The Mobile Phone Thread

Chaztin

Just now, dante77 said:

I am on Win 11 for a few months. Nothing is breaking so far and it worth upgrading IMO. Although, there may be apps specific to your work that may not work as expected but I doubt that since it's basically win 10 makeover. Not that big of an update anyway. 

Same experience. Honestly if you don't look hard enough you wouldn't even notice it is 11. 

3 hours ago, dante77 said:

I am on Win 11 for a few months. Nothing is breaking so far and it worth upgrading IMO. Although, there may be apps specific to your work that may not work as expected but I doubt that since it's basically win 10 makeover. Not that big of an update anyway. 

3 hours ago, SuperT said:

Same experience. Honestly if you don't look hard enough you wouldn't even notice it is 11. 

Doesn't the right click menu still suck ? 

DOA at that price (speculated at $1700), IMO. If it happens...

Love the thinness of it. And the fact that the inside screen is completely uninterrupted by the hole-punch camera.

If Google can optimise the software to perfection, this might just be my next phone. :fear:

7 hours ago, VelivolusDas said:

DOA at that price (speculated at $1700), IMO. If it happens...

Love the thinness of it. And the fact that the inside screen is completely uninterrupted by the hole-punch camera.

If Google can optimise the software to perfection, this might just be my next phone. :fear:

Needs to be 1300-1400 USD for it to succeed

7 hours ago, Sach4life said:

Needs to be 1300-1400 USD for it to succeed

First attempts aren't really targetted for adoption. Google will check the traction and feedback for the product in the enthusiast market and based on it release cheaper, updated, refined version next year.

This is mainly a concept selling for a concept price.

On 1/17/2023 at 11:19 AM, AtheK said:

If you don't have a mac, ideally you should not be buying an iPhone anyway :devil:

I don't have a Mac but iphone works fine with my Dell as well. Although I am definitely getting a Mac once Dell breaks up.

21 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Million dollar question. I'm still on Win 10, but this is tempting me. 

Get the Win 11. It's much better than 10 imo. 

1 minute ago, harsh1387 said:

I don't have a Mac but iphone works fine with my Dell as well. Although I am definitely getting a Mac once Dell breaks up.

Bring it to me I will run my car over the dell, and if you want glorious and fancy death for the dell I will run the ducati over it.

Edited by AtheK
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

What's so good about it ? 

Once I dialed in the settings for the taskbar orientation and couple of targeted ads/updates. I hardly noticed any change.

But there are some comfort changes in the bottom right quick toggle settings for connected devices. Some tit bits here and there.

Have not come across any 11 specific bugs, same issues which plagued 10.

If you have use case for 11 based apps. then switch.

Edited by KunjanPSD
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

First attempts aren't really targetted for adoption. Google will check the traction and feedback for the product in the enthusiast market and based on it release cheaper, updated, refined version next year.

This is mainly a concept selling for a concept price.

This is not the first foldable. Foldables have been selling in the mainstream for some time now. Treating this as a concept isn't really correct. 

2 hours ago, Sach4life said:

This is not the first foldable. Foldables have been selling in the mainstream for some time now. Treating this as a concept isn't really correct. 

That doesn't hold true when a new company is putting up new money to introduce a new contender.