Jump to content

The Mobile Phone Thread


Chaztin
 Share

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Kumar123 said:

Low ratings on Amazon though. Apparently it heats up quickly or something.

Thanks for the update.

 

The review sites gave it a high rating as if it's flawless. 

 

But customer reviews on GSM Arena and Amazon are negative mostly due to the heat up issue, exynos 1280 5nm and no 3.5 mm jack. I can live with the latter two, but not with the heatup problem as it can cut down the battery and phone life.

 

I guess I will have to research further before buying. They don't make phones like they did in the past.

 

The market today is flooded by those darned Chinese garbage phones with low quality camera and bloated with ads.

 

I am into the Android ecosystem so I don't want to buy an iPhone.

 

I think I will hold off the purchase until Samsung releases a good phone. Again, thank you very much for the insight. It might have saved me a ton 🙂😁

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by Legacy Gamer
Corrected some errors.
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Legacy Gamer said:

Thanks for the update.

 

The review sites gave it a high rating as if it's flawless. 

 

But customer reviews on GSM Arena and Amazon are negative mostly due to the heat up issue, exynos 1280 5nm and no 3.5 mm jack. I can live with the latter two, but not with the heatup problem as it can cut down the battery and phone life.

 

I guess I will have to research further before buying. They don't make phones like they did in the past.

 

The market today is flooded by those darned Chinese garbage phones with low quality camera and bloated with ads.

 

I am into the Android ecosystem so I don't want to buy an iPhone.

 

I think I will hold off the purchase until Samsung releases a good phone. Again, thank you very much for the insight. It might have saved me a ton 🙂😁

 

 

 

 

 

 

I am never going to trust review sites ever. I think they are paid to make fraud reviews. 

 

The customer reviews of this phone are plain awful. Here is one of the reviews. 

 

Please I would not advise anybody to get A33 5G. The camera in a low light environment is not impressive. It's slow in performance, very slow I must say. It doesn't have a 3mm jack and you have to buy external charger and earpiece for this product. That's quite not welcoming for Samsung. Most online (IG, FB, Twitter Etc) and offline videos appear blurred and very dull that you won't have a fantastic view of them. Even Gaming with the phone isn't nice . I play COD and it doesn't work well with this Samsung A33.
Honestly I have been in regrets since I got this phone on 14/04/2022. My worst day ever.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Although I don't have a good experience with most Chinese brands (QMobile, iTel), I have read a lot of positive reviews of Realme 9+ 5G. It has

5g, AMOLED screen, Image Stabilization, Sony high quality camera lens, better processor than Samsung, 3.5 jack, decent battery life, around 400 nits and above all no heatup issue. This looks like a decent budget phone.

 

The reviews are mostly positive on GSM Arena and Amazon. The only downside is that it has no SD card. But it is not an issue as it supports USB OTG and I mostly use USB. Also 128 GB is more than enough for me.

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A big shout out to Kumar123. He helped me in avoiding a costly mistake of buying Samsung A series phone about which there are mostly negative reviews mainly due to heat up issue and camera quality.

 

I have now decided to go for Samsung S21 FE. The product has generally positive reviews.

 

 

 

Edited by Legacy Gamer
Corrected a mistake
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, R3D_D3ViL said:

Iphone 14 pro starts ₹ 130000…wtf is that pricing :O 

 

How is that equivalent to $999? Wasnt it supposed to be ₹99999?

 

iphone 14 starts from ₹79990 which seems to be on par with $799. 

That's Apple's Made in India Tax.

Edited by KunjanPSD
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

more like Iphone 13 remastered. 

 

Pretty sure it'll be in the running for this year's POTY!

 

Anyway, love the software and hardware implementation of the 'pill.' Who would've thought that one day, we'll be able to interact with the front camera and other sensor cutouts. Pretty neat, IMO!

 

But, I couldn't help but chuckle at their naming (Dynamic Island, wasn't it?) of the thing. So LOLworthy! :lol:

 

Also, 'Always-On Display' was touted as a feature. I mean, oh well... :lol:

Edited by VelivolusDas
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, R3D_D3ViL said:

Iphone 14 pro starts ₹ 130000…wtf is that pricing :O 

 

How is that equivalent to $999? Wasnt it supposed to be ₹99999?

 

The difference is because of the SIM-card tray that'll be in the Indian units and not in the US units.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, VelivolusDas said:

 

Pretty sure it'll be in the running for this year's POTY!

 

Anyway, love the software and hardware implementation of the 'pill.' Who would've thought that one day, we'll be able to interact with the front camera and other sensor cutouts. Pretty neat, IMO!

 

But, I couldn't help but chuckle at their naming (Dynamic Island, wasn't it?) of the thing. So LOLworthy! :lol:

 

Also, 'Always-On Display' was touted as a feature. I mean, oh well... :lol:

That's the only good thing about the entire presentation. Pretty neatly done. Can't say it will be like interacting with camera and all. More like making good use of that ugly notch. Still pretty neat!

 

Always on display! It doesn't matter who does it first, who does it better matters :lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, VelivolusDas said:

 

Pretty sure it'll be in the running for this year's POTY!

 

Anyway, love the software and hardware implementation of the 'pill.' Who would've thought that one day, we'll be able to interact with the front camera and other sensor cutouts. Pretty neat, IMO!

 

But, I couldn't help but chuckle at their naming (Dynamic Island, wasn't it?) of the thing. So LOLworthy! :lol:

 

Also, 'Always-On Display' was touted as a feature. I mean, oh well... :lol:

 

The AoD is actually pretty cool IMO. The lock screen complications keep on working, and the depth effect looks so good. 

Great implementation tbf. 

I am.... not a fan of the pill/dynamic Island. It clearly looks like a placeholders till all tech goes under display, maybe 2-3 years. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Again apple is clearly working on a plan, they don’t care about iPhone 13 pro users, as they know not many would upgrade. But the target is all owners 12 and below, who will be happy to lo this up with quite a bit of upgrades.

 

the new camera sensor bump is also welcome, and overall the already neat package has become better. I would have actually been tempted to upgrade from 13 pro to 14 pro, if they had also added the USB C charging port, but well still who knows.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, AtheK said:

Again apple is clearly working on a plan, they don’t care about iPhone 13 pro users, as they know not many would upgrade. But the target is all owners 12 and below, who will be happy to lo this up with quite a bit of upgrades.

 

the new camera sensor bump is also welcome, and overall the already neat package has become better. I would have actually been tempted to upgrade from 13 pro to 14 pro, if they had also added the USB C charging port, but well still who knows.

Yeah man, I am using a more than 3 year old iPhone whose battery has now weakened, am looking to switch to one of iPhone 14 lineup

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...