The Mobile Phone Thread

Chaztin

10 minutes ago, quixote_1989 said:

What a klpd

I think the last part - use of geothermal energy - and going completely carbon neutral across all offices and data centre is huge. Crazy huge. 

No Pixel, why ? :ko: 

They did say "coming to Google Pixel" like 20 times in the keynote. 

6 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

I think the last part - use of geothermal energy - and going completely carbon neutral across all offices and data centre is huge. Crazy huge. 

No Pixel, why ? :ko: 

They did say "coming to Google Pixel" like 20 times in the keynote. 

Maybe the new Pixel launch will be around Sep/Oct.

Android 12 took personalization to the next level but hopefully there will be an option to change specific aspects of the auto-generated color palette.

Don't want to go back to the old age when P2 used to pick up on even a little bit of white in a wallpaper and change the whole them to Light. 

Should be auto-generated but changeable.

2 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Android 12 took personalization to the next level but hopefully there will be an option to change specific aspects of the auto-generated color palette.

Don't want to go back to the old age when P2 used to pick up on even a little bit of white in a wallpaper and change the whole them to Light. 

Should be auto-generated but changeable.

Beta 1 is out. You can enroll and check. 

3 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Project Starline btw. HOLY F U C K. 

Quite literally the future. 

This I/O really got me excited. I will start working in ML & AI but in the field of finance and fintech. That haven't always always thrilled me but seeing Google pull all of this off, makes me very motivated for exploring this domain much much further.

Installed the Android 12 Beta 1 on my 4a.

It's... Well... Different.

I'm not sure I like it.

Too 'bubbly' for my liking. Also, not all the features shown in the event are available in the Beta yet. So, the 'change device theme based on wallpaper's is not there yet. No 'new' widgets yet, either.

Also, apparently there'll be a separate event for hardware. Pixel 5a and the Pixel Buds A-series will mostly be revealed then. Maybe a new Google-branded smartwatch, too.

8 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

Just like Widgets?

What about decent file explorer?

More like a stable UI that doesn’t use it’s own customers as Guinea pigs with every release. :P

4 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

New ui looks sh*t

I'm not sold on it either, maybe hands on might change my opinion. Seems a bit excess. As for the wallpaper based themes - Action Launcher. Been using it for years! It has some very clever shortcuts and gestures which helps keep a single home screen setup with a swipe for the Google page. Was a bit bummed out that Samsung didn't allow gesture based navigation with the older OneUI, but thankfully with my S21U its not a problem, works like a charm

1 hour ago, cyberpunk said:

Ugh, no Pixel announcement nothing. :ranting: New UI looks ok though, about time they changed because it's been the same since almost a decade now.

Last major change was during Android Lollipop and it was amazing. I find this new Android 12 UI amazing as well. 

I don't know if you guys know it or not but www.reddit.com/r/amoledbackgrounds is a pretty good place for wallpapers. 

Edited by eddy4823