Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

Iceman™

Am midway through this game and I dunno why, but I keep getting the feeling that the graphics look too washed out or the textures look like they are set to low/medium.Is there some tweaking I have to do in my TV settings to get the best out of this game ? 

6 minutes ago, adity said:

are you playing on a pro? Because it was a common complaint with the pro patch to the game.

No. Just the slim. I played Horizon Zero Dawn and it looked great. Dunno why this game looks like its meant to be played on the PS3.

Edited by WR10

5 minutes ago, HEMAN said:

Sometimes textures dont load fast enough if playing from external hard drive. If you are playing in HDR check your settings. 

Am playing from the internal HDD and my TV isn't HDR compatible(TCL 39 inches). I have turned off all post processing effects. Also, my TV doesn't have a gaming mode if that's somehow related to this.

1 minute ago, WR10 said:

Am playing from the internal HDD and my TV isn't HDR compatible(TCL 39 inches). I have turned off all post processing effects. Also, my TV doesn't have a gaming mode if that's somehow related to this.

You need change settings then in Tv. Uncharted 4 is a gorgeous game. Start with backlight and contrast settings 

2 hours ago, WR10 said:

By how much ?

My game mode setting shoots up cobtrast and backlight to full.

Brightness is 50

Sharpness 20

Rest you can tweak as per your liking. My tv supports hdr so some settings vary accordingly.

The game is jaw droppingly beautiful.

Edited by Playstationdude

3 hours ago, WR10 said:

The colour,brightness,backlight & contrast should be between 50-55. Sharpness is very low around 10-15.

Who said it should be between that. A good reference point is to start with backlight set to half point. Sharpness should be zero only increase it if you like artifical sharpening of the image. 

• 1 year later...

The only reason I bought a PS4. 

There's a lot of good stuff on the console, but this is my favourite game for a reason. I watched Pewdiepie's playthrough of this twice when I couldn't afford the PS4, and now I finished it for myself yesterday (yes, RDR2 took up most of my time), the feeling is just as good. Even despite the excessive climbing and parkour and ridiculous puzzles the story and game mechanics overshadow everything else for me. The characters, and the beautiful scenery will have anyone hooked. Sony remastered a bunch of titles on the PS3 for the PS4, hopefully UC4 gets that treatment once PS5 drops. 

Loved the game, sad that I'll not get to play as Nathan Drake again, but looking forward to Uncharted Lost Legacy and perhaps replay the original Uncharted games in Full HD on the PS4. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chirag2001 said:

The only reason I bought a PS4. 

There's a lot of good stuff on the console, but this is my favourite game for a reason. I watched Pewdiepie's playthrough of this twice when I couldn't afford the PS4, and now I finished it for myself yesterday (yes, RDR2 took up most of my time), the feeling is just as good. Even despite the excessive climbing and parkour and ridiculous puzzles the story and game mechanics overshadow everything else for me. The characters, and the beautiful scenery will have anyone hooked. Sony remastered a bunch of titles on the PS3 for the PS4, hopefully UC4 gets that treatment once PS5 drops. 

Loved the game, sad that I'll not get to play as Nathan Drake again, but looking forward to Uncharted Lost Legacy and perhaps replay the original Uncharted games in Full HD on the PS4. 

IMO Lost Legacy is far better than all the Uncharted Games (Other than Uncharted 2). Kicks out all the family drama and "I don't want to hunt treasure anymore; I'm a good guy now" Drake of Uncharted 4. Really brings back the pure treasure hunting adventure of 1 and 2. One of the finest game in the series.Plus it's absolutely gorgeous looking, and the India levels are stunning to look at. Play it when you are able to.

Edited by roun90
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, roun90 said:

IMO Lost Legacy is far better than all the Uncharted Games (Other than Uncharted 2). Kicks out all the family drama and "I don't want to hunt treasure anymore; I'm a good guy now" Drake of Uncharted 4. Really brings back the pure treasure hunting adventure of 1 and 2. One of the finest game in the series.Plus it's absolutely gorgeous looking, and the India levels are stunning to look at. Play it when you are able to.

You're making me wanna skip HZD for now and buy a copy of Lost Legacy. Anyway it is very high on my list (plus a certain Drake shows up) so I'm gonna see if I can grab myself a copy of it.

Chloe is a really slick character, and Nadine is a complete bad-a*s anyway. 

15 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

You're making me wanna skip HZD for now and buy a copy of Lost Legacy. Anyway it is very high on my list (plus a certain Drake shows up) so I'm gonna see if I can grab myself a copy of it.

Lost legacy is better than HZD and UC4.

Just now, playstationdude said:

Lost legacy is better than HZD and UC4.

You also think the same way? Hmmm. I dont think anything will ever top UC4 for me, its just a personal thing. But its still an Uncharted game, Ive gotta try it out then. Anybody reading this, PM if you have a copy xD

(I'll scour the Trading Post to see if I can get it)

I would say play HZD first . HZD voice acting and overall game direction is definitely inferior to Naughty Dog's UC series . But The gameplay is amazing. Combat with bow n arrow has rarely been so good and fluid at the same time .

The graphics , story and soundtrack are all great too .

Lost legacy is good too but more of the same exp like UC4 .

Uncharted 2 was the best game in the series for me by far . Story , graphics , voice acting , combat , a treasure hunt which kept you hooked until the end and those amazing train sequences .

It's the highest rated UC game on metacritic for a reason .

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk