on lock screen (which I agree can be done using an app), very clean OS but with all the QOL features right out of the box along with SD 888.

I don't care much about Wireless charging and I am pretty sure 5G ain't coming in India anytime soon, I am not in a hurry even if it does come.

Dave 2D highlighted a good point as to why would OnePlus decided to ditch the two features that is no OIS and No telephoto despite the fact that they could have easily ditched the monochrome lens and OIS was always there so it's not about the cost cutting. They deliberately did it to promote their 9 pro, otherwise people would have preferred 9 instead. Yup, they have become a greedy bastard I give you that. Maybe I'll wait for 9T where they address these issues.

I am typing this using my Oneplus 5T which is in its 4th year now and I think the reason it is held on for so long was that it had the latest snapdragon at that time (SD 835 I think). It's not just working, it is still working quite and is on latest (or second latest?) Android version. And if I am spending more than 30k on a phone, it ain't gonna be MI for sure.

Actually MI has come a long long way, one plus phones were good till they were getting good updates, but they have been slacking big time now. Case being my one plus 7t pro which got android 11 only last week or so. Security patch is 1st Feb, and they have been slow on that front too.

As the company grows and they increase number of phones they are feeling the heat, also one plus 9 pro is heating up when using camera app, not sure how is the scene with the regular one. It will be tough to pick one plus again for me. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dante77 said:

What are my options?

Get the S20 FE. Cheaper, and Samsung has been good with updates now. Doesn't skimp on most features. 

Yeah, Exynos and all that, but buying OP9 at 50k with all those missing features is just being an enabler. Or get thr 9 Pro and try your luck for not getting an overheating device (8P had the same issue. GG OP). 

Haven't seen 9R, but isn't that a bridge device ?

Samsung S21 Plus is available for 63K (Including 7k Coupon + 7K HDFC) in amazon. They did reduce the original price from 82K to 77K. 

Hope this is a good deal.

Note: Samsung Galaxy Watch offer (for 990 rs) is available too.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

S20 fe 5g has snapdragon

India has both variants - E990 and SD865 (this is the 5G variant I guess). He has to be vigilant in what gets supplied.

Is the SD version available anywhere ? Looks OOS. 

Edited by Bird Bird Bird

22 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

India has both variants - E990 and SD865 (this is the 5G variant I guess). He has to be vigilant in what gets supplied.

Is the SD version available anywhere ? Looks OOS. 

Exynos is discontinued and a more powerful version with SD 865+ is going to replace the current version with SD865.

Wait for the new stock @dante77

Also I am really digging the new MI 11 ultra, the ceramic white looks so nice, and the camera seems to be real good. 

• Like 1

Even though Samsung has improved its software a whole lot but it still has a few things which drive me mad.

Few types of system notifications which I just can't hide, random app installs during updates, constant badgering for updates and slowdowns. This is what I have experienced with my mom's S10+.

I am not an iPhone person and was looking at 1+ but even that is not an option now. So will probably try to get Pixel 6 from abroad.

7 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Even though Samsung has improved its software a whole lot but it still has a few things which drive me mad.

Few types of system notifications which I just can't hide, random app installs during updates, constant badgering for updates and slowdowns. This is what I have experienced with my mom's S10+.

I am not an iPhone person and was looking at 1+ but even that is not an option now. So will probably try to get Pixel 6 from abroad.

Will not recommend Pixel without warranty. Parts will be borderline impossible to get in grey, and no official support since 6 will most likely not launch in India. 

Get the Pixel A series, or iPhone. Next best is Samsung. 

If you can live with bloated UI, Mi 11 Ultra it Vivo X60 pro Plus Ultra or whatever the f**k it's named is also ok. 

15 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Will not recommend Pixel without warranty. Parts will be borderline impossible to get in grey, and no official support since 6 will most likely not launch in India. 

If you can live with bloated UI, Mi 11 Ultra it Vivo X60 pro Plus Ultra or whatever the f**k it's named is also ok. 

Contact @Bird Bird Bird bhai, he is official importer of all thing pixel, and usually sells at loss to meet monthly target of 20 phones :harhar:

Also Legend has it once a doctor's patient was in pain and he kept calling him but doctor could not hear his pain, then he said he is planning to buy a Pixel, and poof the doctor appeared he fixed him, but the patient then bought an exynos samsung, doctor has been trying to sell that single pixel phone till date. 

11 minutes ago, dante77 said:

SD 865 isn't flagship, right?

No, latest is 888

Edited by AtheK
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

I will wait a couple of months after the launch to see if any problems prop up with Pixel 6 and only then will get it.

I am very careful with my devices and even though you can't guarantee anything (using P2XL for almost 4 years now) but I don't see myself being satisfied with any other device.