The Mobile Phone Thread

Chaztin

Yeh man, its effin creepy. AdGaurd does help to a certain extent, and thinking to setup a VPN server for home and use it as proxy for all our mobile devices and setup up some kind of DNS filtering. But no matter what you do, they will always find a way to get you.

11 minutes ago, LordSpymaster said:

So time to order. I can knock off 40K from any phone. So ultra or the plus? :fear1:

@KunjanPSD @psinide

I would go with S22+. Not seeing any value in Ultra but that's just me.

I don't have any use for S-Pen. Camera and charging speeds are the same.

Extra screen real estate, resolution and FPS are good but not worth extra 25k for me.

Depends on your use case.

21 minutes ago, LordSpymaster said:

So time to order. I can knock off 40K from any phone. So ultra or the plus? :fear1:

@KunjanPSD @psinide

7 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

I would go with S22+. Not seeing any value in Ultra but that's just me.

I don't have any use for S-Pen. Camera and charging speeds are the same.

Extra screen real estate, resolution and FPS are good but not worth extra 25k for me.

Depends on your use case.

+1

I went for the Ultra because I wanted to check the S Pen out. It works with Outlook and a few other Office apps, so I'm banking on it help increase my productivity. Also, the 100x Space zoom did come in handy a few times and I'm way too used to the larger screen size.

If you need these things go for the Ultra, else, the 22+ will be more VFM choice

8 minutes ago, The Panda said:

yeah :unsure:

Dream hack. Akin to the Best Buy (was it Target or Walmart ?) who knew a girl would get pregnant, but the girl or family didn't know about it until it happened. They sent her pregnancy ads, and everybody at home was confused, and she turned out to be pregnant later on.  

Companies can predict us better than we can. 

1 minute ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Dream hack. Akin to the Best Buy (was it Target or Walmart ?) who knew a girl would get pregnant, but the girl or family didn't know about it until it happened. They sent her pregnancy ads, and everybody at home was confused, and she turned out to be pregnant later on.  

Companies can predict us better than we can. 

Just read about it. Sounds very troublesome. Courts/Governments probably can't do anything to stop it.

Moto edge 30 pro looks like a great phone on paper, and great pricing too. It has close to stock android experience. With one plus settling down this seems like a great alternative.

latest SD processor

8/128 gb

60 mp selfie camera

59 mp  ois camera, triple setup

144 hz pled screen.

fast 65 w charging and charger in the box.

15 w wireless charger.

stylus coming soon as accessory.

44990 after cash back, 50 without it, this is way way better then S22, at least on paper. Good job Motorola.

3 hours ago, AtheK said:

Moto edge 30 pro looks like a great phone on paper, and great pricing too. It has close to stock android experience. With one plus settling down this seems like a great alternative.

latest SD processor

8/128 gb

60 mp selfie camera

144 hz pled screen.

15 w wireless charger.

44990 after cash back, 50 without it, this is way way better then S22, at least on paper. Good job Motorola.

With OP gone, the only good alternatives with close to stock experience are Pixels or Motorolas. Good to see Motorola trying to get a traction with the core OP market. Indeed bang for buck in this overpriced market. 

7 hours ago, AtheK said:

latest SD processor

8/128 gb

60 mp selfie camera

144 hz pled screen.

15 w wireless charger.

Haven't checked out Moto in a while but looks really good on paper.

If the reviews are good then I am tempted over S22+ but I don't think the camera will be a competitor.

Another thing is 2 assured OS updates & 3 years of security updates vs 4 years from Samsung. I am not sure about Moto's consistency when it comes to updates.

Hoping the screen is not a battery hog because they don't mention any dynamic refresh rate.

Hoping reviews are out soon enough.

Also, why Moto couldn't make the device look better?

On 2/24/2022 at 12:33 PM, psinide said:

Yeh man, its effin creepy. AdGaurd does help to a certain extent, and thinking to setup a VPN server for home and use it as proxy for all our mobile devices and setup up some kind of DNS filtering. But no matter what you do, they will always find a way to get you.

Try using Blokada on Android [You have to download the apk file from their website as their Play Store alternative is not feature-packed due to restrictions placed by Google]
It's pretty good for blocking ads and trackers.