The Mobile Phone Thread

Chaztin

On 11/7/2021 at 2:42 PM, radicaldude said:

Guys I need some help.

The reason I shifter to pixel 4a is purely due to the camera (and also the size to some extent). I was (and still am using ) the asus rog phone 2.

Now I am yet to migrate fully to the pixel (sim card, account synchronisation etc). However I took some random images from the camera. The images that came out (attached here) feel a bit odd. I have read countless reviews about the camera and have seen hours of video reviews. Some shots shown in those reviews were awe inspiring.

However I don't know if it's me or something really is a bit off in the images. Cant point to what exactly. Maybe the sharpness, dynamic range, the warmth or maybe the camera shoots like this only. Even the portrait mode feels a tad off (wrt edge detection. The background blur feels artificial)

Can you guys compare these images with the ones shot with your (pixel) and let me know if something is actually off in my unit or I'm just overthinking.

Ps- these images are directly from the phone sans any form of post processing. Would the processing improve once I fully set the phone up (thus connecting to the internet) or do I need to get the unit replaced (or maybe this is the way it shoots and I should stop overthinking).

Thanks in advance

Tagging pixel 4 a owners @Bird Bird Bird @quixote_1989 @dante77 @cyberpunk and other owners of the phone (I have missed). 

also tagging @Anshul for some inputs with regards to final image quality

Lighting is key for vibrant images. The color accuracy of the source(sunlight works really well), diffusion of the light, size of the light(using a diffuser here) and distance from the subject.

You can use a simple setup like this at home.

lGGBod4utKnCfNJhqdWjDt9ZzbrbScSb_P6hkcOJ

This was shot with the Nord 2.

CJCXGexvoL_FV_-_eAITrfljk_iOktW-k5pjTzC_

But its so much easier to get sharp focus and distortion free images on dslr's

BshjUvR.jpg

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Anshul said:

Lighting is key for vibrant images. The color accuracy of the source(sunlight works really well), diffusion of the light, size of the light(using a diffuser here) and distance from the subject.

You can use a simple setup like this at home.

lGGBod4utKnCfNJhqdWjDt9ZzbrbScSb_P6hkcOJ

This was shot with the Nord 2.

CJCXGexvoL_FV_-_eAITrfljk_iOktW-k5pjTzC_

But its so much easier to get sharp focus and distortion free images on dslr's

BshjUvR.jpg

Thanks. 

Leaving the controllables (source/quality of light aside), the sensor performance of my unit wrt color accuracy, vibrance, white balance, dynamic range, etc seem fine to you? 

11 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

Thanks. 

Leaving the controllables (source/quality of light aside), the sensor performance of my unit wrt color accuracy, vibrance, white balance, dynamic range, etc seem fine to you? 

I would judge the camera based on how sharp the image is and it looks fine to me.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, AtheK said:

Looks really cool . Tempted to buy it . Wish they had launched this in 6/8 GB models so pricing would have been around 31-33k or so . Not sure if I wanna spend 38k right now since I don't need 12 GB Ram / 256 GB storage.  

13 hours ago, Krazyniks said:

Looks really cool . Tempted to buy it . Wish they had launched this in 6/8 GB models so pricing would have been around 31-33k or so . Not sure if I wanna spend 38k right now since I don't need 12 GB Ram / 256 GB storage.  

I think they have a 2K discount, so 36K sounds good for that memory and storage bump.

Need suggestions for new phone . Budget 30-40k max.  Android only .

Nord 2 Pac man edition seems good . Any other suggestions . Requirements are 5G , Smooth Performance and UI , Good quality hardware which will last 4/5 years and decent camera . My current phone is OnePlus 5T which is 4 years old and still runs great . I plan to use my next phone for 4/5 years as well hence want to buy 5G phone cause we may get 5G here In 2 years or so

Found these other options in my range and requirements  . Vivo Iq007/Mi 11x/Mi11x pro/Samsung S20 FE5G/ OnePlus 9R 

Which one would you guys suggest ?

Also OnePlus Nord 2 explosion - 3 cases till now - you guys think these could be one off or something might be seriously wrong with and hence it should be avoided ?

Edited by Krazyniks

Need suggestions for new phone . Budget 30-40k max.  Android only .
Nord 2 Pac man edition seems good . Any other suggestions . Requirements are 5G , Smooth Performance and UI , Good quality hardware which will last 4/5 years and decent camera . My current phone is OnePlus 5T which is 4 years old and still runs great . I plan to use my next phone for 4/5 years as well hence want to buy 5G phone cause we may get 5G here In 2 years or so
Found these other options in my range and requirements  . Vivo Iq007/Mi 11x/Mi11x pro/Samsung S20 FE5G/ OnePlus 9R 
Which one would you guys suggest ?

Also OnePlus Nord 2 explosion - 3 cases till now - you guys think these could be one off or something might be seriously wrong with and hence it should be avoided ?

Dude. I was in same boat. My last phone was 5T and I used it for 4 straight years and it lasted like a beast.

I am currently using Nord 2 and I highly suggest that. Performance and Camera are top notch. Although, 9RT too stretch budget for you? If not, I recommend that as it has 888 and we both know how long lasting flagship SD procs are using as a 5T user.

TLDR: Get 9RT if you can stretch your budget and can wait. Not sure what is happening with its releasing.

Else Get Nord 2 and love with peace.

I still don't trust OPPO/VIVO even though OP comes with ColorOs now.
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, dante77 said:

Dude. I was in same boat. My last phone was 5T and I used it for 4 straight years and it lasted like a beast.

I am currently using Nord 2 and I highly suggest that. Performance and Camera are top notch. Although, 9RT too stretch budget for you? If not, I recommend that as it has 888 and we both know how long lasting flagship SD procs are using as a 5T user.

TLDR: Get 9RT if you can stretch your budget and can wait. Not sure what is happening with its releasing.

Else Get Nord 2 and love with peace.

I still don't trust OPPO/VIVO even though OP comes with ColorOs now.

One plus 9RT looks really good especially the Camera . Can stretch a little for sure .

Really tempted by the Nord 2 Pac man edition though .

Read really good reviews about Mi 11x pro as well . Hence a little confused .

One plus 9RT looks really good especially the Camera . Can stretch a little for sure .
I would avoid MI at all cost. Their UI is the heaviest and worst of all with too many ads.

8 minutes ago, dante77 said:
17 minutes ago, Krazyniks said:

I would avoid MI at all cost. Their UI is the heaviest and worst of all with too many ads.

Yeah ads part is definitely annoying.  

9 minutes ago, Krazyniks said:

Give a look to IQ 7/Legend and Vivo X60/70 series as well. Currently using Vivo X60 and it is fantastic. Smooth UI and performance, really good camera in the range, and overall good build quality and looks

52 minutes ago, Sach4life said:

Give a look to IQ 7/Legend and Vivo X60/70 series as well. Currently using Vivo X60 and it is fantastic. Smooth UI and performance, really good camera in the range, and overall good build quality and looks

Thanks . yes IQ007 is one of the phones I shortlisted . Will check X60/70 series as well .

So I have an issue with my iPhone.

I have three alarms ringing at these times every morning - single ring only - but they're not on my alarm list.

If I ever added them, I've long deleted them. 

Adding screenshots for reference. Please help.

img%5D

img%5D

15 minutes ago, North said:

Anybody know what I can do about that?

Haven't found a fix yet.....

Have you tried resetting the settings yet? This seems to be the only plausible solution amongst other I found on Apple/Reddit and other communities.