Jump to content

The Mobile Phone Thread


Chaztin
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, AtheK said:

Again apple is clearly working on a plan, they don’t care about iPhone 13 pro users, as they know not many would upgrade. But the target is all owners 12 and below, who will be happy to lo this up with quite a bit of upgrades.

 

the new camera sensor bump is also welcome, and overall the already neat package has become better. I would have actually been tempted to upgrade from 13 pro to 14 pro, if they had also added the USB C charging port, but well still who knows.

NGL pro looks quite tempting and I liked the implementation of pill from them ( I refuse to call it dynamic island, it's a pill). 

But Indian pricing is ridiculous, better pick it from dubai or US itself whoever wants to get it. 

 

I was thinking of getting the 14 Plus but then 14 is absolutely similar to 13 and in coming sale 13 is supposed to be at good discount so tilting more towards it. I am used to of 6.7 inch screen of Samsung and have used wife's IPhone 13 to see if I can get used to of 6.1 screen. I think I will. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

iPhone 13 Pro vs 14 Pro

which one is worth?

lol that is an odd question, answer is pretty straight forward on that :P

 

I will never buy a 13 pro now, though I have it, if only they had added USB C charging port, I would have definitely upgraded.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/9/2022 at 3:04 PM, AtheK said:

lol that is an odd question, answer is pretty straight forward on that :P

 

I will never buy a 13 pro now, though I have it, if only they had added USB C charging port, I would have definitely upgraded.

My budget is flexible, if 14 pro isn’t meaningfully different (something game changing) than 13 pro, I can get 13 pro

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

My budget is flexible, if 14 pro isn’t meaningfully different (something game changing) than 13 pro, I can get 13 pro

get 14 pro, better camera itelf is worth it, plus the new pill implemetaion is amazing and awesome implementation of AOD.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, AtheK said:

get 14 pro, better camera itelf is worth it, plus the new pill implemetaion is amazing and awesome implementation of AOD.

 

Only the UWB is improved. Rest all is marketing. 

 

 

 

The A16 is also not much better then A15. All gains are due to 4nm node. 10-15% single core improvement. 

If someone can get cheap 13 Pro, it's better value for money. Or just get the 14. It's like 13P (without telephoto), and a bunch of QoL upgrades. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

 

Only the UWB is improved. Rest all is marketing. 

 

 

 

The A16 is also not much better then A15. All gains are due to 4nm node. 10-15% single core improvement. 

If someone can get cheap 13 Pro, it's better value for money. Or just get the 14. It's like 13P (without telephoto), and a bunch of QoL upgrades. 

 

14 doesn't get 120hz.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

 

Only the UWB is improved. Rest all is marketing. 

 

 

 

The A16 is also not much better then A15. All gains are due to 4nm node. 10-15% single core improvement. 

If someone can get cheap 13 Pro, it's better value for money. Or just get the 14. It's like 13P (without telephoto), and a bunch of QoL upgrades. 

 

Na overall 14 pro will be worth the extra 100-200$ that someone might be able to save compared to 13 pro.

 

iphone 14 only if someone needs 6.7 size screen

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, AtheK said:

Na overall 14 pro will be worth the extra 100-200$ that someone might be able to save compared to 13 pro.

 

iphone 14 only if someone needs 6.7 size screen

 

But why ? 

 

Except the improved UWB, there isn't much. Most people don't even harness the power of A15, let alone A16. 

Dynamic Island is a gimmick until they get the entire face ID under the body. Don't foresee this for more than 3 generations at max. 

Plus there is clearly a new Ultra model coming soon, most likely with 15 series. 

If someone is able to get substantial discount on 13P, the current insane pricing of 14P makes no sense. With a 256 gig PM + AC, it's around 1.8L, as much as the 14 MBP. 

Getting it from abroad is the only sensible option. 

Also, the strategy is getting clearer. Most Pro functions (except 120hz) are likely to trickle down to normal iPhones next gen, and the Pros will continue some gimmicky addition (+ Ultra edition). 

I would love to move to an Apple ecosystem, but the updates are minimally incremental since the past few years and the pricing outside US continues to be insane. 

Edited by Bird Bird Bird
Link to comment
Share on other sites

buying anything that has a Pro in front of iphone in India is stupidity, pro set only makes sense if buying from outside India, where again price difference won't be too substantial.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, AtheK said:

buying anything that has a Pro in front of iphone in India is stupidity, pro set only makes sense if buying from outside India, where again price difference won't be too substantial.

 

Really f**ked it with esim only US models. The cheapest avenue is gone. 

The wait for HK begins. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

 

Really f**ked it with esim only US models. The cheapest avenue is gone. 

The wait for HK begins. 

why, how does it make a difference, i am using jio esim as my second sim on my iphone 13 pro

 

 

Edited by AtheK
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, AtheK said:

why, how does it make a difference, i am using jio esim as my second sim on my iphone 13 pro

 

 

 

For me, travel necessitates purchase of a local country sim. Much cheaper than Airtel's expensive international roaming plans with byte sized data. 

Just can't do without a physical sim slot unfortunately. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

 

For me, travel necessitates purchase of a local country sim. Much cheaper than Airtel's expensive international roaming plans with byte sized data. 

Just can't do without a physical sim slot unfortunately. 

Spare phone for international travel is the option I guess.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

 

For me, travel necessitates purchase of a local country sim. Much cheaper than Airtel's expensive international roaming plans with byte sized data. 

Just can't do without a physical sim slot unfortunately. 

Are you using only one phone? I have never seen a guy (Guy not girl) using only iPhone as primary phone without secondary Android phone. They may use a cheap second android but iPhone users always carry a spare phone. 

 

Not my style though, I also use only one phone but thankfully that's android :lol:

 

I suggest buy a spare cheap a*s phone specifically for travelling. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, dante77 said:

Are you using only one phone? I have never seen a guy (Guy not girl) using only iPhone as primary phone without secondary Android phone. They may use a cheap second android but iPhone users always carry a spare phone. 

 

Not my style though, I also use only one phone but thankfully that's android :lol:

 

I suggest buy a spare cheap a*s phone specifically for travelling. 

 

WTF? :rofl:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...