Love Story 2050: Underwhelming Screens Ahoy!

LOL :)

The trailer for this movie is hilarious! They've ripped off every Hollywood movie possible! A.I. - check, The Fifth Element - check, I Robot - check, etc etc etc.

HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAA

star wars - check, Bicentennial Man - check....

Well no matter how bad this movie sucks it's gonna make big money at the BO.

i doubt that... once it gets slammed by media (and am sure it will) no1's gonna watch it..

My problem wasn't so much on what kind of engine was being used or in what way, but just the general emptiness of the whole thing.

Anywho, my entire impressions are a moot point now; one of the developers (rather calmly might I add) had left a comment, saying that the screens released were from an earlier version of the game and that this was a whole PR blunder that these shots even got out in the first place. I acknowledge the mistake and therefore apologise if I jumped the gun. However, I'm hoping for better improvements in the finalised product. :bigyellowgrin:

The thing is that the game is still under development and if you checked the screenshots they are form a very early build where the developer wanted to show some lighthing and technical stuff so lets not jump to conclusion and lets give them sum time. after the product is released or we see it in motion and we dont like it then we have every right to tell whatever we want to the developer or the game. but till then lets wait and watch

• 1 month later...

Gadzooks, LoveStory 2050 Game Going MMO!

Back in May, we got an early glimpse of some less-than-riveting screens of LoveStory 2050 for the PC, the official game based on the upcoming sci-fi film that unapologetically “borrows” as many flicks as Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer can do with Hollywood blockbusters in a few months time (minus the near-existent humor). Then Sanjit Daniel, CEO of Rocking Pixels and 2050’s developer, pops in and slaps us with a large cartoon trout with “Engine Tests!” written all over it. He also promised we’d be seeing some real info in about “two weeks time”, but that was nearly a month ago. Fast forward to today, and now we’re hearing talks of a massively multiplayer online game, backed up by Indian gaming portal Zapak. A sphincter says what?!

Rocking Pixels has associated with Love Story 2050 to create for the first time a Bollywood based 3D game that will bring realistic “avatars” of the stars to the masses that will be able to connect with their most popular icons in a way never before possible. The massively multiplayer games with hundreds of thousands of players competing with each other provide the most interactive lean forward medium which associates players with the stars.

On this occasion, Sanjit Daniel, CEO, Rocking Pixels said, “When Love Story 2050 was announced we realized that the movie will be a great fit to showcase our technology as it was futuristic and loaded with special effects. With Harman himself being a hard core gamer we managed to create a breakthrough game which brings the movie in all its glory to the world of 3D gaming. The game will be released as a massively multiplayer game and will feature exciting game play in a futuristic Mumbai, exactly as depicted in the movie”.

Talk about unexpected developments. Yet, there’s still no mention of a pinned release date or what sort of a MMO will this be exactly. RPG? FPS? Second Life meets Blade Runner? Tieing up with Zapak seems like a good initiative, but having to deal with the weight of a thousand or so players all interacting at the same time is a huge undertaking. That doesn’t come from just an everyday gamer’s perspective, that personally comes from a QA tester too.

The movie will be releasing this Friday. As usual, more info when it hits.

Archived