The Mobile Phone Thread

Chaztin

29 minutes ago, Snake said:

Wait, whatsapp chats are not transferable on iOS  devices?

Nope. 

It used to be that Whatsapp chats were not transferrable to & from either of the ecosystems.

Used to be great for Apple as that basically locked people down to their offerings.

Now with the launch of Z fold 3, FB introduced transfer only for iOS to Android.

Currently it's only available for Fold 3 and Flip 3 and will come to other android phones later on. The devices need to be connected physically via a lighting to usb cable though.

I am sure FB is taking it up against apple for trying to reach over FB's business.

Edited by KunjanPSD

1 hour ago, KunjanPSD said:

You'll have to let go of your Whatsapp chats unless you use a paid app and even then it's not a perfect transfer.

Amusing that FB launched transfer just for iOS to Android, really taking it to Apple.

30 minutes ago, rushaboswal said:

NO. Not from android to iOS . SUCKS a*s 

well thats f**king annoying. I was under the assumption that it could be backed up to google drive either way and restore chats on your new device, without any concern for the change in OS.

thats a bummer for sure, but also iPhones are too much money. will most likely be going for the Pixel 4A then, hoping to get a good deal.

There is very little difference between the 4A and 5A, don't think it hurts me that much :) 

On 8/18/2021 at 1:49 PM, silv3rgunn3r said:

Now that 5a isn't coming to India ....Is it worth getting a pixel 4a?  Who'll wait till next year Diwali for 6a lol

You're only missing an ultra wide camera if you are buying P4A instead of P5A. The battery is awesome on 5A but 4A isn't bad either. The size of P4A feels like a perfect size for a mobile phone.

2 hours ago, rushaboswal said:

NO. Not from android to iOS . SUCKS a*s 

1 hour ago, KunjanPSD said:

Nope. 

It used to be that Whatsapp chats were not transferrable to & from either of the ecosystems.

Used to be great for Apple as that basically locked people down to their offerings.

Now with the launch of Z fold 3, FB introduced transfer only for iOS to Android.

Currently it's only available for Fold 3 and Flip 3 and will come to other android phones later on. The devices need to be connected physically via a lighting to usb cable though.

I am sure FB is taking it up against apple for trying to reach over FB's business.

1 hour ago, North said:

well thats f**king annoying. I was under the assumption that it could be backed up to google drive either way and restore chats on your new device, without any concern for the change in OS.

thats a bummer for sure, but also iPhones are too much money. will most likely be going for the Pixel 4A then, hoping to get a good deal.

There is very little difference between the 4A and 5A, don't think it hurts me that much :) 

Yikes, thats a major downside. So I need keep my old phone to get old chats. freaking BS

1 hour ago, eddy4823 said:

You're only missing an ultra wide camera if you are buying P4A instead of P5A. The battery is awesome on 5A but 4A isn't bad either. The size of P4A feels like a perfect size for a mobile phone.

Ya I prefer small sized phones....don't want these 6.5 inch phones and all 

But battery size will matter as the phones ages .....I change phones once every 4.5-5 years so 5a seems better

Too bad 5a isn't going to release here ....will see if I can get from murica 

11 hours ago, silv3rgunn3r said:

Ya I prefer small sized phones....don't want these 6.5 inch phones and all 

But battery size will matter as the phones ages .....I change phones once every 4.5-5 years so 5a seems better

Too bad 5a isn't going to release here ....will see if I can get from murica 

Finally a brother who understand small phones are the best :wub:

• Like 1

15 hours ago, eddy4823 said:

do you knows whats a good price for the 4A? An estimate price for it during sale period?

16 hours ago, North said:

do you knows whats a good price for the 4A? An estimate price for it during sale period?

I bought it at 27k at launch. You should easily get one at the same price during a sale using Cards and Cashbacks.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, sadge said:

Hey guys. So I just saw there isn't much difference between Pixel 5a and 4a.

Is Pixel 4a still a good phone to buy at current price if one of my parents is using them only for calls and photos or iPhone SE is a better choice? 

Totally depends on which OS is preferred by them.

Both phones are plenty good for the use-case that you mentioned.

• Like 1

Apparently Google has announced they're discontinuing Pixel 5 and Pixel 4A since the newer models are almost upon us?

Kind of weird, since we aren't getting Pixel 5A here? Or maybe we'll get it in India later on? 

I'm down to wait a little more tbh, my phone is still alive and kicking

2 hours ago, LordSpymaster said:

What options for Android flagships are we left with if want to avoid Xiaomi and all of BBK's brands?

I can only see Samsung that's decent enough. Have my eyes on the S21+ but that's because of elimination of other brands and not my 1st choice. 

Samsung, Asus. Moto yet to launch a decent flagship. 

2 hours ago, LordSpymaster said:

What options for Android flagships are we left with if want to avoid Xiaomi and all of BBK's brands?

I can only see Samsung that's decent enough. Have my eyes on the S21+ but that's because of elimination of other brands and not my 1st choice. 

Only Samsung in India. Pixel if you can import from US

It's a sad state in Android market. Samsung has pretty much monopoly in flagship section.