The Mobile Phone Thread

Chaztin

On 10/22/2021 at 10:03 PM, Bird Bird Bird said:

https://www.xda-developers.com/google-says-its-tensor-chip-is-80-faster-than-the-pixel-5s-cpu/

Optimised for "medium" workload. sh*t, I love that. Means battery efficient too. 

On 10/23/2021 at 10:57 AM, VelivolusDas said:

Didn't happen with me. Although, I should mention that I was on the 12 Beta before the full release that just went live.

How’s the battery life after updating to android 12?

2 minutes ago, silv3rgunn3r said:

So….does it last the entire day with moderate usage?

Oh yes, it does. I generally have Bluetooth turned on for about two hours everyday. AOD is on. Brightness is generally at 50%. Location is mostly turned off.

The difference is that now I end the day at about 10-15% battery left and earlier it used to be around 20%.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KunjanPSD said:

Any idea about 5A coming to India?

I don't like the slow fingerprint sensor in 6/6Pro so I might as well buy 5A now to upgrade a year or two later.

I wanted to buy it on Amazon India but 40k & no warranty :/ 

Edited by silv3rgunn3r

Totally depends on what your requirements are. If stock Android and one of the best cameras (for photos) are a priority, then yeah that's a good enough price. Maybe try to get it for a little lesser since it's a year old.

Or if those are your requirements and you are okay to wait until next year, then the Pixel 6A can be considered, too.

If your requirements are something other than those, then there are a whole host of options (Chinese brands or Samsung's/Nokia's offerings) in that price range.

17 minutes ago, VelivolusDas said:

Totally depends on what your requirements are. If stock Android and one of the best cameras (for photos) are a priority, then yeah that's a good enough price. Maybe try to get it for a little lesser since it's a year old.

Or if those are your requirements and you are okay to wait until next year, then the Pixel 6A can be considered, too.

If your requirements are something other than those, then there are a whole host of options (Chinese brands or Samsung's/Nokia's offerings) in that price range.

Camera + experience. Picking up a new phone just for the camera. 

30 minutes ago, VelivolusDas said:

If 5a didn’t officially release in India , then don’t think 6a will ?

Edited by silv3rgunn3r
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

Have heard software updates might fix it? 

Oh is it? I’m not aware of it 

maybe @VelivolusDas or @Bird Bird Bird can clarify regarding that

my only concern is battery life and it’s longevity …cos it released 1 year ago….else at 22.7k that phone is absolutely worth it

Edited by silv3rgunn3r

Battery life is not a 'concern' as such. It's just taken a slight hit (in my experience) with Android 12. For example, I had charged my phone to 100% at 11:00 AM and went about my day. I had a pretty average day and...

r2zdd2h.png

5 hours and 10 minutes of SOT is pretty decent and I'm ending the day currently at 23%. On Beta 5, this might've been 28% or so.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1