Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

Iceman™

11 minutes ago, krados said:

Finished the game, loved it. There were quite a few frustrating things about it but in the end it doesnt matter. What a superb ending, good bye old friend

I am pretty sure they ll bring him back. Maybe like how sully was the mentor+player, he maybe doing the same jig with his son/daughter.

Watch for the crowd going berserk at PS5 launch event, with days before the reveal shrouded in mystery, murals, hype and euphoria of 'He is Back!' :P 

• 3 weeks later...

The game is an experience. Although Sony/ND went to great lengths to ensure that fans prolly won't ask for another of this kinds.

There were instances when I was looking at the clock and waiting for the (forced) sequences to finish off. Less than half way through the game, it was tedious even thinking what kinda forced content they have in store the players. Felt more of an animated movie than a game.

Very few 'maps' to be revisiting the game for (foliage stealth mode was a nice touch). Nadine Ross was a highlight of this game!

UC2 remains the game of the franchise.

UC2>UC1/Lost Legacy >> UC4 >>> UC3. Hoping for a nice collector's pack carrying Lost Legacy and Golden Abyss.

UC2>UC4/UC1>UCGA>UC3.

Still playing LL but I just can't seem to bring myself to finish the damn thing. While I enjoyed the start of the game I just lost interest partway and I've been struggling to pop the disc in. For some reason I feel like something's missing. I don't feel like it's a grand adventure. Maybe it's the semi open world. Maybe I just need someone to hold my hand and guide me to the next checkpoint. Maybe I'm too old.

20 minutes ago, Walker said:

UC2>UC4/UC1>UCGA>UC3.

Still playing LL but I just can't seem to bring myself to finish the damn thing. While I enjoyed the start of the game I just lost interest partway and I've been struggling to pop the disc in. For some reason I feel like something's missing. I don't feel like it's a grand adventure. Maybe it's the semi open world. Maybe I just need someone to hold my hand and guide me to the next checkpoint. Maybe I'm too old.

May be dont juggle between so many games...finishing them like a check list...play it when you feel like playing. Havnt played the game yet so cant compare...but have seen almost everyone saying its better than UC4...so how bad can it be?

4 hours ago, krados said:

May be dont juggle between so many games...finishing them like a check list...play it when you feel like playing. Havnt played the game yet so cant compare...but have seen almost everyone saying its better than UC4...so how bad can it be?

Juggle? I started playing LL while I wasn't playing anything else last year. I put everything else on the back burner when I started. Game didn't grab me.

E.g. I started Yakuza 0 and that game is pure awesomeness. I can still play another game and go back to it and spend a few hours. Doesn't happen with LL. 

Edited by Walker

5 hours ago, Walker said:

I felt the same while playing UC4. I played LL first and enjoyed it. Maybe because completed on same day. The pacing and energy were kicking in. Xi2hsiy.png 

Can't say the same for the snoozefest of an adventure UC4 was... Such a drag despite some awesome levels. Had to force myself to complete it. Nice characters but rest was just meh. 

On 3/5/2018 at 9:29 AM, Spacescreamer said:

There were instances when I was looking at the clock and waiting for the (forced) sequences to finish off. Less than half way through the game, it was tedious even thinking what kinda forced content they have in store the players. Felt more of an animated movie than a game.

Yep. The game overstays its welcome. The game slowly starts to drag way too much that it was no longer fun to play. The whole gameplay was brain dead. Excessive platforming & rails climbing that didn't require any skill or thinking was so lame and boring. It killed of adventure part and felt like a chore. 

If you ignore the production value, which was spectacular, the game was just average. Okayish story and good characters. That's about it. w9dG4YI.png 

Highly prefer Lost Legacy over UC4 any day. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Walker said:

Juggle? I started playing LL while I wasn't playing anything else last year. I put everything else on the back burner when I started. Game didn't grab me.

E.g. I started Yakuza 0 and that game is pure awesomeness. I can still play another game and go back to it and spend a few hours. Doesn't happen with LL. 

Thats old age then...if you dont like Chloe anymore :P 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Just saw that. I think it's very cool. Stays so true to the source. Captures the 'Uncharted' feel very well. :good:

The only thing I didn't like was how the main protagonist looked. Somehow, I can only see and hear Nolan North being Nathan Drake. Maybe, that's just me.

This is a good watch, nonetheless. Very well made. Superb production values.