Jump to content

The Mobile Phone Thread


Chaztin
 Share

Recommended Posts

56 minutes ago, WhatsInTheName said:

Its a fridge. It cools stuff. All of them do. What else is it supposed to do?

But what about FPS? And 4K??!?!

On a serious note, most of local retailers chimed the same thing, LG compressors are the best. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

Best experience is when you talk about something on WhatsApp and you see an ad about the same thing on Instagram just mins later.

I have talked about stuff and seen its ads pop up on instagram. Once I felt it's a co-incidence. Nope it definitely isn't.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, eddy4823 said:

I have talked about stuff and seen its ads pop up on instagram. Once I felt it's a co-incidence. Nope it definitely isn't.

Ohh, no, definitely it's encrypted but not for Facebook. 

Ads about a potential trip, some particular cuisine or some particular activity are quick to show up.

I don't think they save all the content of a msg but just they keywords. Easy to do.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Ohh, no, definitely it's encrypted but not for Facebook. 

Ads about a potential trip, some particular cuisine or some particular activity are quick to show up.

I don't think they save all the content of a msg but just they keywords. Easy to do.

talked as in - talked. not typed anything.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, eddy4823 said:

talked as in - talked. not typed anything.

Yeah, I got that. By msg I meant any type of parsable communication.

I haven't particularly experienced this but I am sure that's happening or have happened.

I can build a whole end to end architecture for this in a day, so for sure they have models in place.

Edited by KunjanPSD
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeh man, its effin creepy. AdGaurd does help to a certain extent, and thinking to setup a VPN server for home and use it as proxy for all our mobile devices and setup up some kind of DNS filtering. But no matter what you do, they will always find a way to get you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, psinide said:

Yeh man, its effin creepy. AdGaurd does help to a certain extent, and thinking to setup a VPN server for home and use it as proxy for all our mobile devices and setup up some kind of DNS filtering. But no matter what you do, they will always find a way to get you.

I guess I'm lucky because I pretty much never get relevant ads. Ads for pizza places in mumbai when I'm in hyd, for places in delhi when I'm in Mumbai, ads for shoes I have already bought, etc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, LordSpymaster said:

So time to order. I can knock off 40K from any phone. So ultra or the plus? :fear1:

 

@KunjanPSD @psinide

I would go with S22+. Not seeing any value in Ultra but that's just me.

I don't have any use for S-Pen. Camera and charging speeds are the same.

Extra screen real estate, resolution and FPS are good but not worth extra 25k for me.

Depends on your use case.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, LordSpymaster said:

So time to order. I can knock off 40K from any phone. So ultra or the plus? :fear1:

 

@KunjanPSD @psinide

 

7 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

I would go with S22+. Not seeing any value in Ultra but that's just me.

I don't have any use for S-Pen. Camera and charging speeds are the same.

Extra screen real estate, resolution and FPS are good but not worth extra 25k for me.

Depends on your use case.

+1

I went for the Ultra because I wanted to check the S Pen out. It works with Outlook and a few other Office apps, so I'm banking on it help increase my productivity. Also, the 100x Space zoom did come in handy a few times and I'm way too used to the larger screen size.

 

If you need these things go for the Ultra, else, the 22+ will be more VFM choice

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, The Panda said:

Heh. That's nothing. Once I simply thought about some thing and the next min I saw an ad for it on my mobile. Too specific to be a coincidence. :eyebrow:

 

Happens too often to be a coincidence. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, The Panda said:

 

yeah :unsure:

 

Dream hack. Akin to the Best Buy (was it Target or Walmart ?) who knew a girl would get pregnant, but the girl or family didn't know about it until it happened. They sent her pregnancy ads, and everybody at home was confused, and she turned out to be pregnant later on.  

Companies can predict us better than we can. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

 

Dream hack. Akin to the Best Buy (was it Target or Walmart ?) who knew a girl would get pregnant, but the girl or family didn't know about it until it happened. They sent her pregnancy ads, and everybody at home was confused, and she turned out to be pregnant later on.  

Companies can predict us better than we can. 

 

Just read about it. Sounds very troublesome. Courts/Governments probably can't do anything to stop it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Moto edge 30 pro looks like a great phone on paper, and great pricing too. It has close to stock android experience. With one plus settling down this seems like a great alternative.

 

latest SD processor

8/128 gb

60 mp selfie camera

59 mp  ois camera, triple setup

144 hz pled screen.

fast 65 w charging and charger in the box.

15 w wireless charger.

stylus coming soon as accessory.

 

44990 after cash back, 50 without it, this is way way better then S22, at least on paper. Good job Motorola.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, AtheK said:

Moto edge 30 pro looks like a great phone on paper, and great pricing too. It has close to stock android experience. With one plus settling down this seems like a great alternative.

 

latest SD processor

8/128 gb

60 mp selfie camera

59 mp  ois camera, triple setup

144 hz pled screen.

fast 65 w charging and charger in the box.

15 w wireless charger.

stylus coming soon as accessory.

 

44990 after cash back, 50 without it, this is way way better then S22, at least on paper. Good job Motorola.

 

With OP gone, the only good alternatives with close to stock experience are Pixels or Motorolas. Good to see Motorola trying to get a traction with the core OP market. Indeed bang for buck in this overpriced market. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, AtheK said:

Moto edge 30 pro looks like a great phone on paper, and great pricing too. It has close to stock android experience. With one plus settling down this seems like a great alternative.

 

latest SD processor

8/128 gb

60 mp selfie camera

59 mp  ois camera, triple setup

144 hz pled screen.

fast 65 w charging and charger in the box.

15 w wireless charger.

stylus coming soon as accessory.

 

44990 after cash back, 50 without it, this is way way better then S22, at least on paper. Good job Motorola.

Haven't checked out Moto in a while but looks really good on paper.

If the reviews are good then I am tempted over S22+ but I don't think the camera will be a competitor.

Another thing is 2 assured OS updates & 3 years of security updates vs 4 years from Samsung. I am not sure about Moto's consistency when it comes to updates.

 

Hoping the screen is not a battery hog because they don't mention any dynamic refresh rate.

 

Hoping reviews are out soon enough.

 

Also, why Moto couldn't make the device look better?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...