The Mobile Phone Thread

Chaztin

1 minute ago, SuperT said:

Vijay Sales are really good for home appliances. Its good to see them putting up a good fight with all the big names like Croma/Reliance Digital etc. I always get the best discount at VS and also their staff knows the products unlike RD and Croma.  

True. I don't know if it's only my experience with Croma guys near me but I found them to be arrogant and not helpful. On the other hand Vijay sale guys have always been professional and courteous. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, harsh1387 said:

True. I don't know if it's only my experience with Croma guys near me but I found them to be arrogant and not helpful. On the other hand Vijay sale guys have always been professional and courteous. 

Croma guys are generally arrogant as f**k. I've found much better peeps are RD and VS. 

Experience in Noida and Delhi. 

10 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Croma guys are generally arrogant as f**k. I've found much better peeps are RD and VS. 

Experience in Noida and Delhi. 

I stay in Faridabad but this is true anywhere in NCR. 

6 hours ago, ZooZoo said:

best camera phone under 25K. Asking for a friend.

As per reviews Samsung M53 has good camera set up. 

In market for a cheap tablet to do the basic browsing, zoom, emails, Apps etc. No gaming or heavy lifting softwares. Will this suffice? Any actual user here? Seems to be having best reviews amongst all  pads. 

realme Pad 3 GB RAM 32 GB ROM 10.4 inch with Wi-Fi+4G Tablet 

https://www.flipkart.com/realme-pad-3-gb-ram-32-rom-10-4-inch-wi-fi-4g-tablet-gold/p/itm01db726095b00

will buy once independence sale or something comes up. 

7 hours ago, R1shabh said:

In market for a cheap tablet to do the basic browsing, zoom, emails, Apps etc. No gaming or heavy lifting softwares. Will this suffice? Any actual user here? Seems to be having best reviews amongst all  pads. 

realme Pad 3 GB RAM 32 GB ROM 10.4 inch with Wi-Fi+4G Tablet 

https://www.flipkart.com/realme-pad-3-gb-ram-32-rom-10-4-inch-wi-fi-4g-tablet-gold/p/itm01db726095b00

will buy once independence sale or something comes up. 

You can get the one which is WiFI only for 11k

4 hours ago, R1shabh said:

Thanks but its 14K right now. Where did you get 11K figure from? Or was that previously under some sale? 

There are two models, Wifi only and Wifi+4G, check WiFi only model if you don't need sim card slot

35 minutes ago, Nikushimi said:

Is the pixel 6a good value at 44k?

Not really. IMO, 30-33k is the sweet spot, and it might go down to those numbers with current card offers. 

I am getting an exchange value of 10k for P4a, with 4k discount on Axis and 1500 cb on Axis card, it will come down to 29k-ish. But I am sure price will fall on BBD. 

1 minute ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Not really. IMO, 30-33k is the sweet spot, and it might go down to those numbers with current card offers. 

I am getting an exchange value of 10k for P4a, with 4k discount on Axis and 1500 cb on Axis card, it will come down to 29k-ish. But I am sure price will fall on BBD. 

She has an old Redmi note 7 pro for exchange. Flipkart is offering additional bonus on exchange for the pixel 6a (7.5k vs 5k on other phones). This along with the cashback offers would bring the price down to ~32k. It's weird that the phone is available for purchase but we are yet to see reviews on it from the usual suspects. 

30 minutes ago, Nikushimi said:

She has an old Redmi note 7 pro for exchange. Flipkart is offering additional bonus on exchange for the pixel 6a (7.5k vs 5k on other phones). This along with the cashback offers would bring the price down to ~32k. It's weird that the phone is available for purchase but we are yet to see reviews on it from the usual suspects. 

It's not launched yet. I think the release is on 28th July, and hence no reviews. 

The tensor chip is expected to be better than the usual SDs, but the camera system is age old, same as 4a and older. I also think the underdisplay FP scanner won't be as good as usual A series back scanner (generally, bad reviews on 6/6 Pro). 

It is still a huge upgrade over any Redmi phone, so you can go ahead eyes closed. 32k is honestly not bad. 

Don't go for Nothing Phone. Their base is A11, and they won't get OS update beyond A14. 

FE series are decent, also Moto Edge 30. 

I am bit biased for Pixels, so will still choose 6a over any other Android phone. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

It's not launched yet. I think the release is on 28th July, and hence no reviews. 

The tensor chip is expected to be better than the usual SDs, but the camera system is age old, same as 4a and older. I also think the underdisplay FP scanner won't be as good as usual A series back scanner (generally, bad reviews on 6/6 Pro). 

It is still a huge upgrade over any Redmi phone, so you can go ahead eyes closed. 32k is honestly not bad. 

Don't go for Nothing Phone. Their base is A11, and they won't get OS update beyond A14. 

FE series are decent, also Moto Edge 30. 

I am bit biased for Pixels, so will still choose 6a over any other Android phone. 

Yikes! I didn't realise the camera hardware is carried over from the pixel 4 series. I was expecting the same camera from the pixel 6. Camera is her biggest requirement. She uses my s22 ultra for her camera needs, so the bar of expectation is pretty high :lol: :fear:

1 minute ago, Nikushimi said:

Yikes! I didn't realise the camera hardware is carried over from the pixel 4 series. I was expecting the same camera from the pixel 6. Camera is her biggest requirement. She uses my s22 ultra for her camera needs, so the bar of expectation is pretty high :lol: :fear:

Well, while the system is old, even older Pixels use Google's epic AI rendering. If you see normal light photos, you won't find much difference between 6 vs older A series. 6 and above do better in low light, plus much much better video. 

I'm using a 4a, and my wife uses iPhone 13, and we took many pics during our recent vacation. From the main camera, 4a had equal or better keepers vs iPhone 13. Videos are a different beast though. Nothing beats the iPhone.